Rincon Classic

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

swheeler
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by swheeler »

Hi Tom Simmons, we met at Hammonds a few weeks ago. I am a SUP surfer too. Great balance, especially in SB when waves are small during the summer months. The rincon classic is postponed again. just google rincon classic for the latest news.

Hope to see you out in the water.

Steve Wheeler
Santa Barbara
big rock, class of 73
Jimbo
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Jimbo »

Steve - Hammonds???? Damn it you are killing me! Spent many hours there from 76-89 - unreal wave - tight crew......
swheeler

Post by swheeler »

early dementia I guess. I could have sworn the kneeboarder I met at hammonds had the last name of simmons. But I love little rincon. Almost as fun watching the guys shoot the pier as it is to surf it. Tempting to go over to the other side and go for those barrels, but too many close calls for me. I was out there about four times this past winter so our paths may have crossed.
big rock, class of 73
Ler

Post by Ler »

Is the kneeriding division filled yet?
swheeler

Post by swheeler »

I don't think so. so far it's just one heat, no semi final. go to the site, google rincon classic and chris keets, the event coordinator has an email address so you can find out.
big rock, class of 73