Bolsa Gathering

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

Ler
Legend (Contribution King!)

Bolsa Gathering

Post by Ler »

Hi Darcy, I think the forecast is looking very small Bolsa and the of SoCal for that matter. I quess it won't be fun for kneeridering, but I still plan to be down there. Maybe some sort of raffle will going on for stuff like best wave, tube, wipe out. OK more like furthest traveled and most beer drank.
Lets all pray for surf!!!!!!!!!!!and then pray some more.
mutiny

BOLSA rules

Post by mutiny »

butler and I will spend an evening burning an old kneeboard (carl hayward twin fin) and chanting to ensure surf at the gathering. If that fails then the only for sure things at the gathering will be 1. there will be alcohol and 2. butler is a gracious host. Look for the circus tent.
DarcyM

Surf sacrifice

Post by DarcyM »

We could probably dig up an old board to burn at the gathering, just to show our commitment (and insanity :P ) to the surf gods and to have something to dance around. If the surf is weak we may even have the beach to ourselves and no worries about EPA or other legal intervention.

The alcohol is a given, being that Ler is the host with the most ... but are we going to bbq? Pot luck? Or meet someplace after for grinds? I'm hanging with the parents on Friday night in OC so I'll actually be able to get up there before noon this time! woo hoo!
dm

"Push the button, Max!"
WayneK

Post by WayneK »

Hey everyone. If there are better waves at HB state beach ( south swell ) then the entry fee into Bolsa will apply to HB State Beach as well, We'll just scout it out. Communication will be important , perhaps Ler can post his cell phone # for the entire world and we can keep everyone posted.

Also post surf grinds consideration should include Super Mex very good green chile pork and the closet place that could accomodate us; and yes they serve CERVEZA FRIA.

What do ya think Tomas y Miguel? Wayne
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

OC kneelos. Sounds like you're in for another fun time! Unfortunately, I have to work next weekend so I'll miss ya. Since I grew up surfin HB and NB I would've loved to come up. Maybe next time.....
See ya! Brad
mutiny

SACRIFICE

Post by mutiny »

one board sacrificed and still no surf...hmmmm maybe a human sacrifice would do it, mark robertson? Ler? wayne koppit? devo? greg shewman? barry? John? Jeff? chuck? me? self immolation? someone please step up, theres only a few days left.
tomb
Ler

Bolsa Gathering

Post by Ler »

Hi All,
Don't look like surf will be any good. (bummer) Still plan on showing up. The highlight will be SuperMex afterwards. Good food and cold beer. If anybody needs directions to Bolsa or the SuperMex, Please let us know! Next year will plan the Bolsa Gathering during a better part of the winter. Sorry for the poor planning on my part, but I got excited to show up Penis boy and his two friends. I'll post what tower we will be at later this week. Don't waste any gas money on this one. Save for Baja or Jalama!

Ler
Ler

Bolsa Gathering

Post by Ler »

Here's the lastest!!! Tom Backer and I will check Bolsa friday morning for a surf, fiqure out the best spot and we'll post what tower on Friday. We already know the surf will be small on Saturday. I personally wouldn't travel for this event, because of lack of swell. Next year will be better planning! It's a great beach for a gathering, just not this time! Watch for details tomorrow. I do know on Saturday if you show up, just look for the HURLEY camo shade tent. God speed be with you all..
WayneK

Post by WayneK »

Mike aka Ler I'm planning on being there with my youngest daughter, Jamie (10yrs). She's the other kneeboarder in the family. Mike keep us posted. Wayne
MWROBERTSON

Bolsa

Post by MWROBERTSON »

Guys,

I have go down to La Jolla over the weekend so I will miss getting a few carves in with you all.

Danny may show up if baby permits.

Have fun......Get some for me! 8)
Ler

Bolsa Gathering

Post by Ler »

BOLSA IS FLAT.. I mean flat, 1 foot tops. I will still go down there! When you enter Bolsa turn right, I will be at the first big parking lot. Look for the Hurley tent and my white van. Might be a really good morning for the kids. I will be teaching my kids to kneeboard, if I can get them away from the PS2. If there are any questions please give me a call 714) 536-7783. Sorry about the poor planning on my part. Will get em next time.

Thanks for everything!!!!!!!
LER
DarcyM

Bolsa gathering

Post by DarcyM »

I'm heading north to Laguna tonight and will check surf along the way. It's not too promising from what I've seen on the web cams. There's a little something down here in SD, not much, but looking better as the tide drops. If it looks like it's going to be flat and high tide shut out at Bolsa tomorrow, I'll probably just head home after dinner tonight. Sorry Ler - maybe next year -- BOLSA will rise again! :)

Keeping fingers crossed that the gathering will work out for Baja and Jalama!
dm

"Push the button, Max!"
WillP
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by WillP »

I showed up around 7:45 this morning and couldn't find anyone. I checked the surf all morning and found that it pretty much sucked everywhere. Oh well maybe next time.
WayneK

Post by WayneK »

Hardly worth mentioning, BUT....... The surf was non-existant at Bolsa for the gathering. Ler, Tom B, Chuck Smith, Ed Dimmick, and myself all showed up at 6:15A and hung around until 7:15A. Tom bailed, Mike hung around and the rest of us surfed the Newport River Jetty(noth where the Newport gathering was hosted in the summer). It was a chest high south with fun shape, definitely surfable, but very crowded being the only place breaking on such a high tide. Maybe next time. :roll:
Ler

Bolsa Gathering

Post by Ler »

Hi Everybody,
Bolsa was flat! When I pulled up, I thought Jack Beresford was there. Jack it was your twin, that was good for a laugh. The dolphins started fornicating and that was cool. I played a game HORSE (basketball) with my son and he beat me. It was neat a couple people showed up, then went and surfed the R.J.'s Hope you scored. See you all another time! Photos will be posted soon. A inside joke!