Blacks Gathering - Dec 27, 2003

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

WayneK
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by WayneK »

Just wanted to say thanks to the San Diego crew for organizing the gathering and the post surf 'munch and brew'. We all know it wasn't true Blacks but it was FUN. I'm looking forward to Salt Creek. Wayne Kopit
Jack Beresford

blacks

Post by Jack Beresford »

Thanks everyone who made the trip - glad you all arrived home safe. Special thanks to photogs Joel and John. I dropped off 11 rolls of film at Costco today - so more good images to come (and I may need to pass the hat once the prints are ready). Also, if you'd like a copy of the video (no charge) just send me a VHS tape - at least 60 minutes - and include a postage paid return address envelope. Mail it to me at 5974 Carnegie St., San Diego 92122. Thanks also to Nick for relieving me on the video camera and letting me catch a few.

Blacks was better (of course) on Sunday but not as good this morning. All in all, I think we did OK - especially given the severity of the storm. One of these years though we're going to really score!

For those checking out the photos - that's my brother Chris gauging those clean bottom turns. He's been pretty low profile of late due to his pilot job but be assured he's still ripping as hard as anyone on this side of the Pacific.
Jack Beresford
MWROBERTSON

Chris

Post by MWROBERTSON »

Yes, I saw Chris ripping some good ones! It must be in the DNA. Nice guy too! I hope to surf with you guys again soon. 8)
Jafo
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Jafo »

Jack, let me know when the pics are ready so I can take a look! (I'd also be happy to make a donation to the Kneeboard Posterity Photo Fund.
matt cunningham

to john s

Post by matt cunningham »

Rex was down with Glenn a month ago at Blacks on a longboard (the dark side of the force luke). He'll only surf Black's if there's another Kneerider out. He's been riding super thin, Choice, Toby-shaped four fin fishes, thinner than the past, no margin for error, totally dialed in for the Rock and Tahiti but a bit tempermental for beach breaks or slop. Still rips, hates crowds. I've heard rumors from Steve at Tehooppo that on the right day at Restraunts or outside at Cloudbreak when the wind comes up and standup surfers can't get in that Rex blows minds heavier than anyone.

Matt c
Ler

GATHERING

Post by Ler »

Thanks for the invite to Black's. It was great seeing everybody. Jack your video is classic. There was some good kneeriding going on, despite the surf. Hope to see ya'll at the Creek.
Jack Beresford

blacks photos

Post by Jack Beresford »

I got Joel's photos back from Costco over the weekend - some great shots among the 11 rolls developed. I'm sending the CDs to Don for posting on the Web. I'll also have the others for you all to pick up next time we meet (Salt Creek, Surfer Bowl or buy me lunch at DZ Akins - like Dave is doing). Until then, pray for surf - c'mon this is January!!! :evil:

Thanks to those who've already contributed to the photo fund!
Jack Beresford
Eric Carson

Post by Eric Carson »

I'm not from the South, but all I can say after seeing those pics is "Dang Ya'll"!!!
:roll:
DarcyM

photos

Post by DarcyM »

Jack - I'd gladly buy you lunch! I've been carting around a blank VHS tape for like, a week, trying to remember to put it in the mail for you to make a copy. Also I plan to fork over some cash for the photos. Any chance of getting copies of those CD's?

If I don't get it done in the next few days, I'll guess I'll just cart it all up to Salt Creek and hand it over then. Thanks a lot for handling this too -- good job on the video as well.

hope you're getting some of this swell --- I'm stuck at work with no break in sight until Thursday. At least next Monday is a holiday!
dm

"Push the button, Max!"
Jack Beresford

darcy

Post by Jack Beresford »

Yes, I'll bring all the photos to Salt Creek if I don't connect with people before then. Don has the CDs for posting Joel's photos. I'm making copies of the video and distributing them starting this week (to those who've sent me a blank tape).

Got good Black's today - not as big as expected but still DOH and roping. Looks like more to come!
Jack Beresford