Jalama Beach north/south

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

ScottMac
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
mike schmaeling
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by mike schmaeling »

Hi all,

If you are planning on coming to this Jalama Gathering, check this thread before you leave!!! The window for the NOAA satelite launch is in the wee hours of the morning. If it doesn't go early Wednesday, then the park will be evacuated wednesday night also. I'll let you all know when it rattles my windows.

Mike
scott hayward

jalama

Post by scott hayward »

Hope to pull in the park thurs. a.m. and get an elec. site. Thank for the posted info. You probably choose a good weekend for the gathering,
jalama made the cover of Sunset mag. "again" It is a gem of a photo. The Haywards
mike schmaeling

Hi All,

Well, the rocket did not go last night. So the Park will be evacuated again tonight. Pray that the wind is down, so that the launch will go off and the park can resume normal operations.

Mike
ScottMac

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
mike schmaeling

Hi all,

Well if the park is not evacuating for the planned launch, let's go for it!!!! The launch is still scheduled to go, so plan on being woke up by a loud rumble and a little shaking. It's going off from from the south base and will have a southern trajectory(over Jalama). The window for the launch is between 2:30 and 3:30 am. High upper atmosphic wind could delay the launch. If it does go tonight, it should be a pretty sight. Since they are not evac'ing the park, I'm guessing that it will be a Delta, cause it's a smaller rocket. Sorry for not checking with Clay on the park's status, I just assumed that all south base launchs ment park closure.

I'll see you all at the park Friday evening, hope we can get some evening glass!!!! I'll bring some meat and bread for a BBQ.

Mike
mike schmaeling

Hi All,

Just left the Jalama Gathering. We had a great Chicken and tritip BBQ and the turn out is better than I expected(after last year's "blowout"). Scott said we have at least 8 Kneelos there. I'll try to get a group picture tomorrow. We should probably do the North/South Cup Surf Off since the south is so poorly represented. Without Darcy, Jack, Barry, Dave W. and Greg there, the north could easily rise again. Seriously let's talk about doing the North/South Surf Off at Big Sur in September. Scott's got a hugh group area reserved and September at Big Sur is awesome.

If anyone wants to join us tomorrow, Scott McDonald, Willi Kelly and Mike Garrett are in sites 34, 35,& 36. Fred Peterson and Tom Becker are in the South end of the Park. The wind didn't come on till 1 pm today and the wave were around chest high.

Hope to see more of you all out there tomorrow,

Mike
MTBarrels
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by MTBarrels »

mike schmaeling wrote: ...<snipped>... The wind didn't come on till 1 pm today and the wave were around chest high...
Mike
???

Hey Mike, I always thought Jalama was west (as well as north) of San Diego. Is there another Jalama on the east coast? (Your post is dated the 14th andI'm writing this on the 14th at 10:45 AM PDT)
Experience gained is in proportion to equipment ruined.
Beeline2.0

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScottMac

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
barry

Glad you all had fun

Post by barry »

Stoked for those that made it.
alas I was working this weekend and missed out :cry:
Do you like my avatar???
I chose the entertainment center cuz I like to entertain :lol:
Jon does Great work everyone should check out his quality goods 8)
Barry
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

You're so right, Barry. Ya really got to see Jon's work in person and lay your hands on his nice curves......er, of his furniture, that is! lol

Support KBers whenever you can! By ordering furniture from Jon we can keep him in the shop and out of the lineup!
kbing since plywood days
mutiny

Post by mutiny »

Aside from the odd pig and baby rattler cruising the grounds at night, the company of friends, starry skies and smell of campfires brought me piece of mind, many thanks scott m. for getting us together up at Jalama, I was glad to settle in on fri.nite after seeing the "campground full" sign at the begining of the 14 mile drive in! Sorry about the misunderstanding scott M. I didnt see your pm from thurs. until this morning.
surf was fun sun was hot wind was blowin and gladly got worked on the shallow sandbars!
scott macdonald, joe, willy kelly, mike s., halfmanrips, chuck smith and kids, haywards, and fred peterson thanks for a great time.
see you in sept.
tom b.
Willy Kelly

Post by Willy Kelly »

It was really cool to hang out with my fellow kneelo words can not descirbe how stoked I am . I would like to thank Scott M for getting everyone together and thank you to Joe for the killer food mostly his killer garliic bread also like to thank Tom B for putting on a kneelo clinic on Sunday. Those of you looking to get a new board check out Mike Gs Biohazard boards -he's got this new hull thing going on and it is a speed machine (you spoon guys if speed is what you want check out this bad boy)ohh yeah all most forgot Mike S thank you for those great cookies

Peace and good waves to all

Willy