kneelo cove

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

Ler
Legend (Contribution King!)

kneelo cove

Post by Ler »

Kneelo Cove be there Friday 10/03/09 at dawn. This is what we have been training for! Ed Quinn is claiming it. I'm backing that statement. Razor has agreed to let a small gathering happen, from dawn to work time or beer thirty or whatever clock you have to answer to. Be there.

This message will self delete.

Ler

Dont tell the bolsa roughriders that I posted this, I told them I have to be at work early.
Last edited by Ler on Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Linn

Post by Tom Linn »

did you mean 10/3/08? tomorrow?
Jack Beresford

cove

Post by Jack Beresford »

I hear the "Sunkist" girls will be waiting on the beach at K.C. for our heroic crew (inside joke)! Really though - everyone come on down! This is the day to go surfing - and be sure to bring 10 friends and all paddle out together!
Ler

no way

Post by Ler »

The cove has room for all on a weekday. 10 tops will show, thats perfect for empty beachback peaks and sides all that Huntington guys dont mind sharing.

Jack be nice. The cove crew misses you. We would love to have you show up sometime.

Ler

Yeah 10/03/09, thanks.
JohnS
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by JohnS »

Best Wishes...

[albumimg]17010[/albumimg]
mutiny

Post by mutiny »

H.B. saw peaks all round this morning and virtually empty :shock:
hope to see everyone in the morning :D
its going to be smoking........i hope :lol:
8) john, any good up your way?
JohnS

Post by JohnS »

mutiny wrote: 8) john, any good up your way?
Just got back from checkin' it. Lots of swell at the beaches, but the SW winds are starting to blow :( . Rain is forecast for tomorrow ( :D We need it :!: ). Lookin' good for the weekend warriors like me. 8)
Ler

COVE IT UP

Post by Ler »

The cove was blown out, but we paddle out at the pier 2-3 with 4 footers coming, some fun, some were ok. It was fun to surf SS with Backer, Barry, and my bff Ed Quinn, nobody else out on that peak. Thats way cool.

Ler

F-Summer, give me my 4/3 and a west swell and life is good. Bolsa
skansand

Post by skansand »

missed this post somehow...but....im glad i did..cause i scored...

thought id give wedge a rest for this swell but it followed me to HB.......

last night surfed all time epic pier....6-8 with occasional 10' faces,...gnarly drops.,super strong current ...timed it and we moved out a pilon every 4 seconds....it took all your power to stay in position so we only surfed for 2 1/2 hours.. :D

first wave was the squarest barrel ive ever had at the pier...lots of grinding lefts..

,,...this morning, dawn patrol at the cloud machines...6-8' top to bottom barrels..... wasnt out long before it turned offshore ....my flashy couldnt fit in my friends subaru so i rode the 5'3 fish....had to bellyboard it on the big heavys... :shock: .....

end tally was 6 barrels.2 kneelo, 4 prone.....2 of which i got eshackulated out of.....(spit) ......prettty surreal session...

talked with coelacanth aka craig out there who was riding one of his homemade boards, a 5'0.... watched him take off deeeep on a sick one and saw buckets of water thrown from the back.....SICK ONE CRAIG!!!
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon
Jack Beresford

cove

Post by Jack Beresford »

Ler: I was grumpy yesterday but after getting a few lumpy waves this morning, I'm in a more cheerful mood. I even managed a friendly "good morning" to many of the new faces down at my favorite beachbreak. Never seen so many cars at 5:30 a.m. :shock:

Jack-o-lantern
Ler

nice

Post by Ler »

Jack
Your the best! I sometimes hate cellphones and computers. The SS parking was packed by 6am, but not alot of takers, south wind. When are you coming to the cove? I want an answer. PM me, I'll keep everything on the down low. It would be fun.
Ler
shew
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by shew »

Razor and I surfed at the cove at noon today. A couple feet overhead w/ only a couple guys out. Driving home at around 2pm, I saw a macking right breaking on the SS, then an orange blur came flying up the face only to do a sliding snap under the lip. Commander, that was a sick move! Que Hombre!!!!! :wink:
Razor

Post by Razor »

LER THE COVE got good south wind settled down nice peaks nobody out 3 kneeloos 1 stand up good session
skansand

Post by skansand »

Mags was gnarly and well OH grinders....anderson was super rippable and fun....the cove, .... theres no waves at the cove! :lol:
skansand

Post by skansand »

i caught Rubys Reef solid last night....surfed the north side for a couple hours before the fog came in thick...

perfect lefts and rights.. took an big set left with like 30' of wall in front of me.. got tubed and hauled ass down the line got a couple turns and a roundy when it backed off enough to let me... best left i ever got there.

the right bowls were grinding hard too... counted 7 good turns on one...

almost didnt paddle out too as we were let down by 56 st and the wedge...

whens the next cove gathering? i need to surf with my bruddahs.. :D