Rincon Classic results

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

swheeler
Local (More than 25 post)

Rincon Classic results

Post by swheeler »

You know you are in trouble when........ the guy you are competing against has a really nice Bud Mccray board. The Rincon classic is over and my apologies to all kneeboarders for lowering the scale and credibility of kneeboarding by competing. I would like to say it was fun, but not my gig. I did get third place, but that's because there were only three people in this division.

I now retreat into the recesses of lesser known but lesser crowded and fun surf spots.

You should all be proud of Mark Recordon and the other guy whose name I didn't get, they were tearing up the lower rivermouth.
big rock, class of 73
greg "swivel"

Post by greg "swivel" »

:D Hold Your your head up Bro,and be proud,at least you suited up and you showed up and represented....Right... and any contest at Rincon,that shutz that crowd down and you get to surf in few man heatz, well hell that beatz all! Hope you had fun! 8)
~"Be Seein Ya From The Inside Lookin Out"~
~"SWIVEL"~
~GH~
Bill F
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Bill F »

Mark won ? Cool, Mark is a good guy...I think I have surfed with mark all over the place ,for 35+ yrs or so!! The points were firing this afternoon ! One very long one, was a racetrack.
swheeler

Post by swheeler »

Felt better this eve when I paddled out to an incoming tide at Hammonds and it just got better and better and 5 guys out. Haven't had it like that in a really long time.

Wish I had seen Recordon out, he looked like he knew what to do.
big rock, class of 73
mike schmaeling

Post by mike schmaeling »

I was driving by rincon this morning at 7 am, do the quick "over the shoulder" surf check, and what do I see, a knee rider banking deep into the pit, get covered, fly out, hit the lip, sorry, :oops: I better watch the road. To the rider, thanks for the great diversion 8) to the car next to me :oops:
Bill F

Post by Bill F »

Maybe the Park Ranger, Dave Potter. He only surfs at sunrise. What a day of surf there and points south yesterday!
Hoppo

Post by Hoppo »

It WAS Dave Potter. I grew up with Dave. We talk every morning (Surf Check). Talked to him yesterday as he was suiting up. He's coming up today (afternoon) after a go out at the queen. Hoping for a go out here if the wind lays down (Not a chance), but we are planning another trip, so we will have lunch and dream. Have you checked out his boards ???? Pat (Nanabell) spelling? Has shaped Dave's boards for years. And I have had a couple of them also. I had not rode one in years and swapped boards with Dave in Mainland Mexico. I had a great time. Harder to paddle than my BLAST but really loose.
swheeler

Post by swheeler »

Cayucos. Good stuff. Is Potter the kneeboarder with the really long hair and beard tat I've seen out there over the past thirty years? Love it up there, especially that left reef/point break somewhere north of you that reminds me of big rock.

The kneeboarders in my hometown of San Diego are now using Steve Seebold, a long time shaper because Toby, if anyone knows of him, has just gotten way too expensive from what I hear.

My new board is a 6' fish replica of a Steve Lis fish I own from 35 years ago with a quad fin addition and some concave toward the front. Really fast board, but almost no rocker which makes the drops a bit tough sometimes.
big rock, class of 73
Hoppo

Post by Hoppo »

swheeler, No, Dave is from SB-Carp area. The long hair, bearded kneelo is my friend Mike O'shea who lives in Cayucos. I moved to Morro Bay about 5 years ago from Cayucos. I have lived in SLO county sense 1973. . Dave Potter and I just visit each other a lot because we have been friends sense childhood.
swheeler

Post by swheeler »

Good stuff. I still keep in touch with my friend tom wolverton, the guy who turned me on to big rock back in the early 70s. He lived in SB for about 25 years and is a really good kneeboarder. He's one of the guys that is getting a Seebold board and is really stoked.
big rock, class of 73
Bill F

Post by Bill F »

Long haired ,bearded kneeboarder at Rincon- could be about 10 different guys!!!! :lol: :lol:
swheeler

Post by swheeler »

Been going there a lot over past 28 years, but only seen a couple, then again, I am not a dawn patroller, so totally don't see that part of the population, or the weekenders.
big rock, class of 73
Bill F

Post by Bill F »

Beards are the new shaved head. Wannabeards run rampant at the Con.
JackG

Post by JackG »

Bill F wrote:Long haired ,bearded kneeboarder at Rincon- could be about 10 different guys!!!! :lol: :lol:
:-)
greg "swivel"

Post by greg "swivel" »

:shock: HaZZaRdZ :wink: 8)
~"Be Seein Ya From The Inside Lookin Out"~
~"SWIVEL"~
~GH~