P.Island comp 2009

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

wolruss
Legend (Contribution King!)

P.Island comp 2009

Post by wolruss »

:D :D Drawing closer now....looking forward to seeing old faces and some new ones and hopefully the island behaving itself this year ( and no seals with 12" bites out of them lying on the shore while you walk past to your heat :roll: :roll: ) Had some good times in the last couple of years down that way and looking forward to another good comp this year with some great surfing & good company. :) :)

Cheers Wolruss
budgie
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by budgie »

Smokin 1/2 foot size waves at the mo

Hot and great conditions
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Hey Budgie,
might bring the SUP down with those rubber gloved paddles.

Cheers Wolruss
albert

Post by albert »

Red's Coopers cup?
red

Post by red »

It's on!

(with apologies to South Park)

The Coopers Cup VI. Bring your small hands, big flippers, 2" shorter things, and leave your bad attitude at home. Let the surfing do the talking (well actually a fair bit of gabbing goes on outside the water, too).
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Bad attitude....what you talkin' 'bout bro :evil: :evil:
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

swell predictions via Swellnet & Coastwatch aren't looking good for the weekend 1 to 2 ft, hope the overnight dash, tonight, to avoid the heatwave is worth it, :lol: :lol: Hey boys get those half eaten seals out and fit them with rubber gloves & paddles and burn 'em as an offering to Huey will ya :lol: :lol: just let that fire burn slowly though we don't want a huge unsurfable wave do we.

Cheers Wolruss

See ya in a day or so
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Hey, if there isn't any wave noise to mask yer paddling, are you surfing? Also, who's wearing the battery powered heated wetsuit with the shark attracting electrical device, keep an eye on Baden will yah? :lol: :wink:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
dua anjing

Post by dua anjing »

I live in my own little world, But it's OK they know me there.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Any pics from that contest available for viewing anywhere yet?
jamie

Post by jamie »

Phillip Is 09
small surf
ugly weather for a chunk of Sunday
great effort by the contest crew, judges, and volunteers to pull down the contest site in foul weather and restart less than two hous later.
one of the best presentation dinners at a truly unique venue.
good times had with old friends and new!
congrats to the young brigade headed by Cheyne for rightly putting the cleaners thru us old farts
look out next time if there is waves - the old guys will be baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

see everyone next year!

or 2011 easter if travelling from OS
Jamie
Stanley

Post by Stanley »

Great event ....

Well done by competitors and event organizers in very trying rainy small conditions..

We were ripped off by the swell by two days, its been thumping for the last 2 days 8 to 10 ft..

Flyns and right point would be 4 to 6 ft spewing but that's the way it goes..

Great social event at Turtles good to catch up with old friends and nice to meet new people
:P :P :P :P :P
Last edited by Stanley on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
crippler
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by crippler »

great weekend hey dispite the waves congrats to the wrecky dog who`s now got a couple of those great open trophies.as for the old farts coming back i reckon its over haha the guard is changing if it hasn`t already :lol: :lol:
Stanley

Post by Stanley »

as for the old farts coming back i reckon its over haha the guard is changing if it hasn`t already

Hay crippler you cheeky swine... Kadwell wont be happy ya calling him an old fart when hes regularly teaching us a lesson... Also I hope your not classing me as a old fart ...I only feel 26 yrs old...

Congrats mate on ya 3rd place ...Stoked for ya ... And congrats to Shane for his Awesome display of power turns in sloppy crap to get his second PI tital and also to the other place getters Matty G and Albert...

2 KSV members in the Final... :P :P :P :P
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

An absolute class event, again, always enjoyable. :D :D Great to see everyone again and catch up, to get to know some you've only known previously in passing, to see how everyone jumped too in a scenario like Sunday late morning (90 deg angled rain does wonders on a judging sheet - was nearly a hang gliding event the way those marquee's took off)
The change of venue to Turtle's Rhyll Trout & Bush Tucker farm for the presentation was a master stroke - hopefully the 44 gets some dry wood next time. Still trying to talk the better half into relocating..love the place, the event & the people. Always a picture driving down the main road into Cowes.
An inspiration to see MJ's daughters stoke in kneeboarding - hats off to ya MJ - and getting one of those trophies :evil: :evil: I'm jealous....would've been great to see your girl out there too Mr Foxman, but I can't say I blame her as some...no all of us were saying "What bank was that you wanted us to paddle on to". Lots of other things to rave on about but I might save them for other little snippets to add. All in all a very positive weekend for kneeboarding and for all those that attended.

Cheers Wolruss