start the movie!

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

stonefish
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

start the movie!

Post by stonefish »

im trying to set up a evening on the roof with movies. i have no projector or movies so im open to suggestions. i do have an open air deck above the garage at the wave observation tower.within full view of "randys right" at 25th. i would like any of the ksusa members to come over for some suds and surf flicks. ok just starting this whole thing so ...... stonefish
Mike Fernandez
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Sounds great S! I may have a few of my own in the future to show, but it will have to be off my laptop. :wink:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
stonefish

plain or buttered

Post by stonefish »

ok so far ive had some good feedback, casey or mike have the equipment to show kneerider footage. im setting up and cleaning. i can use a sheet for the screen unless someone has one. soon ill post a heads up with the date. i intend to serve beer , so use reason, if considering bringing the kids.
this will run from sometime before sunset(hopfully the surf will be good) till it becomes obvious to disperse. i dont provide parking . i dont referee, coach, or babysit and i dont give surfing lessons. i will try to sell you a pair of fins....... wot out
Casey Patelski

SURF FLICK NIGHT

Post by Casey Patelski »

I have the projector for laptop driven DVD's. I have all the Sparrow Productions Kneelo filcks and a really cool old skate flick I made in the 70's, skating down Jasmine St. Corona del Mar. Long hair and bare feet baby!
Need: Amplified sound system for the laptop sound.
COVE PADS,KneeloLab 6-0PoisonDart DeanCleary 3x Cncav Roundtail 5Fin, 6-0 PoisonDart Infinity 3x Cncav Pintail 3 Fin, Blast 5-9StubVector Swallow Quad, 5-9Vartanian Poison Dart 3x Cncav PinTail 3fin, 6-0Flashpoint DoubleBump Swallow & 5-10 WingPin 3fins.
stonefish

a day at the beach

Post by stonefish »

ok, lots of input by many friends,have things rolling. we have what we need to make this happen, i would like to thank casey of cove pads and joe and amanda taylor for the great support. many people in the lifestyle pass by the wave observation tower to check out the Stonefish Skegs shop. Tamba TV was here and shot video and played live uke music, the band Three of Us, stopped by and bummed a guitar strap the west coasts finest drummer Kelly Heard from his band Damage visits regularly. three tokyo girls stopped by to check out the new products, like the deck leaches, and leash tether chafe guards. as well as the softpad for longboard skateboard decks, go barefoot or go home! anyway....movie night is coming and ill post a heads up prior.
stonefish

cartoons?

Post by stonefish »

ok, now the wave observation tower is set with screen, projectors, seating, and dvds, im making some final clean up chores, then as the wind backs off ill pick an evening. i would like to wait for those who went south to return , maybe with some fresh video! thanks for your patience , oh yea your on your own snagging a parking place! hey i didnt design the place!
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Just wondering, does the audience include standups? I am for all folks personally. I am just curious. :wink:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

Rocky Point/Black Rock
stonefish

extra butter on that popcorn

Post by stonefish »

hi mike, all ksusa members are invited. this is a kneerider gig, there might be a longboarder coming but shes cool.............the wind swell should deposit waves in front of the wave observation tower in the morning. dig it!
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Sounds good. Is that the brunette longboard chick who surfs the Cove on a green board? She's hot, don't tell Paris. :lol: :wink:

Rocky Point/Black Rock
stonefish

weather and things

Post by stonefish »

i havnt forgotten movie night and now that im in town again it will happen soon. the bad weather and work vs surf schedule has had me busy. the Stonefish Skegs promo week at the US Open in HB was all good with many people showing interest in my fin design. please check out my site
www.stonefishskegs.com
i have a blog going that explains the design and who i am and some events at the seaside! the band Damage will play on sun labor day weekend at the Wave Observation Tower......
good waves at the point lately. Joe Taylor has been caught undercover at the peak! great to see everyone at the Oceanside icefest. my knee feels better from its drubbing at 56th,over two weeks ago, and tubes have been for the taking.