Nor Cal Gathering

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

Mike Fernandez
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Mike Fernandez »

It will be good to see you again Stemple. You know dark chocolate is good for our health a recent medical research report stated. Helps with high blood pressure, and some other things. :D Not milk choco, Dark choco. :wink:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
flaps
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by flaps »

Hey, this is an update for anybody (skansand) interested in what's happening with Reggae on the River--it's been cancelled. However, the same people, myself included, who produced RotR for the past 23 years, are putting on a reggae festival at the same place, same time, with a great lineup. It's being called Reggae Rising--check it out here: http://www.reggaerising.com/. Anybody that bought tickets for RotR will get refunds. Anyway, back to the topic at hand, great reggae music while camping on the beautiful Eel River, then a great campout in Northern Mendo with all our kneelo friends! Sounds like a plan to me--looks like minus tides early in the morning then--might be an ab or two around...
It's already good tomorrow...
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

We might as well hit Deadmans, Third Reef, and No Pass while we are up there :shock: :shock: :shock:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

Rocky Point/Black Rock
Scott

Post by Scott »

Looks like things are falling in line for Don Harris and myself to attend during the days for the event. We'll probably be staying a ways to the south and driving up during the days. We'll keep you posted. Glad for all you guys along who have the local knowledge of the area!
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Flaps - Its good that you and your friends are going to keep the spirit of that great festival alive. If anyone needs to rent a horn section, give me a shout; we're open that weekend.
kbing since plywood days
skansand

Post by skansand »

:x ....$200 bucks more for camping!! Reggae on the river was all inclusive in the $175....and there were more bands!!...

i hope my friends still want to go up north to surf...i doubt any of them are gonna throw down the extra cash for the festival...
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Matt, Tom has a drum, and I got my gitair, that should cover it at the camping ground, now we jus need a name fer our band :lol:

Rocky Point/Black Rock
flaps

Post by flaps »

Skansand--I'm soo bummed that this all happened--it should've been dealt with about 6 months ago, behind closed doors so that you and all the fans of rotr wouldn't have even known anything happened. I'm not one of the principals, just a high up coordinator, and all I want is for it to be the same as it always has been. As far as ticket prices, bands, etc. I don't have anything to do with that but I know that many people have said that RR's lineup is looking really good. You could probably not have any bands and people would show up just to party on the river with their friends. And then go to Westport for some more camping...I was near there at 0600 this morning and took all of 10 minutes to get my limit of abs...mmmmm, good dinner ahead! Oh yeah, and the surf was lake-like, good for abbing...
It's already good tomorrow...
skansand

Post by skansand »

mike, that sounds great man, we'll have to jam for sure...Alex(my brother) just bought a sweet acoustic fretless bass and my friend jams the harmonica/guitar...ive been playing the melodica lately so well have some crazy jam session.. :D

flaps, thanks for updates bro,hopefully ill get up there for he gathering and we can get some waves....
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon
Willy Kelly
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Willy Kelly »

Mike all of them surf spots are a long way up the coast :shock:

peace and good waves my kneelo bros
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Thank goodness Willy, I know they are really sharky! :shock: :wink:

Rocky Point/Black Rock
Willy Kelly

Post by Willy Kelly »

But them big Whites can swim and Wages Creek is also Sharky

but dont worry Wes will be there :lol:

peace and good waves
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I really want to try and makes this - sounds totally cool
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Yeah but Willy you know Wes is a wave catching machine from Indo, he will be on the waves while we are sitting around waiting. :shock: :lol:

Rocky Point/Black Rock
Willy Kelly

Post by Willy Kelly »

Just to let everone know I will be headed down to Peru for two weeks starting 6-14-07 so if ther are any questions I will get back to you when I get home

Looking forward to seeing a bunch of Kneelos in Nor Cal

Peace and good waves