Blacks Gathering - Dec 27, 2003

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

Jack Beresford
Legend (Contribution King!)

Blacks Gathering - Dec 27, 2003

Post by Jack Beresford »

What: Blacks Gathering 2003

When: Saturday, Dec. 27, 7 a.m. to 10 a.m

Where: North Peak

Prediction: Lots of shacks - get there early!

Hosts: Jack, Dave, Jason and Greg (maybe Greg will show this time)

More: We plan to videotape from the bluffs and then show the vid at the post-gathering (location TBD). Free pitcher for the guy/gal with the best tuberide. Get your hall-pass now - Blacks almost always cranks the week between Christmas and New Years.
Jack Beresford
Ler

GATHERING

Post by Ler »

Hi Jack,
Congrats on recent Victory. You were surfing great. I'll go to the Black's gathering. Thanks for putting it on. See you guys then. Burn a board or something a couple days before, to make sure the surf is good.

Mike
Jack Beresford

Blacks

Post by Jack Beresford »

Thanks Mike - you're a classic! Mark it down now - Blacks will deliver.

Looks like the post-gathering will be at Pizza Port in Solana Beach. Great pizza, great beer. If it's cranking, we can head back down for an afternoon low-tide session.
Jack Beresford
Don
Admin

Re: Blacks

Post by Don »

Jack Beresford wrote: Looks like the post-gathering will be at Pizza Port in Solana Beach. Great pizza, great beer. If it's cranking, we can head back down for an afternoon low-tide session.
Jack,

I think Pizza Port was just opening when we got there last time (11:30 :?: :?: ). You might give them a heads up and tell them your coming... they certainly were stoked to have us there last time. Also would be a good chance to view the '02 Worlds together if Eric has a DVD to bring down...

Just a couple thoughts... I'll be in Alabama.
Don Harris
Jack Beresford

Pizza Port

Post by Jack Beresford »

Yes - they open at 11 on Saturdays, but we may be able to get them open a little early for some thirsty kneeboarders. Too bad you can't make it but I'm guessing you're gonna be getting your quota of tube time between now and then.
Jack Beresford
Jon Manss

thanks for the invite

Post by Jon Manss »

Jack, I tried to juggle my christmas sched. but it aint going to happen. I'm going to make one of your So Cal gatherings soon, but not this one. And a tip for all of you down there. DON'T EVER TRY TO STEAL ONE OF LER'S BOARDS. Slitting throats is not out of his realm. Mike, you would have made a good Sewer Rat. Jon
Jack Beresford

Post by Jack Beresford »

Jon,

Bummer you can't make the gathering - but anytime you want to cruise down for the weekend, I'm sure we can scurry something up. Thanks for the DVD with the contest photos - very cool! I'll share it around with the SD boys.

As for stealing Ler's boards - I suggest feeding him beers until he passes out - then it should be like stealing candy from a baby!
Jack Beresford
Ler

GATHERING

Post by Ler »

Hi Jack & Jon,
Hey Jack, you missed the story I told Jon about the guys who stoled two boards from my car and I caught em at Play it again sports trying to pawn my boards. I freaked and almost killed em and almost got arrested for a death theat on em. All in a days work. Hey Jon, I checked my mail (finally)and Thank you. I think your right I'm one small gene from being a Sewer Rat. I wished I lived up there, a very special place and people. See you all soon.

Mike
ando
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Blacks gathering

Post by ando »

I may be able to make it down...Can you give me directions to the "Blacks surfing beach"lol... Man I used to love surfing that place! We had pretty good luck with those late 80's contests, hopefully this will be the same. Its a shame the contest wasnt this week....epic, epic Moss. Thanks to Jason I had the right equipment yesterday and got the best barrel I have had in years...
Jafo
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Jafo »

Ler,

I didn't hear about your stolen boards story until just now. I'm glad you stayed on the right side of a jail cell, but in my mind those a-holes who took your boards were ripe for some sort of justifiable beat-down. Did they at least get arrested?

Chris,

I'm stoked you may be down for the Blacks gathering. If you need a place to stay the night before, let me know...
DarcyM

Black's Gathering

Post by DarcyM »

I'm down for the Black's gathering too, despite the damn *$&#& walk ... hope for good weather, waves shouldn't be a problem, wind is potentially (early go out a must).

I also have room for a traveller or two, and I have a truck and can ferry gear. My home is in Clairemont/Kearny Mesa area, east of Pacific Beach and La Jolla, but still only 20 min drive from a number of beaches.

Additionally, if the pizza place after doesn't work out, I'd be happy to host the after surf. I've got lots of room and can even fire up the hot tub and/or the outside fire pit and grill for post surf chow.

must be able to tolerate dog and cats, though ...

Darcy
dm

"Push the button, Max!"
MWROBERTSON

gatherings

Post by MWROBERTSON »

Darcy,

That sounds great! I will come only if I can wear the "yellow thong". :lol:
Ed Dimick

Blacks Gathering

Post by Ed Dimick »

Jack:

I'm there on the 27th. I'll need some info on how best to get in there. I surfed Blacks once years ago and walked in from Scripps-don't want to do that again. I surfed Prospect Ave in Newport yesterday morning. Best surf we've had for months-5' a-frames. Blacks must have been good also.

Congrats again on the win in Santa Cruz.

Ed Dimick
Craig
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Gathering

Post by Craig »

Come get shacked w/ Jack :!: sounds like a classified. Put me on the list. Speaking of Shacks, I hope everyone got a few this week, unreal in N.O'side 8)

Darcy, thank you for the Santa Cruz pics post, and the gathering hospitality. However I do have one small favor, we need icks-na Mark's yellow thong request :lol:

Congrates again Jack,Greg, Darcy and Jason. You did good!

Still a Grom.
DarcyM

thong boy

Post by DarcyM »

Mark -

you wear a yellow thong and that's fine by me, but I have to reserve the right to take pictures and post them without permission on as many web sites as I can find! :P :P :P

Actually, he has to do the thong dance too ...

that alone would be worth coming down from Temecula for, Craig.

:)
dm
dm

"Push the button, Max!"