Salt Creek Gathering 1/24/04

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

I'm predicting that, as usual, I'll be supporting the adult beverage industry any way I can...

Surf Report: High tide on it right now. Beautiful conditions. Swell has come up. Middles is looking best, with slightly OH, infrequent sets. Rights-off-the-point isn't looking too bad either; right now has 6 guys on it. There are some thumpers for Ler.
DavidW
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by DavidW »

Guys/Gal, I think I'm going to lose out on tomorrow. Have fun and get shacked for me,
Dave.
Craig

Salt Creek

Post by Craig »

Unfortunately I won't be in attendance tomorrow , but I'll expect you guys to charge it hard and freak out the locals :shock: Darcy tip #2 the boys just like you always do :wink:

Still a Grom!
DarcyM
Legend (Contribution King!)

missing it ...

Post by DarcyM »

I'm totally bummed, but a last minute work committment is going to force me to miss tomorrow's gathering. :evil: It really sucks! I hate my evil pointy haired boss! I'll miss seeing all of you guys, hope I can make the next one.

arghh

get some tubes for me ...
dm

"Push the button, Max!"
Tom Linn

Post by Tom Linn »

the Blacks crew, Jack the Devil, Wino and Darcy, have bailed on us. While they each claim work commitments, I have to believe that the real reason for their exit was the fear of being forced to chug three generic beers for every launch over the falls.
barry

saturday fun

Post by barry »

Tom Linn wrote:the Blacks crew, Jack the Devil, Wino and Darcy, have bailed on us. While they each claim work commitments, I have to believe that the real reason for their exit was the fear of being forced to chug three generic beers for every launch over the falls.
we would be lucky if Butler left anyone else beers after a friday night
and the the sat recovery period not to mention his breakfast of 3. Tom
and fellow kneelos I should be arriving around 11:30 Please keep Ler in line and tell him he can't go over the falls on purpose just to drink all the beer...... hopefully you guys will save some energy for later sessions and not all be laying around drunk in the sand...... Cheers and Tubes to all
Barry
Jon Manss

Salt creek

Post by Jon Manss »

Well as you can see I didn't make it. I had the truck loaded and one commitment away from leaving town. Family matters got in the way and as you all know family comes first. I'll be there sooner or later though. We have 6 foot surf and dieing and rain this morning hope your session is a good one no doubt about the session on the beach. Tom if your there mooch a beer for me. I like the Jalama and Big Sur ideas. Let's see what develops. Jon
Ler

GATHERING

Post by Ler »

Hi Everyone, Just got back from the Salt Creek Gathering. It was a great turnout. I heard someone say 30 kneelo's. I was stoked it was my first waves of the New Year (the Black's gathering). I would really like to give a BIG Thank You to Tom Linn and Bob Shiff (Hope I spelled it right) for letting us invade there surf, eat all there food, and drink there adult cold beveages. It was great see everybody. Happy New Year fellow kneelo's. :lol: See ya next event.
MTBarrels

Thanks...

Post by MTBarrels »

I too would like to thank Tom Linn for his efforts in putting this gathering together; to Bob (SFKneelo) for providing/hosting the spectacular setting for the after surf activities; to everyone who brought the KB videos; to new friends met; and old friends revisited; as well as everyone who attended, for making it a most enjoyable gathering.
Experience gained is in proportion to equipment ruined.
Ed Dimick
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Thanks!

Post by Ed Dimick »

Thanks Tom for putting together the Salt Creek gathering! It's always great surfing with the kneelo crew. I haven't surfed there in maybe 15 years so that was cool too. Thanks Bob for providing the 5 star location to gather aftewards-I was bummed I didn't have time to stick around. I look forward to seeing you all at the next one!

Ed Dimick
mutiny

gracias

Post by mutiny »

Thanks to Tom Lynn and Bob Schiff for the great hospitality. I was glad to see new faces added to the tribe, at this rate we could have our own circus in another year! yahoo..
tom
Beeline2.0

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Linn

Post by Tom Linn »

thanks for all the kind words guys. For those of you who were not there, I counted 31 kneelos in attendance of which about 15 hung out for the festivities at Bob's house afterward. In the morning the surf was 2-5' faces, clean, light offshore winds, very hollow and often closed out. I was disappointed to see the wind shift from the south (offshore) to the north (onshore) around 10:00AM.

I few highlights- Bill Lerner got the wave of the day. Tom Backer got the gnarliest pit that I saw. Greg Shewman got some clean ones first thing in the morning. I was really stoked to see many new faces in the group rather than the just the same old die hards. The tribe is definitely expanding. We had Gravels all to ourselves. Only 1-2 footboarders to annoy us, although it got pretty crowded with just our own crew of 30 guys.
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

I'm back from the trek from the South. The body's a bit worse for the wear, but it was a lot of fun! Many thanks to all that came out. It was great to swap stories and meet new folks.
Bob (Orange board Black's...) I'll try to find your PM... got the scoop about some of the tiles your wife was asking about...
Wayne K. Sorry you didn't make it. I have your deck pad, which I'm giving back to Don so he can ship it.
Nick, no worries, the board funds are in route to Don...
In particular, many thanks to everyone for chipping in on the Bar-B-Que festivities, and especially for leaving the place so clean! Tom, thanks for all your help!
Looking forward to the next round...
Cheers,
Bob
walt davidson
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by walt davidson »

8)
Last edited by walt davidson on Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.