Jalama Beach north/south

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

barry
Legend (Contribution King!)

Jalama Beach north/south

Post by barry »

lets get the ball rolling up there.
southerners talked about march 27/28
lets get the ball rolling and overtake
the campground, have fun and get tubed.
Barry
stemple

Post by stemple »

I used to windsurf quite abit all along the coast. There is a darn good possibility that it will be windy as snot that time of year at Jalama. It could also be calm. Any later in the spring and there would be 80% chance of it being blown out. It is considered one of top spring time sailboard spots in California. We are talking 20 knots sideshore by late morning. If a gathering is planned for that time close attention to wind forecasts would be the call.

Just a thought
barry

jalama

Post by barry »

sounds like may is best for most people. so lets choose between may 8/9 or 15/16. going to be alot of fun to be had by all..... can hardly wait
Barry
mike schmaeling
Local (More than 25 post)

jalama gathering

Post by mike schmaeling »

Hi All,

I'll check and see if we can reserve the group area for May 7, 8 & 9th. I hope to surf early tomorrow morning, check on the reservations, pick up my new wetsuit and then post a "Jalama Beach Gathering" announcement by noon. We can work out the details of the "North vs South Surf-off" once we have solidified a date for this Gathering. I'll also post this same info on the "North vs South" thread.

Cowabunga !!!!!!!

Mike
mike schmaeling

Hi Everyone,

I am still waiting for a reply from the County Parks Department on the confirmation of our reservation (May 7, 8 & 9th) for the group area at Jalama. It will handle several tents and for those who want to stay in a motel in Lompoc, let me know and I'll get you a list of motels. I won't be able to get back to you all until next Tuesday.

The offshores were stiff this morning, but the waves were a solid 6'. I love kneeriding, what a BLAST!!!!!!

Dan, Thanks for the offer, I'll definitely take you up on it.

Mike
mutiny

Post by mutiny »

I am looking forward to this gathering, I've never surfed out there but have heard many excellent stories of the area and surf. Hope to see Fred Peterson there.
tom
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Bring your camera - its a gorgeous spot and the drive out is one of the nicest in California.
kbing since plywood days
mike schmaeling

Hi All,

To cut down on writing duplicate posts, let's use the "Contest / North vs South" thread. All of my posts regarding our May 7 & 8 Event will be posted there from now on.

Thanks,

Mike
matt cunningham

Jalama

Post by matt cunningham »

Hey is this still a go?

Matt C in san diego
ScottMac

Jalama Beach north/south

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don
Admin

Post by Don »

Who's going?

Bonnie and I are in.
Jon Manss?
Mark Robertson?
Mike Garrett?

Bonnie and I will arrive Friday morning some time. Rumor has it some people are bringing motor homes?
Some are camping?
How many sites can we get?

May 7,8,9th... Jalama is on!
Don Harris
MWROBERTSON

Jalama Wingman

Post by MWROBERTSON »

Hey Guys,

It looks like I'm gonna make the Jalama gathering. I was going to bring my girl but she has a wedding deal she has to go to for a friend so I will be solo thus far. Does anyone heading up need a ride or can I ride with you? I live in The Costa Mesa area now, very close to the 405 fwy.

I'm consdiering leaving Thursday night or early Friday A.M. I have a Chevy Tahoe, so it looks like one could sleep on the inside and a tent for the other.

Do we know if campsite will be available to accomodate us all? Any info would be helpful.

I hope to see you all there.
DarcyM

gathering Jalama - car pool

Post by DarcyM »

Hey Mark -

I'm driving up Thursday. I hope to leave SD around mid-day (sneaking out of work a little early), if all goes well hitching the tent trailer to the truck and picking up last minute supplies, I could be in HB area by 5 pm if you want to ride with me. Should be room for stuff in the truck if you're tenting it.
dm

"Push the button, Max!"
mike schmaeling

Jalama Gathering

Hi Everyone,

Here's the latest on our Gathering:

Campsites: Even though the County does not allow reservations, I think we have found a way to assure we can get the sites we want. Campsites are tied to Vehicle License numbers. If I have your license #, one Night's fee and date of arrival, I can go ahead and "get" a site for you. I Still need to work out a few details with Clay, so don't start sending money and info yet.

Cooking: I've got the large portable BBQ grill for Thursday thur Sunday. We will be cooking a couple of meals together. Thursday night is a "roast Surfhorn" BBQ. Saturday, will be the Post Contest Feed.

Contest: Barry has posted some info on the Contest thread. Check it out!!! It seems that the Southerners are rallying strong. The Cold Water Clan better get involved or this contest is over before it even starts!!!!

Design forum: I'll bring my quiver (Romo, Cleary, epoxy rocket fish and F2K Blast), Surfhorn is bringing several boards and many others have also said they are willing to share thier boards. This is a great time analyize different designs and maybe try something new.

Waves: I'm praying for surf and glassy conditions. That's the best I can do :!:

If you have any specific questions, please PM me, and I look forward to seeing you all at the Jalama Showdown :lol:

Mike
Greg Little
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Jalama / Have BEER will traval!!

Post by Greg Little »

Hey everyone Lori and I are in :D If things work out, we will be going up early on Wed.,but no later than Thurs morning. Sounds fun , see everyone there. Greg...