RJ's Gathering

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

barry
Legend (Contribution King!)

RJ's Gathering

Post by barry »

Wondering if anyone who is coming this saturday has a video camera? There has been some topics lately that address judging. Going for big turns, airs etc. I was wondering if a few people showing up want to have a type of expression session. Go big get it documented and then have some dialog as to how everyone feels it should be scored. (if you think you need scoring at all :wink: ) Just putting this out there to see if anyone is interested in challenging themselves to go a little bigger than they normaly would. If we could start to accumulate video footage that could give the kneelo community a starting point to have a judging panel that was all on the same page. Anyone else out there have any Positive feedback?
Barry
Steeno
Legend (Contribution Guru)
Legend (Contribution Guru)

Post by Steeno »

good starting point Baz, and your right in your other post, its not about picking on people styles in any way. It is about developing our knowledge of what we have and making that work for the youth of today, making it attractive to a younger audience. that age group wants to see explosive, cutting edge surfing and until kneeboard surfing realises its about the youth of our sport, not us old guys. It will continue to stay stagnant in its growth.
Guys like Kenny Stapo, Murray Weir etc are doing there 3000 bits to help the sport stay amongst our youth, and should be congratulated big time. But we still need more. Video's are a definate, video efforts like your talking about here are a must. But they have to be done with the youth in mind, explosive, on rail, cutting edge stuff......so they think its cool to be alternative and its cool to be different, just like we all know it is.
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather
Tom Linn

Post by Tom Linn »

I'm up for it. The Robertson's have some video gear I think.
Jack Beresford

video

Post by Jack Beresford »

Barry,

Jason Foster has a fancy new camera and he's been planning for weeks to come up and shoot all morning. Of course if I drive him up he's probably going to "accidentally" miss a few of your best waves!
Jack Beresford
matt cunningham
Local (More than 25 post)

Camera

Post by matt cunningham »

Jason Jack

What time are you going up? Bringing the kids? Jason I'll bribe you for a video of me on wave to prove when I'm in my dotage (not that far away really but I hear they're ona cure for Alzheimers) that yes I actually kneeboarded at one time.

Matt Cunningham
barry

kids

Post by barry »

Hoping everyone who is showing up is bringing kids and friends if they have them. Invite any extra people who might be interested in checking out kneeriding we may have over 10 boards to donate to new prospects 8) looking forward to seeing you all this Saturday
Barry
Jack Beresford

matt

Post by Jack Beresford »

Hi Matt,

No kids coming. At this point, Greg and I are going up together early. Jason will also be going early but may drive himself and stay longer.

FYI - James Mangano (of K-58 Surfboards/Kneeboards) says he's going and wants to check out what everyone is riding.

Jack
barry

saturday

Post by barry »

Things are looking good, the swell is building, bring all your boards to share design info, as well as to let the newbe's get an idea of the depth of ideas out there. see you all soon. Peace
Barry
barry

saturday

Post by barry »

Things are looking good, the swell is building, bring all your boards to share design info, as well as to let the newbe's get an idea of the depth of ideas out there. see you all soon. Peace
Barry
barry

saturday

Post by barry »

Barry
MWROBERTSON

HB

Post by MWROBERTSON »

Wow, this is getting better. Bud McCray is sending over a board to donate for our gathering tomorrow too.
Rod

Post by Rod »

Mark-did you and Don make it out there this am? I went down to check it out but it didn't look too great so I didn't go out.
Is Bud sending you the board?
Rod
MWROBERTSON

Hb

Post by MWROBERTSON »

We did go out closer to 11am. I wanted to wait for the tide to fill in a bit. I looked at it early too and passed. It was real fun later in the day. Small though. 1-3ft peaks. Don Harris, Barry B. & myself were out. Pray it gets bigger.
WayneK

Post by WayneK »

I'll be there and will be trying out my new digital still camera with water housing. Yes, one of my daughters(10yrs) will be coming as well as my wife, Diane. Even if it'small it will still be a great beach day. Come one and all! :D Wayne 8)