El Porto tanks

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

Sprocky
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

El Porto tanks

Post by Sprocky »

Initially I thought something seriously wrong had happened, like a neutron bomb going off. I surfed head high, sunny, glassy, reeling peaks in El Porto, on a Saturday, for two hours, BY MYSELF! The only reason I left is because I ran out of quarters for the meter. On the way home, when I saw the snow on the mountains, I realized it wasn't a nuetron bomb, just the first decent weekend this season for the hordes to snowboard locally. So, if anyone would care to join me tomorrow, I'll be back at the tanks. I'll have Jamie's Island freak from the SC contest, a Parkes 5' 10" round pin tri, a 5' 10" Blast Stubb Vector, and the 5' 8" Lis style fish for anyone who would like to try something different. It'll be best before the 11:40 low tide, so I'll be there in the morning.
Sprocky
Why do Moroccan tree climbing goats make great pets?
a. They'll mow, and fertilize, your lawn.
b. They can climb trees!
c. Goat's milk, cheese, yogurt, etc is pretty tasty
d. The goats themselves are pretty tasty.
e. All of the above
kneelingBROTHA
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by kneelingBROTHA »

Wuddup fellow south bay mang...Redondo stayed clean for about 3 1/2 go 4 hours. I bodysurfed the whole entire time; I never got out of the water. I'm spent! It was a blast though, I got one ride in the first 30 minutes that was from the outside to the shorebreak; I manuevered (bodysurfing mind you!) around two standups. I (edit:) ALMOST got a board to the ribs but managed to squeak by. Good times today! I'm glad you got some too Sprocky!

BTW: There looked to be a kneeboarder going out at Redondo around 2:00pm when I left. Was it any of you guys? Long kneeboard and Churchill Slasher fins I believe.

I also spotted a kneelo last Saturday at Manhattan a few peaks down from the pier. Again, any one of your guys?

I hope everyone scored waves! You got even luckier than me Sprocky! Maybe I can get a few with you once my board that is being repaired is returned to me!

laters.
dropkneeing is a sin...isn't it?
Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

Hey kneelingBROTHA,
It wasn't as good as yesterday, but still well worth the effort. A bit warbly from the approaching weather, and I was sharing the peak with two Japanese tourists, but still glad I paddled.
And if you look at the second to last line of my previous post, I've got extra boards if you'd like something to ride while yours is being repaired. Boards need to be ridden to fulfill their mission in life. ;-)
Why do Moroccan tree climbing goats make great pets?
a. They'll mow, and fertilize, your lawn.
b. They can climb trees!
c. Goat's milk, cheese, yogurt, etc is pretty tasty
d. The goats themselves are pretty tasty.
e. All of the above
kneelingBROTHA

Post by kneelingBROTHA »

Yo bro...yeah, I just might have to take you up on that offer. I'm getting addicted to this bodysurfing deal, but that 5'8" lis style fish sounds like something I'd be stoked to try out. I'll pm you around Thursday if I have enough homework cleared out of the way to make it to Porto that day for a sesh.

Thanks man!

--marc bockman
dropkneeing is a sin...isn't it?
MIK911

Post by MIK911 »

Dang, I knew I should've gone out this wkend, but thought tide was too low in AM, and was anticipating walls. That's what happens when I rely on Swellmagnet. Instead, I stayed home to earn brownie points (bummer).

Brotha--that was me N of pier last wk (14th St). Sat was just OK, Sun was alot better.

Sprock--how's that Stubb work in our waters ? I was considering one for the weak summer stuff we get around here.

Just my luck--I passed on this past wkend, and next wkend looks fa-lat.
WillP

Post by WillP »

Burnout was pretty fun on saturday. Sunday was better at the southside beachbreaks. Eric, I promise i will call you next time it's blown out at El Stinko and it's good over here.
The Creediler
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Will it be good thurs. 2/29?

Post by The Creediler »

Hey Sprokey; I'am going to try to make up there on thurs and demo Matty Gs' step-tail Flashy I bought! Better be good!
The Creeeeeeeediler!