NORTH SHORE KNEEBOARD GATHERING 2005

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

red
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by red »

How much Vegimite will I need for 3 weeks? Will the 455gram bottle be enough or should I get the 1kg? Decisions, decisions

An ounce of Vegimite a day keeps the mosquitoes at bay.

17 days and counting
Smokin Rock

Post by Smokin Rock »

[quote="red"]
An ounce of Vegimite a day keeps the mosquitoes at bay.

and everything else as well, the ladies for example. whilst in America may i suggest peanut butter or maybe some poi. :lol: :P
"This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before." Butt-head
Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

Becs got her 235g of pure vomit :lol: (vegimite)
8 more days
Hows ya board Red :?:
Bud

Post by Bud »

I always have a supply on hand just incase any wayward Aussies get withdrawals. :lol:
red

Post by red »

So Bud when I drop by and say "Hit me" you know to go for the larder not the iron fist.

Chicks groove on Vegimite - probably where you PB and J ers got it wrong!
Last trip to the U.S. I just had to whip it out to generate squeals of excitement.

Simon,
Anxiously and excitely awaiting board appearance.
Tore the fin plugs out of my 6'0" mini gun. Swearing.
Like the look of those 3 with the trident.
Smokin Rock

Post by Smokin Rock »

Red,
when you say "whip it out" you are talking about the vegemite right? :shock:
"This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before." Butt-head
red

Post by red »

I did say excitement, not laughter!
Bud

Post by Bud »

Some info of interest to the attendees to the NSKBG 05 will soon be posted on my website's opening page.

http://WWW.BLASTHAWAII.COM

I'll be offline for a few days as I move out of the old place and into the new.

Aloha,
Bud McCray
Last edited by Bud on Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scott

Post by Scott »

I'm sure we'd all agree it would be really awesome if the attendees at the Gathering who have some sort of internet access (laptop, going to the internet cafes, hotel room, etc.) would drop a semi-regular post of the highlites it would be fantastic for all the rest of us around the world. The first guy in starts a new thread and then the rest can follow.

Make us weep with envy, like a good surf story should!
Cripple Crusader
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Cripple Crusader »

Don,

Could you set up a NSG05 photo album?? (hopefully with a direct link from the front page as generally can't get into album.php where all the albums link from)

Am taking the camera with 500m lens and wife attached to the shutter button :twisted: to get as much of the action recorded as possible!!! Hopefully be able to post a selection from the NS.

Waiting to get there is worse than waiting for Xmas as a 5yr old!!!!

Peter
On your knees, if you please
Chris Buscemi

Two weeks left for me...

Post by Chris Buscemi »

The waves looked good yesterday on the North Shore and it looks like there will be surf right into the first of the month. Can't wait to get there. Thanks Bud for hosting this year's gathering once again. The stoke is up here: time to really crank up the swimming routine, re-check the gear, pack and re-pack, watch The Sparrow Has Landed at least twice a day, and mentally prepare for what the North Shore has to offer. See you all there on the 9th. Here's a link to the wetsand.com Hawaii 7 day forecast.

http://www.wetsand.com/swellwatch/swell ... ?CatId=839
kevin
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by kevin »

Put Laurie and myself down for the NS Gathering. We're going to be in Kauai from 2/1 - 2/9 so that I can surf off some of this winter fat that has mysteriously appeared around my waist, then onto Oahu from 2/10 - 2/18. We're staying at the Turtle Bay Resort . I'll bring a laptop and dig. cam. to upload pics of the crew getting slotted, etc. oh,Yeah.

Looking forward to seeing some knarly kneeboarding.

Kevin
Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

Hey everyone :D
Just got off the phone & its official Baden Smith(current world champ) is coming to the NSG.
He is flying into town on the 19th of Feb & staying until the 1st of march.
Its amazing what constant harrassment can do :twisted:
Bud, thanks for the update & the wise words, I didnt think I could get any more excited until I read that :D
Another huge thanks for your help George Blair :!: you know what I mean.
5 days to go.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
RW

Post by RW »

Hope to see some of you heroes back home on Oahu in a few weeks...where only the surf does all the talkin'. Glad to observe more KneeBoarders are finally willing to take their act to the Main Arena. It's about time.

Be safe, surf smart, spend a lot of time watching before rushing out like Superman. You will not lose face if you don't paddle out....remember, it is not your home break and you seriously have everything to lose with just one instance of poor judgement.

Island Surf will humiliate you in the blink of an eye, not to mention destroy your confidence with even the smallest of miscalculations. Just keep in mind that the surf always wins. Just ask those who've attended the last two seasons for the first time.

Be willing to learn from observation.

Pay close attention to the insight you will recieve from those with long experience in the Country.

Bring the right equipment. Boards made for your local break will severly handicap you and add to the already high inherant risk factor.

Know your limits and stay within them.

When in doubt...don't paddle out.

All this poseur challenge crap floating around sounds good on the blue screen...but get real man.....it can lead to harm for those not experienced in the conditons and the power they will find at the foot of Bud's property. Cameras have a way of making people do stupid things...don't be one of them. Ignore the temptation, stay focused with common sense and each of you will have an experience of a lifetime.

Hawaiian surf does all the talking, and it always has the last word....but then many of you are destined to find that out in one way, shape, or form pretty soon.

Building stature here is a long term process for many reasons....all of them dictated by the Surf.

I'm happy to see the International KneeRiding Community slowly maturing and at long last willing to make a collective show of determination on the North Shore of Oahu.

Better late....than never.

All I gotta ask is.....what the hell took everyone soo long?

8)

RW