BEACH BLVD

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

southpeakbrad
Legend (Contribution King!)

Re: best

Post by southpeakbrad »

[quote="Ler"]This was the best day ever. Everybody was ripping. Beeline was killing it. Wayne was on his game so much. Totally ripping Tom Backer busted huge airs and a big 360 in the pit of a tube. Shewman had deATH PITS. Scott Hayward was getting long long lefts. Ed was on every set like white on rice. Fred was throwing huge sprays. It was the best day ever. I never seen so much carnage.

Jack, What's the point of showing up. We obviously don't even stand a chance. Think I'll sleep in and enjoy extra pancakes for breakfast..
toofast3
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by toofast3 »

OK... I have been quiet until now !!! What you OC guys don`t understand is that us SD guys are SO GOOD that we don`t have to pratice llike you guys do. You guys need to catch up. Also, if you OC guys don`t watch your mouths, I mite just have to bring out the board that will make you wish you were on the beach.... The "Picklefork" !!!!!!!
randiego

Post by randiego »

okay guys, so what's the report for today?
Knee to waist high in SD, and I'm ready to drive up!!
Beeline2.0

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beeline2.0

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mutiny

Post by mutiny »

brad and zeke :lol:
looks like the shepard has led his lambs astray
we crusty O.C.eans wear our hearts on our sleeves
we call a spade a spade
devoted we are
to seeing that S.D. chicken
roasting in a pit
at the end of hwy 39 :twisted:
Big Fred
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Big Fred »

better save that picklefork then, we may need it to roast chicken. :twisted: :twisted: O.C. rules!
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

OC bros. Do what you want w/ the chicken we're meeting in O'side not Beach Blvd, and finally, the SD and Blacks crew is anything but chicken. We even go right :P
hart

Post by hart »

MUTINY

HOW IS THAT AVATAR :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

sorry for shouting :oops:

that is bullshit, mate

bruce

ps

I got the stuff on Scotland..can't thankyou enough, once more

something coming back..sooon

:arrow:

pps

I had to take Beach Blvd from Whittier to Huntington when I first landed in LA 1984

never looked bloody back, huh :D
"Mary Mary, Mother Mother,

You and me and..

God the Father.."

Richard Butler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a7TPaQV4zo
mutiny

Post by mutiny »

:D bruce glad your shouting!
stoked you got the envelope safely!
Beach blvd from whittier to HB! dang thats probably about 30 miles of strip malls, bars and cars, through 9 or 10 towns! Interesting slice of Americana!

Southpeak Brad I think you've been hangin out with the devil ( Jack) to much :shock:
so willing to give up your beloved San Diego chicken mascot to us!
AND...I see you make a distinction between san diego crew and the Black's crew?? isnt blacks located in San Diego!
I sense a divided San diego squad :lol:
(by the way arent you from OC originally, you can come home if you want :lol:
Mike Fernandez

Re: best

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Ler wrote: It was the best day ever. I never seen so much carnage.

Ler
Carnage is good :twisted:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
hart

Post by hart »

[quote="mutiny

Beach blvd from whittier to HB! dang thats probably about 30 miles of strip malls, bars and cars, through 9 or 10 towns! Interesting slice of Americana!

[/quote]

Tom..that was only until I got the freeway thing sorted

Took a couple of days :roll:

Which in fact, led me to the Interstate 8 and a whole new world for this little Redneck Kangaroo :D :D :D

Americana?

All I got on the way along BB was "I come from the land Down Under" from Men at Work (because of the America's Cup the year before) on bloody K-Rock :?: HIGH ROTATION huh?

Lucky the Psychedelic Furs released the Ghost In You ( Mirror Moves Album) while I was there :!:

(with EVERY thought to Will Perez and his nanny at the time 8) )

..AND I got to see China Crisis and Simple Minds together at the Hollywood Palladium before I left for New York ..

bruce

Richard Butler (Furs) is a creative genius, currently living in NY and painting for a living..and about to release a new solo album

ON TOPIC

By the time I got OFF bloody Beach Boulevard, HB was Black-balled, huh? :oops:

too true :lol:
"Mary Mary, Mother Mother,

You and me and..

God the Father.."

