north shore 08

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Classic, Fred! :shock: :D 8)
randiego
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by randiego »

Between the stories and Steen's photos, it seems like this year's trip was pretty special - keep 'em coming :lol: :lol:
Smokin Rock

Post by Smokin Rock »

i think all of Steens (and everyones else's) photos from Oahu this Feb. should get it's own folder in the contests and gatherings section.
North Shore Gathering 08..........?????
"This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before." Butt-head
mutiny

Post by mutiny »

sounds like you guys all had some challenging surf and good times
really cool that steen was there to capture some wonderful moments
did you get in the surf steen?
barry

Post by barry »

Smokin Rock you forgot the best part of that story of your shopping experience with Bill........the part where Bill said he felt like the girl shopping and you were waiting for him...and the return trip...good times! It was good to meet you sorry you weren't feeling so good.
Aloha,
Jodie
Smokin Rock

Post by Smokin Rock »

i was trying to be nice to Bill since it was ummmmm...pretty funny. :lol:
we went to Patagonia store which Bill said is outrageously expensive but that he really wanted to buy something there anyway. he looked and looked and i got tired and waited outside the store. he found a jacket he really liked but could'nt bring himself to buy it. he had to walk away and "see if the jacket spoke to him" as Jodie put it. :lol: :lol: Bill and i went to Puena Point and looked at the sick pits at Haleiwa lefts once again and i guess the jacket lured him back so back to the store we went and he did indeed buy the jacket. i have a photo on my cel phone of Bill and his cute little Patagonia bag.
i always have the best shopping adventures on the North Shore. last time it was Red, Japan Mike and i who ventured to the Mililani Wal-Mart for a day of fun.
it was great to meet you as well. congratulations again and hopefully we'll see you guys on the Big Isle one of these days.
aloha,
mike
Last edited by Smokin Rock on Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joe

Post by joe »

Smokin Rock wrote:i think all of Steens (and everyones else's) photos from Oahu this Feb. should get it's own folder in the contests and gatherings section.
North Shore Gathering 08..........?????
Here it is: 2008 North Shore Gathering Photo Album
Smokin Rock

Post by Smokin Rock »

thanks Joe 8)
a lot of quality work Steen!
ScottMac

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smokin Rock

Post by Smokin Rock »

perhaps he was slumming a bit being the North Shore and all :lol:
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

You guys shop for fun? :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :? :oops: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :? :oops: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :? :oops: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :? :oops: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
barry

bill

Post by barry »

S.R. i thought you were gonna say that
"you were being nice to Bill since it was your first date "
glad you didnt go there mate :oops:
patagonia now thats like high society goods :shock:
you fellas werent holdin back

and M.F. how long did all those smilies take :?:
what is there no surf in pennsylvania right now :roll:

I wonder whos posting what next,
barry
jdc
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Re: ns08

Post by jdc »

barry wrote:

helps to keep us humble,

Peace,

barry

Sometimes the keyboard is mightier than the camera :idea:

relevance to kneelos...at out age the above ideas get lost all too often in the conservative nature of our age group
i like surfing
Scott

Post by Scott »

Very memorable day yesterday! Checked in to a small flat next to Buddy's for two days; sure beats driving from Honolulu each day and makes Pam more part of the days. Looking out from Bud's house onto Backyards I meet Pat Holzman and his lovely wife (tough Hawaiian first name to remember, unfortunately). Pat had just come in from a short session there and I paddled out pretty quick. 4-8' faces and a light crowd. What could go wrong? Well, first wave I get a nice wall ending in a maybe-yes, maybe-no tube. Turned out to be maybe-no with a strong closeout section. While swirling around underwater in the ensuing wipout, I take a fin to the top of my head. Some blood right away, so that was the end of my surfing for the day, and on my first wave! Not quite deep enough for stitches, but pretty close. I sat on the beach and talked story with Pat (trying to get him and his nephew to come to a the next Santa Cruz contest!) and watched his evening session as the wind died down some. Got a few pics I will post later.

So today I wore the Gath helmet I brought along for both sessions at Sunset. The morning session was with Paul and we both got plenty waves despite the seasoned crew of 20 or so guys, some riding 11' boards and getting the best sets. In fact, the whole pack that sits outside all ride very long boards, even though the waves didn't merit having such equipment (HH - DOH +). Before coming in I paddled up to Backyards for a few: breaking very hard. Had two pretty vicious wipeouts in the tricky end sections. Amazing how violent you can get bent underwater at this place and the reef is always your eager companion. But my body and board this time escaped unscathed.

Did the boogie boarding thing at inside Haleiwa with Pam this afternoon. This evening it was back to Sunset for me. A bit onshore but a lighter crowd and still lots of fun. The long, long drops at Sunset and the sensation of speed coming off the bottom is really addicting! Every kneelo should experience it at least once in their life!!

One more morning of surf before moving back to Honolulu for the last few days. Swell is still holding good size...
alfredo zavala

Post by alfredo zavala »

My sister in law calls it PATAGUCCI!!

Classic!