Hueneme Beach Gathering

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

Steve Neal
Local (More than 25 post)

Hueneme Beach Gathering

Post by Steve Neal »

Hey everyone were kind of out here in the middle of nowhere in Ventura County so I was just throwing this out there to see if there was any intrest. Hueneme pretty much picksup everything from the south and we have some decent eats. Id be more than happy to host a gathering here Ive been living here all my life , its uncrowded and normally really hollow.Just wondering if there might be some intrest if so Ill plan a date.
Beeline2.0
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Steve -Thanx for the offer! Most of us are always up for a surf at spots where we don't usually surf. I'm in SoCal every month and 1/2 or so.
If enough interest is generated and once a date is picked, I'll try and arrange my schedule.
Mucho thanx, again!
-Dan
kbing since plywood days
Steve Neal

Post by Steve Neal »

Hey Beeline , just a little personal preference I guess but Hueneme has always done it for me. I know what you mean about the base though ,I was raised a military brat and surfed Pelican Point through the 70's. They surf the opposite side of the point now ,what use to be called the restricted side. Until 4 years ago I worked on the CBC base for 13 years the last 2 the bases merged so Ihad the chance to surf the resricted side . Alot of good memories .
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

I'm heading to Santa Barbara this coming Thursday... returning Monday.
I'd have to hit it real early given family stuff going on. PM if you'd like to go for a surf. It's a bit of a trek... how long from Montecito to PH or Oxnard Shores? I usually don't go past Santa Clara Rivermouth...
Thx,
Bob
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Thats just a hop, skip and a jump......the swell really hits that area of Ventura well. Worth the trip as compared to surfing SB. Well, there is Hammond's Reef.....
kbing since plywood days
Willy Kelly
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Willy Kelly »

Hey Steve

I would be up for an Oxnard surf fest i surf up the way all the time. Port Huneme is the best hidden little gem i can think of, I got mind blowing tube rides south of the pier,so those of you that have never surfed Huneme should check it out ( but that is my opinion) there is about 4 miles of empty beach south of the pier and nobody really surfs there.

Peace and good wave to all

Willy 8)
mutiny

gathering

Post by mutiny »

steve i'd be into the gathering up there just set a date. If those excellent photos of hosey are any indication of the surf you guys score into up there then I'll be there for sure.
tomb
eqKneelo

Post by eqKneelo »

Count Sprocky and I in for sure.
EQ
khoningford

hueneme gathering

Post by khoningford »

I- knee mee... you- knee mee...

We- knee mee!!!

I`m in.

good surfing to ya
spidah da kneeridah
Steve Neal

about 8 miles south of River mouth

Post by Steve Neal »

Hey Bob, from all current reports it doesnt look like Thursday there will be much in the way of swell , they all indicate by late Friday early Saturday we should have some decent south.So it looks like a work week to me . Ill be out there the crack of dawn on Saturday morning though so if your around it would be great to hookup. Ill PM you my cell #. And to everyone else thanx for the intrest , will see how much more we get over the next week are so and start planning something.
Jeff Ommen

Post by Jeff Ommen »

I would also not mind making the trek up from the South and Saturday would work best for me.

Jeff
SFKneelo

Re: about 8 miles south of River mouth

Post by SFKneelo »

STEVE NEAL wrote:Hey Bob, from all current reports it doesnt look like Thursday there will be much in the way of swell , they all indicate by late Friday early Saturday we should have some decent south.So it looks like a work week to me . Ill be out there the crack of dawn on Saturday morning though so if your around it would be great to hookup. Ill PM you my cell #. And to everyone else thanx for the intrest , will see how much more we get over the next week are so and start planning something.
Got the info... thanks!
We'll be on the road Thursday... glad I won't be missing much. Looks like Friday will be better than Saturday, but I think I have both AMs available. The wind forecast looks iffy... looks like a front is coming in.
How's the water temp down there? Full suit for dawn patrol?
I'll PM my contact info as well...
Many thanks!
barry

the Port with Steve

Post by barry »

Hi Steve it was Great meeting up with you guys at Jalama. It seemed like everyone had a Blast (the times not just the winds) I will try to make it up there. I am definately interested in surfing with you and the rest of the Oxnard Crew. I would also be wanting to check it out on a mon/tues/wed soon when there is some good swell so PM me about a midweek session and I will keep watching this post for the gathering date
Barry
Steve Neal

Just in the Neighborhood

Post by Steve Neal »

Hey Jeff , I think Bobs just in the neighborhood for a few days so we might hook up for a morning session on Saturday wind permitting. It looks like the wind is going to be N/Nw at about 8 knots from the reports, Hueneme likes a N/Ne, but will do better than just about everywhere else around with that wind , other than the Base. Ill PM you some contact info your more than welcome to join us.The more Kneelos the marrier.