Calling West Australian Kneelos

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

austo
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by austo »

Just after the big "blow" most of the metro beaches finally got some banks after a long dismal summer
Kneelos do it deeper
griz

Post by griz »

Yeah...... good one Waka........that was suppose to be a secret!
micko
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by micko »

Had three hours of near perfect A frames at a south coast beachie yesterday, four of us out and water that was 4 or 5 degrees warmer than Perth :D JOY!!!
gray

WA Kneelo

Post by gray »

Nice one Micko.

If your up for a wave on Saturday there are a few of us heading to bombing range, maybe catch you there.

cheers

gray
micko

Post by micko »

Lefties will be a better option for you guys as it looks like a bit of south in the easterly. Bombing Range will be sideshore, tide looks good for Lefties too. I'm working saturday but monday looks good. 3m+ and e-ne.
spalmz
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

WA Kneeboarders

Post by spalmz »

Gday gents, pretty interested in what has developed from here regarding WA kneeboarders. I live in Perth and have been a kneeboarder since about '86 and love it, I would be very interested in getting involved in the club / group / gatherings that come from this forum.
micko

Post by micko »

http://www.swellnet.com.au/dispatch.php ... 120609.php

Check this out on swellnet. Now it's just a matter of where to go. Wind looks to be northerly from Perth south from Monday thru Thursday :cry: Lancelin is NE Monday but 3.5m is way too big for Bombing Range. Maybe Backbeach??
Hole in the Wall will look like Backdoor without an exit. South Passage will close out and too much north in it for Lefties.
3.5m is maxing at Spot but Nails might be on. Dewars should be ALLTIME.
If we get more east Surfbeach is where I'm gonna be.
Party at Griz's :D
griz

Post by griz »

micko , have let gray know next time I`m home for a month the welcome mat will be out after a gathering at my local , glad I won`t be driving home after that! :wink:
waka
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by waka »

Anyone been scoreing waves down south?

This guy is still surfing around the Preverlly area, met him back when i was living over there and my mate Eric had a surf with him last month at Southpoint...havn't got any contact details i can pass on.

[fullalbumimg]21058[/fullalbumimg]
[fullalbumimg]21059[/fullalbumimg]
[fullalbumimg]21060[/fullalbumimg]

I used to surf a bit down past Mandurah...Avalons, Geeries, Dawesville

[fullalbumimg]21065[/fullalbumimg]
[fullalbumimg]21063[/fullalbumimg]

Down south was still my favorite, especially at this place....need a good fwd, but Eric told me the walk in from Sugarloaf isnt too bad :wink:
gets crowded, but this is where i met alot of local kneelos.

[fullalbumimg]21054[/fullalbumimg]
[fullalbumimg]21049[/fullalbumimg]
[fullalbumimg]21053[/fullalbumimg]

waka
:D
Just call me 'Poppy'
Wandandian Devil
austo

Post by austo »

Waka had a few good ones 3 weeks back at Ellensbrook and Borenup, looked at bears, wasnt quite doing it, being really full wasnt quite right (and a crowd).Heading down next week end to sort out some things on the house build but looks like the weathers up to sh#*t :roll: fingers crossed.
Kneelos do it deeper
spalmz

Today

Post by spalmz »

Had a good session behind Eddie Island today, big swell but messy. Heaps of dolphins swimming around us which was cool especially after I worked out what they were!!
Having one eye open and one eye shut doesn't mean you will walk in circles.
micko

Fruitful??

Post by micko »

So who scored waves over the last couple of days?? Monday was NW early locally and didn't have time to hit Lano's. Got skunked this morning too as I was tied up till about 1pm. Rest of the week looks likes shite. Rotto woulda been soooooo good today, perfect Bullets day.
gray

WA Kneelos

Post by gray »

Hey Austo, Spalmz, Can you guys PM me your contact details and I'll add you to the list of memebers.

Yeah I scored bombing range on Saturday with Dean and Michael. Perfect conditions and low crowd factor.... joy. Went out yesterday but it was a bit munted in the metro area. Standups were confused with 3 kneelos in the water.. :D

So just to keep everyone updated. The club is registered with Dept of Sport and Rec and I'm just wading through the other paperwork, but I reckon we can keep it pretty simple.

SurfingWA need to know the members list for insurance purposes for those competing. So I've decided to wait till the end of the month to get everyones names together who want to join and compete before finalising the list. So if your not on the list yet let me know and if you know any others interested let me have there contact details.

Cheers

gray
waka

Post by waka »

This was sent to me yesterday, who saids you dont score good surf in Perth!

[fullalbumimg]21170[/fullalbumimg]

Wow I thought big waves at scarbs yesterday NOW that would be a change so had a look on swellnet...WOOH ...see attached.

Imagine how big and good garies and avalon would have been OR the spot and dews.

Ya gotta have one classic day that's for sure I can remember a day this big and surfing cable station before the artificial reef good one

enjoy it
Just call me 'Poppy'
Wandandian Devil
micko

Post by micko »

JAYSUS!!! Is that really Cables?? It looks like Pea Break when its solid. You'd have to say that's 8-10 Can you post up the link to that shot please WAKA.
cheers
micko