Calling West Australian Kneelos

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

griz
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by griz »

Not in your dreams micko , Stricko`s, note the boats so I `m thinkin Bullets would have been off the map at this size
gray
Local (More than 25 post)

WA Kneelos

Post by gray »

Guys,

I was hoping for a change in the weather for Sunday, but its not going to happen. Plenty of swell, supposed to be 6m! (I'm not fooling anyone that I would be dipping my toes into that kind of juice anyway!) with a howling onshore wind. So this Sundays gathering has been CANCELLED! bugger....

We'll aim for the scheduled gathering next month and I'm going to organise a club meet in the pub mid July.

Cheers

Gray
waka
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by waka »

Hi Guys

Mick sent me a few pics of his spoon

[fullalbumimg]21305[/fullalbumimg]
[fullalbumimg]21306[/fullalbumimg]
[fullalbumimg]21307[/fullalbumimg]

made for some juice!!

[fullalbumimg]21055[/fullalbumimg]
[fullalbumimg]21056[/fullalbumimg]

Hope ya all scoreing waves :D
Just call me 'Poppy'
Wandandian Devil
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

OK which one of you wa crips knows a bald pommy stand up that lives in casuarina Nth nsw cause he told me this arvo that his mate in WA, another kber thinks he knows a kber here in casuarina that rides carbon boards, me,
small world eh, he lives in the next street AB.
once you've had black you'll never go back!!!
gray

WA Kneelos

Post by gray »

Guys,

We are ON for the first Gathering of the Indiana Kneeriders Association this coming Sunday 26th of July 2009 at Secret Harbour. Meeting at the surf club / cafe carpark at Secret Harbour at 7:00 - 7:30am.

Looks like an all day offshore with some swell so I'm looking forward to a big day of surf!

We've got 17 people on the list!

Catch you then.

Anyone want more details call me on 0402 470 287

Gray
micko

Post by micko »

Right, who's keen then? I am, but the wind's startin to look a bit suss for Sunday and I've got shiteloads to do around the house and Monday, Tuesday look like it's gonna be smokin. The joys of self employment. C'mon boys inspire me or I'll surf sans crowd. Who's gonna be there?
gray

WA kneelo

Post by gray »

Carn Micko! 12 dudes have confirmed attendance so far!
I havent been this excited since Archie Gemmill scored for Scotland against Holland in the 1978 world cup!
micko

Post by micko »

Seabreeze is saying E-NE again now, was S last night. Yeah I'll be there.
gray

WA Kneelo

Post by gray »

We had a great turn out for the first WA gathering 10 guys in attendance and some choice waves on offer at Secret Harbour.Plenty of barrell action on view, nice to see! There was a fair bit of confusion in the stand up community, no one could remember the last time ever seeing such a show of kneelo strength in WA.

A big thanks to Griz who offered up some classic WA hospitality with a barbie and a beer at his place, which topped off a joy morning. Good onya!

So the Indiana kneeriders association is amped to make the next gathering in August even bigger and better.
For those who are still thinking about joining, it is happening and a lot of fun. The next club meeting is on 6 August at the Norfolk in Freo, 7:00pm. We might even fill two tables this time!
Cheers Guys. Gray
waka

Post by waka »

:D 8) Great to see guys....here is some pics my mate sent me from yesterday!My old backyard.... I used to just live down the road at Golden Bay :wink:

'Yo!

Speaking of kneelos - I went to Secret Harbour yesterday.

There are usually a couple of other cars but there was about a dozen.

I thought someone’s having a surf comp?

Turns out there was a meeting of the "Indiana Kneeboarders" - 18 in the club - they had heard of the WAKAS .

I took some photos.'

[fullalbumimg]21545[/fullalbumimg]
[fullalbumimg]21546[/fullalbumimg]
[fullalbumimg]21547[/fullalbumimg]
[fullalbumimg]21548[/fullalbumimg]

This was attached with the pics

'There were some good head high waves coming thru but when I took the photos I wasn't worried about getting a set - I just wanted to get some snaps before they pissed off - you know kneeboarders wouldn't lie about the swell?'

'I surfed for nearly 2 hours in near glassy conditions with good sets every 5 minutes & got a sore knee for my trouble - maybe that's a sign?'

Waka
Just call me 'Poppy'
Wandandian Devil
gray

WA kneelo

Post by gray »

Cheers for the images Waka, good to see someone was organised with a camera, coz I forgot to bring mine to capture the day in history!

I'd be keen to track down a few of the old WAKAS members, theres a few floating around and still ripping.

Cheers

Gray
austo

Post by austo »

Great day guys big thanks to Gray for making it happen and Griz for a top notch noche up afterwards :) ...beers before 12 are always good too :D
Looking forward to the next one :!: Oh yeah Micks spoon made an appearence too 8)
Kneelos do it deeper
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

8) 8) Great to see guys, please post up your future meets with photos - really good to see, and hats off to King 'Nat' (short for National) Waka for getting these shots up (via whoever - 'Yo' sounds like the Ecca but I know he's back over here ????). When I first read Gray's post I thought what a shame there were'nt any shots of the meet, :shock: :shock: then like the houdini that he is, the King produces the goods :D :D , man is this guy connected or what :!: :!:

Onya the Indiana Club,
Oh... and "Nat' as well,
keep it coming boys.

Cheers Wolruss
MALLEE BULL

Congrats

Post by MALLEE BULL »

Well done guys on popping your cherry it becomes addictive 8)
LOVE FIXING UP OLD BOARDS
AND STAINED GLASS WINDOWS
micko

surfing friday??

Post by micko »

Who's up for a wave on Friday? Looks like it should be good. I'm gonna hit Mindarie or The Spot.