British Kneelo Championships 2012

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

alexc
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

British Kneelo Championships 2012

Post by alexc »

Hi All,

Please accept my apologies for using the US site to post about a UK event. Unfortunately our site is currently down and the system administrator has been very difficult to contact. Bad timing as we were posting updates about this years British Championship.

For the British guys that use this site (or any international guys that happen to be in the area):

We are trying desperately to make the wobbly forecast work for us this weekend, either Saturday 10th or Sunday 11th.

Duncs and I will make a final call this evening so please watch this space and the club Facebook page -https://www.facebook.com/groups/291596970925/

I will post later with full details of when and where we'll meet (probably our regular Hayle McDonalds).

Cheers

Alex
alexc

Post by alexc »

Ok people,

We are going to run this on Saturday (10th November) to meet at 0900 at the McDonalds at the Hayle roundabout (just off the A30). If you're prone to getting to places late, like to chat or want to stock up on dodgy takeaways then get there early as we'll need to move on sharpish.

The Saturday forecast currently shows plenty of swell with fresh NW/W winds. Obviously can't guarantee anything but Duncs and I have three spots lined up, all of which should provide us with emptyish waves which will work through the slightly inconvenient tide times.

The weather is looking better on Saturday but it'll still be cold so please wrap up very warm & waterproof, bring loads of food and drink (no shops close to where we are thinking), and please earmark the whole day if you can.

Entry form can be downloaded here: http://www.trial-balance.co.uk/uploads/british2012.doc

If you need to call or text me then do so on this number - 07969 802687

Hope we have a good one!
analbirth
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by analbirth »

good luck boys and looks like your on a winner with the weather :roll: :lol:
once you've had black you'll never go back!!!
Kev

Post by Kev »

Yep - hope things go very well
good luck to all

kneelos in both hemispheres are going to be busy this Saturday
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

Thanks Alex, I was wondering where you guys went :wink:
Best of luck for a great event. Hope the surf cooperates and everyone has a great day :D
Jack Beresford

UK

Post by Jack Beresford »

One of these years, we need to get a group of Yanks and head over for your contest! I think it would be a hoot and I've never been to the UK so seeing London, etc. would be incredible. San Diego to London is about $700 - not to steep.
kev2o

Re: British Kneelo Championships 2012

Post by kev2o »

[quote="alexc"

Unfortunately our site is currently down and the system administrator has been very difficult to contact.[/quote]

Hi alex, l've tried to register on the site as a new user a number of times this year before it went down, but the administrator never approves my profile, kinda annoying to say the least. Good luck with the comp on the weekend, would of been good to drive down, watch and pick up some tips.
alexc

Post by alexc »

Hi Kev2o,

Yes mate the forum is a bit of a nightmare, always has been to be fair and you're not the first person to report problems trying to register or even log in. I think this period of downtime might spell the time for something new. Dunc and I are currently thinking about a new site - the focus seems to have moved away from the club to be honest. Ping me an email and I'll give you a shout when we've got something to look at callisteralex at me dot com

Jack, Brad, sounds like a good plan - always a welcome here in sunny Cornwall as there is for anybody else who's thick skinned enough to brave our tropical oceans!

Still plenty of swell predicted for this weekend. A bit of a shame about the outrageous westerly wind but we'll do our best (I suspect westerly's aren't to popular with you Cali guys either). Will post some pics up here afterwards.
mutiny

Post by mutiny »

alex dunc how did the contest go?? did you hold it and who won?
alexc

Post by alexc »

Hi Guys,

I'm sorry for the lack of update. In short, we weren't blessed with classic conditions and settled on holding the event at Porthleven, a somewhat infamous reef break in Cornwall. It was a long way from classic but we managed shoulder to head high waves in cross shore winds, gradually getting better as the day pushed on.

Excellent surfing by all and great to have a new grom and a woman entry this year.

As always you couldn't knock the teams enthusiasm and it was great to all surf together again.

Results as follows:

1) Rich Smith
2) Richard Hewett (Huey)
3) Duncan Jones
4) Me

AA Winner:

1) Mark Ashmead

There are a number of photos on our team facebook page, I'm not sure if I can link to them but here goes:

Hannah Wilson shots

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 618&type=3

Gareth John

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 926&type=1

Big thanks to everybody involved - the surfers, David George our head judge, the photographers, and also David's friend who's name escapes me but donated loads of cakes and drinks! Much appreciated.