Gathering of the Cripples...

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

Tinso
Local (More than 25 post)

Gathering of the Cripples...

Post by Tinso »

Thinking of having a small gathering of the crippled ones next February.
So far I've pencilled in the weekend of the 15th - 16th (and would like feedback as to Saturday or Sunday)

This would be a 100% social gathering - no competition attached.
What I would like to do is get all those interested to bring along a board or three that they would be happy to share.
Line them all up on the beach for the day, and you can test-drive which ever weapon takes your fancy.
I'll chuck on a BBQ and a few refreshments, and ask only a Goldy in return to cover costs.

So far it would be at a beach in the Newcastle region, being a Novo based event and all, but totally open to anyone who might like to join us. I think it would be fun to open it to not only kneeboards, but maybe other related equipment (I've had some one ask if they can bring their old surf mat!)

So who's in???
...but I like to be different...
Casey Patelski
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Casey Patelski »

Sounds super fun... but the paddle from HB to Oz is a tad too much for me anymore.
COVE PADS,KneeloLab 6-0PoisonDart DeanCleary 3x Cncav Roundtail 5Fin, 6-0 PoisonDart Infinity 3x Cncav Pintail 3 Fin, Blast 5-9StubVector Swallow Quad, 5-9Vartanian Poison Dart 3x Cncav PinTail 3fin, 6-0Flashpoint DoubleBump Swallow & 5-10 WingPin 3fins.
wolruss
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by wolruss »

I'd make the effort if I'm not working, might time it to pick up my new Kneeon, get Nick onto it for me Tinso LOL. nah no rush on the Kneeon, Nick can take his time, it's for the Indo trip Aug/Sept next year anyway. Good luck with the gathering mate, I hope I can fit it into my now busy schedule.
Cheers Wolruss.
Tinso

Post by Tinso »

Casey Patelski, you're going soft...

Don't worry Wolruss, I'm ALWAYS onto Nick ;)
Tinso

Post by Tinso »

The Gathering of the Clans...
After around 3 years on the Comp scene, I’ve spoken to a lot of kneelo’s about what they like most of all about entering each event, and what brings them back. Not just the front runners either, but the guys who also show up to nearly every event, regardless of whether they think they have a chance of winning anything, let alone getting through their first heat! The most common theme throughout their answers usually boils down to one thing.
Surfing with other Kneelo’s.
You may have heard about an idea to just have the occasional gathering, where we can surf, talk BS, and maybe have a beer or two together as well. No comp, no schedule, no entry fee, no pressure. It’s on...
The format will be pretty loose. Show up with a board or two that you would be willing to share, lay them out on the sand, and try a few different ones out. The hardest thing about the day will be deciding which one you like the most!
Saturday 15th February will be the day (yes, around four weeks away) starting around 8am. Stockton Beach (Newcastle) will be the venue, meeting at the Griffths St carpark. If the conditions aren’t co-operating, we can easily move elsewhere. A basic BBQ will be provided (good old sausage sangers) and all facilities are close by. The caravan park at Stockton (right on the beach) has a good range of accommodation options for those interested.
It is just a gathering of like-minded individuals, not an ‘official event’, so it’s all low-key if you get the drift. Might be a good day to sell a board, or a shaper to show a few of their newest creations. Most of all, it should be fun.
Hope to see a good roll-up!
Tinso
tinso71.ct@gmail.com.
halbs

Post by halbs »

Great effort would love to be there sounds like my cup of tea -however too far - hope you have a fantastic day!
getting there is often as good as getting there
Tinso

Post by Tinso »

Come to Phillip Island instead!

Great line-up so far, and they'll all want the 30th Anniversary trophy, so the best will be at their best!
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

i'm thinking about it
once you've had black you'll never go back!!!