AUSSIE GATHERINGS

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

red
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by red »

Coopers Cup follow up:

Several beers were slaughtered in the making of this commercial. No support was asked or received from Coopers for this event (I just like their beer) but this may change for any future events.

Heartiest thanks to Neil Luke for his support of the event, despite it being non-sanctioned, uninsured and a generally perilous undertaking. On feedback I received the event successfully promoted a feeling of comeraderie amoung kneeboarders and helped stoke the anticipation for the real event of the weekend - the 21st PI Classic.

Thanks to Dazz for filming the event. I hope to have rough cut DVD's available soon. Dazz has asked interested persons to contribute $5 to cover his material costs, but I'm asking for $10 as a reasonable sum for the video posted to your house, to help contribute towards his petrol, production and other costs. I just want to get final clearance from Neil Luke but I think we will be including the mind blowing footage from the first day of the PI classic.

Lastly, thanks to all the blokes that turned up. It was sheer pleasure to see a bunch of kneeboarders so relaxed before, during and after what was, afterall, a serious kneeboard contest (well, the surfing certainly was).

Congratulations to Simon Farrer - People's Choice winner of the inaugural
Red's Coopers Cup.
red

Post by red »

If you missed all the blah about Coopers Cup on the previous page try viewtopic.php?p=13510#13510
K-man

MORE BEEEEEEEERRRRRR!!!!!

Post by K-man »

COOPERS?Never heard of it,send some over,and like a new board,we'll give it the go :lol:
Did I read here,that it's claimed to be the best in the world :shock: Broad statement,maybe you meant the best in oz?

'' Stone recently came up as America’s best brewery based on over 122,000 ratings of 17,000 beers at RateBeer.com and has 10 beers ranked in the top 5% worldwide''
Now..I'm not bickering my friends,just squareing things around so's we're all on the same page.I admit it I am a beer snob :lol: And like many out there around the globe,My preference will always be qualiy beer to a mediocre wine :wink:

cheers :)
hart

amber fluids

Post by hart »

how's it K-man??

now don't go showing off about all those seppo beers.. :lol:

we're a simple lot down under!

Coopers is the sole remaining Family Brewery in OZ..they started the business in 1862 in South Australia.

Coopers is 100% natural..no preservatives, flavourings or any other crap..

In fact they still use types of conditioning from the Middle Ages (I know it takes a while for a few Aussies to catch on)

If you guys ever get a chance to sample one..do it.

As a beer..it is as far removed from a 'bud' as you could get

:P

hart
lowrider
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by lowrider »

hart, don't be forgetting Coopers Stout
...or their great home-brew
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

My vote is for Anchor Steam from San Francisco. This beer was developed during the California Gold Rush - before refrigeration.
kbing since plywood days
john -

Post by john - »

2 coopers - cloudy but fine ales

9 holes of golf - circa 1988

fist two holes - bogies to warm up............then 5 pars and 2 birdies - never played better

coopers is a sporting ambrosia

dorje
merely labled
K-man

BEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!

Post by K-man »

Sounds like we are all in agreement...We like our speciality beers,brewed for flavor,taste and unsurpassed quality

Dan.try a red tail ale-my favorite :!:

HART,I have never,and never will let that swill called ''BUD''pass through my lips :lol: Not fit for man nor beast :evil :evil:

cheers :)
stemple

Post by stemple »

One taste of bud makes you vote republican and love Nascar racing!
Eric Carson

Post by Eric Carson »

What do Bud and canoes have in common?
They're both effin close to water!
Beeline2.0

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john -

Post by john - »

Beeline

spoken like a man of true Irish Catholic decent (gee i hope you are)

appologies to other variables and those from the north - im more familar with the south (of Ireland)
merely labled
spot
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by spot »

Do the states still have Milwaukeee's Best? Perhaps the worst beer ever? Worse than Bud. But Cheap!!

I once spent several weeks staying in a 'trailer home' by Winter Park Colorado economizing apres ski, drinking that stuff by the gallon and living off fried egg and bacon sanwiches to save my budget bucks for the slopes. There was also some other cheap cider we drank from time to time to give us a break from Milwaukees Best - it too had a noxious after taste but it's name escapes...ah the memories..or lack of them.

Last winter we went to Canada - 13 years after the Winter Park / Colorado trip....on a budget again,out of the trailer but drinking their equivalent to M.B - it was called Kokannee - which I assume is Indian for cats piss!

As for a great Aussie beer - James Squire Pilsener get's my vote. Hope one day to visit the states and consume some of your fine local ales - you do have some good ones for sure!
OOK
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by OOK »

Yeah well done Red and Lukey I reckon the Coopers cup was one of the most enjoyable surfs I have had because I got to see some the best Kneelos in the world rip up Vege Bay the atmosphere was unreal, no hassling, heaps of waves and much better than it looked as V Bay always is love it or hate it any wind any tide V bay you will get a ride.
And for such crap water in SA Coopers tastes bloody good
Sat at Flynns you just couldn't leave it was so good to watch had to go to work so missed the semis so I am looking forward to seeing it on DVD.
Had the big 3 of kneeloism this weekend saw simon's DVD awesome surfed in the Coopers cup and had a great weekend in the Island classic the vibes from this w/e will reverberate around the kneelo world.
OOK