Huntington/Newport Gathering

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

Greg Little
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Greg Little »

Barry I have a few boards and I will bring them if you like?? Finally I get to come to the RJ gathering. I'm so happy :lol:
Greg...
Jon Manss
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Jon Manss »

Barry
I've got a 5' 4" thruster that is collecting to much dust in my shop. It would be a great board for any helgy down your way. See you soon. Jon
budman
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by budman »

Well the long range forcast is calling for a series of pulses from the southern hemi that will (hopefully) bring us some fun surf for the gathering.Right now its predicting chest to shoulder high surf for the periods of August 12-14th.Lets keep our fingers crossed,its been a long flat summer so far.I better bring the blender and the famous margi recipe just in case.....

Bud
WillP

Post by WillP »

Hi Mark,

I'll try to make it the gathering. I'll be at Las Gaviotas for a week prior to the gathering, so i'll pick "The Mush Beater" and bring it along. This board is great for someone to learn on or if the waves are mushy. I'd willing to donate it if it would help get a kid stoked on kneeriding.

Bud,

It was great meeting you at the cliffs last weekend. I think you should bring the blender and the margi recipe whether there's surf or not.

Take it easy guys,

Will
budman

Post by budman »

Margi's it is Will.I will have the secret ingredients packed away in the surf utilty vehicle that morning. I will be bringing several kneeboards with me as well.
Will.send me a personal e-mail with your contact info so we can hook up for a surf along with the other KBer I met last Saturday.
Bud
DarcyM

HB/NB gathering

Post by DarcyM »

Did I read this right? Are we meeting on the SOUTH side of the river, the Newport side? Where is there parking over there? I assume you can still park on the road that parallels PCH - if it's not too crowded, that is.
dm

"Push the button, Max!"
Beeline2.0

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Beeline - Great info/directions. I tried to hook up with Ler last summer for a lunch time surf but mistakenly parked on the Newport side and, by the time I paddled out, he had to get back to work. But I did score nice 3-4 foot south waves. A really fun break.

Then I made the big mistake of trying to walk back over the bridge in bare feet...ended up with the Mother of All Blisters on the bottom of my right foot. Ouch and double ouch.
kbing since plywood days
barry

kids

Post by barry »

Hoping everyone who is planning to attend the gathering this weekend is bringing their kids and friends if they have them. We have now over 10 boards to donate to new kneelo prospects. So I hope everybody can bring someone new to give it a try.
p.s. I accidently started another forum for this gathering. check it out
Barry
bigtony

Gathering at RJ's

Post by bigtony »

Guys,
I am really looking forward to the gathering this weekend! I haven't been able to make any of them due to my travel schedule, but am always thinking about the fun you guys are having.
I will be there along with Bill Semler and a first timer who is interested in starting to kneeride.
River has been small, but really fun and the water is nice and warm!

Let me know if there is anything special needed and we will bring it?

See ya

BIG TONY
[/b]
BIG TONY
C.P.Odom

Post by C.P.Odom »

Hey guys, I am looking for riders to go from San Diego North County to the gathering. I have a large passenger van headed north early Saturday morning.

Curtis Odom
760-941-0268
curtis.odom@bdhhi.com.
barry

RJ's today

Post by barry »

Greetings, it is getting closer. The swell forecasted to show on thursday started today. It was good all morning, west peaks combined with rising south for good head high barrels with lots of spitters. Things are definately looking fun and rippable. STOKED, see you all sat morning
Barry
MWROBERTSON

HB/Newport

Post by MWROBERTSON »

Barry,

Don Harris & I may be hittin it tomorrow am. Say your prayers for surf on Sat. How about a "board burning sacrifice"? I talked to all the guys, we have food, drink, donated boards etc. It should be a great gathering!
budman

Post by budman »

I dont know if any of you are hanging around for a few days but a significant swell is due Tuesday.A few of us are going to burn a vacation day or two and hit it.If anyone is interested in a Tuesday paddle out let me know.Should be fun.Saturday is looking week as far as the waves go,but hey we should have a great group of KBer's on hand for a really fun day.
See you all Saturday
Bud
Beeline2.0

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.