Oceanside CA Gathering April 10th

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

DarcyM
Legend (Contribution King!)

o'side

Post by DarcyM »

Damn straight someone should make sure that Tom Backer goes to Tahiti - even if it means dragging him there by his ears or stuffing him inside a board bag! He was so dialed in this weekend even though the waves that I got seemed like so much close-out mush double-bump crapola. Tom was flying doing big re-entries and throwing spray.

You know who else should be going to represent the USA? Back in black Ler himself! Down on himself or not about contests, Ler can put it together with spinner 360's in close-out mush and launching air and we know he can ride the tube like no tomorrow.

just my 2 cents.

And it was fun catching up with everyone, look forward to more of the same at Jalama.

dm
dm

"Push the button, Max!"
Jack Beresford

ler

Post by Jack Beresford »

Yeah - I had to leave a little early but I saw Ler bust some nice air on that Black Beauty board! Bro - you drinking light beer these days or what?!
Jack Beresford
Ler

oceanside

Post by Ler »

Thanks for the kind words. I don't know about no light beer. Coors Original for me, please.
mutiny

air ler

Post by mutiny »

Ler, I told you we saw that air that you busted next to the jetty, southpeak ler has a new name, Air Ler, mmmm.... sounds Irish, like usual, your flying like your driving.
tomb
Greg Little
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Greg Little »

Ler Coors original???? That is a light beer!!!! Remember ( Friends don't let friends drink FIZZY YELLOW BEER!!!!) & as for Air Ler. I'll purchase a ticket on that airline anyday.... Greg...
Greg Little

Post by Greg Little »

P.S. O'side harbor was 2/3 feet OH this morning. Peaks everywhere. Greg...
MWROBERTSON

HB

Post by MWROBERTSON »

Wayne K & I grabbed some clean 2-4ft peaks south of Brookhurst St. In Huntington early this A.M. A lot of fun but the wind started to blow around 8:30am or so.
DarcyM

gathering pics

Post by DarcyM »

I've gone through six rolls of film, two from Joel and four that Craig took with my camera. I've posted what I thought were the best of the pictures in the photo gallery, check 'em out. I've still got one more roll to develop, and will post if there's anything good.

Also planning on taking the camera to Jalama, so be sure to have your faces scrubbed and smiling! :roll:
dm

"Push the button, Max!"
Jack Beresford

photos

Post by Jack Beresford »

Darcy - thanks for posting these (and thanks to Joel and Craig for shooting them). I'm outta the water for another week with four stitches in my hand - skegged myself at Blacks on Friday. So this is all the stoke I can get for a while. I guess I'm camera boy this weekend! Any takers?
Jack Beresford
DarcyM

camera boy

Post by DarcyM »

I'll bet Blacks is firing today with this new swell. If it lasts for the weekend I'd like to make a sojurn down there on Friday or Sunday! Had some good surf at various locales Friday and Saturday this week too.

team warm-up for jalama?

go South!
dm

"Push the button, Max!"