NewSurf Camp

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

budman
Local (More than 25 post)

NewSurf Camp

Post by budman »

A new surf adventure getaway is opening soon in Mexico.Partially owned by my brother,Ranchodelasolas is about an hour south of Puerto Vallerta.It is privately owned and operated and features a total private surf enviroment.The camp will offer the traveling kneeboarder everything from gourmet meals to fishing,kayaking,hoarseback riding ect ect.My brother is putting the final touches on a kneeboard only gathering and competition.I will let you all know the dates as soon as its finalized.Please check out the website,www.ranchodelasolas.
Take care
Bud
WayneK
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by WayneK »

I like the idea and that part of Mexico "esta muy bonita y la gente estan muy traquilo".
Keep us posted Wayne
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

A buddy was involved with Costa Azul: San Francisco, Nayarit. We've been down a number of times. Is the location south of the bay? I'm definitely interested in more info.
budman

Post by budman »

If you guys go to the website you will see a link for the map.We are getting together after work to finalize the kneebrothers gathering and to grab a few of these south swell crumblers that have made their way here.
I will keep everyone abreast,
If you would like you can call my brother directly as he would LOVE to share his enthusiasm with us all.
Here is the contact info.
Randy Stockstill c/o Ranchodelasolas,714-222-7705
nwdude

waves there

Post by nwdude »

went to the website - not much specific info on the waves there - one crummy picture and one that is so perfect, it makes one wonder if its taken at that spot ( ok, i'm a skeptic ! ) - are the spots open to the public or exclusive to these people ? - why a 50 min drive everyday ? - i'd be very interested in a kneelo gathering, but not one which excluded my main surfing bud, my 19 yr old son who is a footie - i've e-mailed them, but would'nt mind more info right away
nwdude

waves there

Post by nwdude »

went to the website - not much specific info on the waves there - one crummy picture and one that is so perfect, it makes one wonder if its taken at that spot ( ok, i'm a skeptic ! ) - are the spots open to the public or exclusive to these people ? - why a 50 min drive everyday ? - i'd be very interested in a kneelo gathering, but not one which excluded my main surfing bud, my 19 yr old son who is a footie - i've e-mailed them, but would'nt mind more info right away
budman

Post by budman »

nwdude,actually the picture was taken right infront of the restuarant and is indeed one of the breaks.You can stay at the camp in Hardsisded tents they have now, but until the compound is finished a lot of folks take advantage of the Party limo that takes you back and forth,free of course back to Puerto to stay at one of the hotels the camp has deals with.To me part of what makes a camp so special is the outdoors aspect.Call Randy if you have any questions.
BillL
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by BillL »

I'm going to Puerto Vallarta on the 6th of July.I just talked to Randy and he said that he would set us up to check it out while we're down there.Thanks for the info and the number ,I'll let you know how the surf and the camp is. Bill
budman

Post by budman »

Awesome Bill,Randy called me and said you two spoke,thats why this website exsists right,to get fellow kneeboarders together.Randy will take very good care of you and make sure you get your fill of empty perfection.Let me know how your expierence was when you return.See you in the line-up.
Bud
MWROBERTSON

rancho

Post by MWROBERTSON »

I recived a package from your brother on the area. It looks like a good set-up. Are they looking for investors? it looks like it will be quite the resort area.
budman

Post by budman »

Mark,the long range business model does include the selling of private homesites along some of the more primo ocean front locations.As far as your investment question goes, you would have to contact Paul or Steve Paliska who are the actual landlords.Both grew up here in Newport beach and turned a small valet parking operation into an International transportation/realestate conglomerate.Steve is a heavy heavy with Mr.Presidente Vicente Fox and often travels in his entourage.How did you think they were able to buy and not lease this prime real-estate.
Lets all plan on a boys weekend south of PV in the not to distant future.
Bud
MWROBERTSON

etc

Post by MWROBERTSON »

Yes, Keep the August gathering in mind.
budman

Post by budman »

Mark,we are definately in for the August shindig.I am bringing some classic old kneeboards.I was actually fine tuning my 1973 Jacobs Jeff Widener designed twin fin fish,mint condition for all to see.Its a beauty and I keep threatening to ride her one more time but fear I might ding her up.BTW,I just stuck a check in the mail to you for the Team USA t-shirt support effort.
Take care
Bud
MWROBERTSON

Gathering

Post by MWROBERTSON »

Awesome! I can't wait to see those vintage sticks!