SB Gathering

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

Jimbo
Legend (Contribution King!)

SB Gathering

Post by Jimbo »

Well - the first (at least that I know of) Santa Barbara Gathering took place today. Byunhosa, Jimputz and Jimbo descended upon Rincon and scored relatively uncrowded HH+ glassy conditions. Byunhosa had the pummeling of the day, Jimputz got the wave of the day. The hardy OC crew was met for an insane brunch at Rose Cafe in SB by the illustrious JackG. A fun mid day session at Little Rincon followed and all parties arrived at their respective homes in time to meet all obligations. Brilliant!!!
JackG
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by JackG »

Little Rincon was definitely the call for after lunch. Light crowds, fun swells, good company. Nice to be out in glassy and uncrowded after this weekend's mayhem and chop. I'm staring across Bostom Harbor right now, nothing like a good sesh to help me through a red-eye and all day meeting on the wrong coast (sorry Mike F). Looks like more fun this weekend, should have left a board and gear in my car to hit Campus after my flight home tomorrow, the kids are leaving for the holidays.

Syd, when are you coming down again?
KevinJFina
Local (More than 25 post)

SB Gathering

Post by KevinJFina »

Woah-Missed you guys at Rincon weds-I got there at about 130-surfed still really clean 3-4 foot with occ OH and OH+ sets-been years since I surfed here-most excellent time. I surfed it til sundown. Pm seshes after a long day of non stop calls makes it worth it.
Peace
Kevin
byunhosa

SB

Post by byunhosa »

Kevin,

There was another kneelo getting in the water at Rincon as we got out, but we didn't recognize him. It was about 10 a.m., so it probably wasn't you? You're on the list for the next SB run. . . I call Jack whenever I've got business in SLO and want to hit waves in SB on my way back down.

Great waves, but the highlight of the day definitely was the chorizo burrito and three Pacifico breakfast at Rose's.

Scott
stemple

Post by stemple »

JackG,

Looks like I will be in town around Dec 28th. Meetings most of the day but I am hoping to sneak away for a few sessions. Surf has been out of control up here lately and weather is calling for more this weekend and mid week next week. Only surfable places have been SC or western marin. I have not forgotten about So cal's december run last year. I will send a PM as the time gets closer and my schedule is finalized.
byunhosa

SB

Post by byunhosa »

Jack & Kevin,

I'll be in SB on business next week Wed-Friday. I might be able to sneak away for dawn patrol on Thursday so long as I can get to work by 9, but I am free on Friday and am definitely up for a surf on Friday morning -- with a plan to drive back to the OC around lunch time. Let me know your schedules.

Scott