Surf Craft Exhibit at the Mingei Museum

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

joe
Legend (Contribution King!)

Surf Craft Exhibit at the Mingei Museum

Post by joe »

Bob and Carole invite KSUSA members for an evening at the Mingei Museum for the Surf Craft Exhibit. The exhibit included work by George Greenough, Terry Hendricks, and Steve Lis.

[fullalbumimg]33481[/fullalbumimg]
Attachments

[The extension pdf has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Mark Ramirez

Mingei

Post by Mark Ramirez »

I saw this exhibit in July and there is surf craft that is well represented by the kneeboarding community! Every 3rd Tues. of the month the exhibit is FREE. It was awesome. There are Big Rock kneeboards from Hans Newman also.
joe

Post by joe »

I am planning to attend. Who else is going? Don't forget to RSVP to Carole at carole.ravago@cox.net..
Joe Taylor
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Joe Taylor »

Amanda and I will be there
:D
Bob Gove

surf craft exhibit at the Mingei museum

Post by Bob Gove »

Looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible! Don't forget-the exhibit closes at 5. Anyone that is thinking of surfing Mexico on the weekend is welcome to pm me for details. See you Saturday afternoon!
Bob Gove

surf craft exhibit at the mingei museum

Post by Bob Gove »

The exhibit closes on Jan 11, so we decided to give you guys one last chance to come by and see it with a bunch of other kneelos the day before it closes on Saturday Jan. 10. Our last visit was well attended-about 25 people showed up and got the tour from the docent as well. For a non surfer, she was pretty well informed about the material, and enthusiastic to learn more about kneeboarding! We'll be doing the same hours-3:30 till close at 5 pm, then off to a nearby restaurant for dinner. Last time about 15 of us wound up at Jimmy Carter's mexican restaurant and had a great meal and conversation. Carole has another venue in mind for this time, so when it gets closer we'll give you more details. Hope to see you there! Call me if you need any information 858 336 6929 or email me at gove@san.rr.com
joe

Post by joe »

[fullalbumimg]33906[/fullalbumimg]
Attachments

[The extension pdf has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Bob Gove

surf craft exhibit at the mingei museum

Post by Bob Gove »

This is it-your last chance to view the one of a kind exhibit featuring many priceless boards of all types: from paipo boards, exotic hardwood longboards, to a huge collection of kneeboards including most of Terry Hendrick's unusual designs, as well as the original mold that George Greenough used to create his first spoon! We have arranged to get you into the exhibit at a discount-just tell them at the desk "I'm with the Kneelos!" and your cost is a paltry $5. Afterwards, we are planning to migrate across the street to the new Panama 66 restaurant/bar which was created by the local bar Blind Lady Alehouse, and features a large selection of local craft beers. Please RSVP to carole.ravago@cox.net. if you plan on staying afterwards to eat/drink/party so we can get a head count. Hope to see you this Saturday at the Mingei museum in Balboa Park from 3:30-5!
joe

Post by joe »

I'll be there for another visit.
I was stoked to get the Surf Craft book as a Christmas gift.