Calling West Australian Kneelos

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

gray
Local (More than 25 post)

WA kneelo get together

Post by gray »

Gents, Lady luck was out in force today and the WA gathering is swelling in numbers.

I had a call from Bruce Hart who kindly gave me contact for 4 other WA kneelos. I've contacted Dean and Tim so far and they are keen to get on board.

I want to speak to the other guys and see if they can make it, so I propose to CANCEL tomorrows meeting at the Cott and reschedule for next week.

Given Griz has to come from Secret Harbour which is a mission, I propose that we meet in Freo to make it easier for all.

At this rate we are looking at a possible 11 or 12 so I think its worth waiting another week to get as many of us together.

Hope this suits everyone. At this point I'm thinking Wednesday 3rd at the Norfolk pub in Freo.

Cheers

Gray

And last of all there was a spike in the swell this avo and I scored some waves. I'm lovin the all day offshore
griz
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by griz »

I should have a powerful thirst by then! Some quality pits today at home.
micko

Post by micko »

Yeah Spot was good on Wednesday and OK this morning. I'm planning on an early at the Bombing Range this saturday if anyone's up for it. You need a 4wd, although I've got room for one or two in mine. North easters and 1.5m swell spells 3ft beach barrels :D
gray

WA kneeolos

Post by gray »

Hey Micko, thats a tempting offer, I'll get back to you.

No worries about the catchup, maybe next time.

List so far :

Gray
Mick Gurney
Alan Boff
Greg Griffiths (Griz) (2 people)
Aaron Potter
Rick Hardie
Tim Bray
Alex Noy
Dean Hollier (2 people)
David (2 people maybe)
Jarrod Hawkes (2 people)

Interested others include Danny Shilling and Micko.

A few people are bringing some of there contacts so its looking like 15 at this stage, which is a great response.

Meeting at Norfolk pub, Freo, 7pm Wednesday 3rd June.

If for some reason the pub is shut we'll be in the sail and anchor across the road.

Cheers

Gray
austo

Post by austo »

Spewin cant make it. (stuck in the middle of the Timor sea at the moment :roll: )get home in 3 weeks, Gray will you be posting any more gatherings here in future? if so I would like to get involved. Who said we are dying race :?: Enjoy guys

cheers

Stu
Kneelos do it deeper
gray

WA Kneelo get together

Post by gray »

Austo, I'll definately post all the future get togethers on here. When you get back PM me and I'll fill you in on whats been happening. I'm hoping that there will be something more regular coming out of next weeks get together. Everyone I've spoken to is keen, so maybe we can get WA back on the kneelo map.

cheers

gray
gray

WA kneelo gathering

Post by gray »

I had a PM from Mike who's made a good point on our get together, in that we should all give a bit of thought as to what we want out of the meeting.

Can everyone planning to come along give some consideration to this. Would you like to see a club formed, either social or competitive?, Do you only want the odd gathering / catchup for a surf? If we go down the club route would you be prepared / have the time to be involved in the running of the club? Does anyone have specific skills / knowledge of other gatherings / clubs that can help us get started?

I've done some preliminary research into starting a club if we go that route. We will need a committee, club charter with some rules of engagement, membership of surfing WA and associated liability insurances if we want to compete, bank account, council permits to set up on the beach etc etc . This would involve some financial contribution, even if its only for a beach umbrella and the cost of insurance! Oh yeah and the T shirt! haha

I am willing to put the time in to get something started, but I suspect it will need a few people involved to get it off the ground, so if you can think of what your prepared to commit to before the meeting that will be a big help.

Cheers

Gray
hart
Legend (Contribution King!)

WA club

Post by hart »

:D

This is extraordinarily positive given this post is 3? weeks old :D

If you guys can make this happen, I will support you with T-shirts that said it DID :P

:D

hart
"Mary Mary, Mother Mother,

You and me and..

God the Father.."

Richard Butler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a7TPaQV4zo
gray

wa kneelos

Post by gray »

Gents (and hopefully a lady or two),

The WA kneelo gathering is still on for Wednesday 3rd June, 7pm at the Norfolk pub in Freo.

I think I even managed to rustle up another attendee at the beach this morning!

See you all there.

Bruce, cheers for the offer on the t's much appreciated. I've had a lot of positive feedback from the rest of aussie kneelo community and I think the time is right to put WA back on the kneelo map.

Cheers

Gray
gray

WA Kneelo

Post by gray »

The Indiana Kneeriders Association was officially born in WA last night!

Thanks to all that attended, a good night and a good bunch of blokes.

We had 7 attendees and a few appologies (not bad for a wet and wintery night in Freo), so we are aiming at a membership of at least 12 - 15 people once we round up others that have shown an interest.

So the plan is to have a social surf gathering every month and a club / pub meeting every couple of months. Competition will also be thrown into the mix.

I'll post more detail as it gets sorted out.

Cheers

Gray
micko

Post by micko »

well done boys and especially you Gray, top effort mate. Keep us posted.
austo

Post by austo »

Indiana 8) ..I like it . Bummed I couldnt be there (damn that work!) but look forward to getting involved in future and putting faces to usernames. Onya Gray :wink:
Kneelos do it deeper
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Congrats to you guys, I have been watching with interest over the last month or so, a great achievement considering the distances traveled. We'll get something "national" happening soon, at this rate.
:D :D :D :D :D :D
Great to see,again congrats to you all - good initiative Gray.

Cheers Wolruss
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

From this side of the pond, I have to second Wolruss and Bruce... congratulations! :shock: 8)
waka

Post by waka »

Congrats guys, good to see things happening over West!
Hopefully you can get surf gathering happening and take turns, north and south of the river!
Theses couple of pics was sent to me the other day...Surf Beach or Secret Harbour as its now known (Griz's backyard)

[fullalbumimg]21047[/fullalbumimg]

Thats Mandurah in the background in the top pic

[fullalbumimg]21048[/fullalbumimg]

and looking back towards Warnbro/Rockingham ( where that guy got taken by the great white) apparantly Surf Beach has good banks at the moment!

Good luck fella's!!
Just call me 'Poppy'
Wandandian Devil