Bird's Surf Shed: Kneeboard Slideshow and Celebration

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

joe
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Bird's Surf Shed: Kneeboard Slideshow and Celebration

Post by joe »

Kneeboard Surfing USA Community,

Our current Save-the-Date has an event at Bird’s Surf Shed in San Diego on Saturday, December 29, 2018 from 6:00-10:00 PM. Steen Barnes will be over from Australia presenting an interactive slide show as part of a celebration of kneeboard surfing. This event has been in the planning stages for months and should be an evening filled with great camaraderie and stoke. There will be food, music, a kneeboard display, video, kneerider legends in attendance, and a raffle to benefit KSUSA and Wildcoast. Bird anticipates a $20 admission fee which will include food, drink, and an event T-shirt. KSUSA will have a table with limited quantities of a 15th anniversary T-shirt (2003-2018) and a new run of hats available. He says you are welcome to bring an instrument for impromptu jam sessions and a kneeboard for the display if you would like to (I have a 1983 Carl Hayward Fish that I will bring).

Bird will be developing an official announcement and invitation via Eventbrite that we will make available to you when available. The purpose of this note is to make you aware of the details that we have at this time and to ask for an informal RSVP, per Bird’s request. He could easily have 200 people show up but wants the KSUSA community to have first shot at attendance. So, we are seeing how many from KSUSA would plan on attending, then Bird will know how many of his San Diego contacts he could invite. You are welcome to bring a spouse or date.

Also, we are looking for kneeboard surfing images that can be playing “in the background” on the screen throughout the evening. Per Bird, “no contest jerseys in two-foot mush,” but great images of kneeboard surfing or beautiful waves. Please send to me via http://www.wetransfer.com. My email is blyncol@cox.net. I will then combine the images into one folder that we will use.

Please “RSVP” to the KSUSA webmaster email ksusa.webmaster@gmail.com as soon as possible to help us have a general idea of who from KSUSA would like to attend. This will greatly help Bird with further planning. Then, in December, be on the lookout for another message which will include the link to the Eventbrite sign up form.

Thank you!

Brad Colwell