Hueneme Beach Gathering

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

Willy Kelly
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Willy Kelly »

Hey Steve

Where and what time are you going to be at the beach . Got the Hueneme jones :twisted:

Willy
DavidW

Post by DavidW »

Let me know the date and time and I'll be there.
Steve Neal
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Steve Neal »

Hey Willy , Bob said he was coming down Saturday morning for a early session ,will probably hook up on the north side of the pier up towards the rocks around 6am. Ill PM you my cell #. And to everyone else Ill set a date next week for the gathering.
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Just to avoid any confusion... I was just in the area last weekend.
The gathering is coming up.

That said, many thanks to Steve and the rest of the P.H. crew for their hospitality! Great to hook up for a surf!

Saturday, Willi Kelly found me at the pier, and we went up to meet Steve.
Hosey Peete, Rick, Pat were already there. Six kneelos! Conditions were decent at first. Steve nailed a great barrel right away. Unfortunately, the winds got on it...

Went back on Sunday, and conditions were clean. Hosey came out, and for awhile we were the only ones getting some clean barrels. The stand-up crew came out, but it was never really crowded. Everyone knew each other, and there were good vibes flowing. Very cool crew.

However, I would NOT recommend showing up with lots of guys and attitude. It's a very tight community. Also, there's a lot of open space. Try to find your own peak.

It's a great kneelo wave. If you can, go to the gathering and enjoy!
Steve Neal

Post by Steve Neal »

Hey everyone as Bob said we had kneelos in the water last Sat. Although it did'nt last to long there were a few good waves to be had. Hosey said Bob had it by himself for about an hour before he paddled out Sun. Previous arrangments kept me out of the water that day. But I was able to paddle out Mon. early and caught some good waves. We've had a good combo in the area over the last couple of days. With that said I have asked Don if he would put a date on the calender of Sat. June 19th. Hope to see you all here.
surfhorn
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by surfhorn »

Sat June 19 sounds great. I'll be down on Thursday 17 for the Surfrider gala in Culver City. Might be abl to hang through the weekend.

Quiksilver is holding on of their Shop Challenges at Topanga also on 6/17.
Freeline is sending a team and I'm threatening to enter as the lone KBer!
kbing since plywood days
Steve Neal

Post by Steve Neal »

Hey Dan I hope you get the chance to come by. And to everyone else I hope this wasn't to short of notice . From the long range forecast it looks like there could be a small combo around this time . Hope to see some of you here.
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Steve- I think we may be leaving Santa Monica early Saturday morning. I may be able to stop off for a quick surf before we head north. Let me know time/location.

The only thing I'm worrrying about are those F-14s at Pt. Magu. My 6'0" quad is so wide that I have to keep waving off planes as they try and land on the deck of my board!
kbing since plywood days
Steve Neal

Hueneme Beach Gathering

Post by Steve Neal »

Temporarly postponed do to lack of intrest and surf . Maybe will try again another time :(