Richard Butler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a7TPaQV4zo
mutiny

Post by mutiny »

Hart :lol: blackballed at the end of Beach Bvd, that was great ending!! 8)

Bruce tell us that you stopped at the wax museum :shock: or beggars banquet record store or Farrell's ice cream shop( complete with the pigs trough) :wink:
I got my first tattoo on Beach Blvd in 1984 in Stanton :roll:

I also thought /think the Psyc Furs were great, saw them a few times

on a side note DJ Shadow lifted a melody from the Furs, Sister Europe, off their first album. The song Shadow uses it in is, Mongrel, off his Private Press album. 8)

Theres also the Beach Blvd album Classic so cal PUnk compilation from 1979 that rodney on the rock from K -rock would play cuts from late at night.
features The Crowd local H.B. band they played the manic "Suzy was a Surf Rocker"

22 years later beach blvd is now a varicose vein
Still some gems at the end of the road though 8)
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

Bok!Bok! You guys can have the Chicken Tom!
No SD is not divided. In my zeal I forgot to add County to SD. So the Blacks crew, and the SD County Crew will be ready. Also, be careful to always use a B as in BIG, when spelling our Blacks. Gotta maintain respect for the place ya know...

Ah, Beach Blvd. Yes, I grew up 1/2 block from Beach in Anaheim. Once rode the 10 speed 13 miles to the beach (ouch) and back....smoked my first joint when fearing for my life on Beach. My parents did not allow hitchhiking but I wanted to go surf so bad as a 9th grader I snuck out to Beach and put my thumb out. Got picked up by 3 older teens who asked me if I had any money, which I replied "No". Of course my $1.25 or so in coins was supposed to get me through the day since I had no pack, water, food...Then a few minutes later the guy riding shotgun spins around and puts a knife to my throat :shock: For a kid with a conscience as big as mine I wished I hadn't disobeyed my parents in that moment. How would I explain it? Would I have a chance to :cry: ?? They got all $1.25 as quick as I could "find it" Immediately they all started cracking up as they pulled out a joint. Oh, no I thought as the pressure was disappating. Talk about peer pressure!!!!! By the time they dropped me off at Huntington we were laughing and my parting words were "no worries about the money!!"

Few years later a Dawn Patrol began with Winchell's, a joint, Yes (the band), as I hit every light green doing about 30, in my old Volkswagen Fastback to arrive at Northside on a stellar SantaAna, uncrowded midweek day that was one of the best. Kinda dreamy...all in all 8)

Half of my relatives reside at Westminster Memorial Park including my Grama Buda (Beulah :D ).

Finally, Stanton is home to Continental Radiator on Beach Blvd which rented out one of their buildings to the Fire Escape where I met my Maker. So cool to have found an answer to the recurring question "why am I here?" that came to me as I peered out my bedroom window at night looking at the stars.

A poem about surfing comes to mind that one of my friend's mother wrote for me during that time and served as my 1st post on KSUSA:

I feel the mist across my face
Look east and see the beauty of a new day
Often, the heart of heaven and earth I embrace
And gently reach out and touch the hand of God

There was a magazine shot taken early morning on a cloudless day of a standup regular food just coming out of the tube. It was taken from just over the back of the wave so his face was lit up from the sun, hair drenched and flying about, and left arm reaching out and....

In a way Tom, I've never left 8)
KAVA

Post by KAVA »

I can see Beach Blvd from my backyard in HB. Besides the nightly police helicopter fly-by's and sirens ALL the time it is pretty much un-eventfull. However I do note 2 things that stick out about that stretch of road. 1. I have family that live off beach in La Habra/Whittier. When they plan a get together on a friday at 6pm the only reasonable path is to take beach straight up (405-605 in gridlock). thank goodness for pleanty of hookers to gawk at in the anahiem-buena park area :shock: when coming back i breath a sigh of relief when i pass under the 405 8) (much as i do when i hit the 605 coming from LA) its good to be home.

The other most notable event on Beach Blvd was the day after 911. Beach blvd was full of people walking up and down the street waving american flags. Every where you looked was someone holding a flag and people honking and stuff. heh heh still chokes me up 8) thinking about it. never really took to it for surfing though. Too much of a tourist magnet for the inland empire and such.
Last edited by KAVA on Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.