guess hows goin to phillip island comp?

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

scoop
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by scoop »

Red
just booked a flight and car from thursday night

any tips on accomodation etc?????

tony
Love that "greenroom" feeling...(don't panic I finally found it)..... good ole' winki on a good day
red

Post by red »

Hey Tony,

We've stayed at the Newhaven Caravan Park. THis also has cabins and is nice for the kids - safe and lots of place to run around. It's closest to Wooly and the PI boardriders (about 5 min drive) and a walk over the bridge from the restuarants at San Remo.

There are a ton of places is Cowes (where the draw is held). Cowes is about 20 min from Wooly (most likely contest venue) and has restuarants and shops.

There is an info place as you come onto the island (500m past the Islandis surf shop). They will have info on a range of places. I don't think there is motor racing that weekend, so there should lots available accomodation.
Here's one link to accomodation: http://www.phillipislandcircuit.com.au/welcome.html (Via "information" link)

Some of the guys that live on the island may have better input?
john -

Post by john - »

My sisters have arranged my old man's 80th birthday in Port Macquarie which is of course "great"

however its 2 weeks after PI which counts us out of the Island trip unless the gods of wealth suddenly provide a windfall of $$$ to cover both trips

theres always next year -

dorje

at least there will be a few days of warm water surfing up north :)
merely labled
scoop

Post by scoop »

dorge

I have a car...willing to share expenses...can bring a tent and /or hammock
are you far from the airport????????
Im not in melbourne till after 8 on thursday night so will prolly stay over till the morn
any other offers are welcome from others?????

Tony
Love that "greenroom" feeling...(don't panic I finally found it)..... good ole' winki on a good day
john -

Post by john - »

thanks Scoop

time poor as well - have to work on the Friday as im taken time off to go up to port Macquarie - however, the mrs has just done the economics of what will happen next year when she is back ay work and the joy of a dual income kicks in - "penguins at PI" look out - my kids are commin!!! I will be surfing better as well as that will be 2 whole years of living on the coast

:lol:

cheers again

dorje
merely labled
red

Post by red »

dorje
get on the ferry sat morning
I'm sure one of the Peninsula blokes will pick you up from Portsea and drag you around to the island
Bring sleeping bag and we'll try to set you up on someone's floor
Penguin eggs make good (if somewhat fishy) omlette for breaky
PM me for further discussion
otherwise we'll just have to visit you before Nov 19th

Tony
May be able to save you car rental and a few bob. We'll discuss options at Cronulla.
scoop

Post by scoop »

no probs red

i've never been to the island before so am a bit green
will need som coaching on the place

tony
OOK
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by OOK »

Thanks for the invite Red
just got back from Mentawais
Dorje you are most welcome to stay at my joint if you want.
My missus also rents out a beach house just near forrest Caves (plug) fair way to walk home from the pub though (unplug) I did it one night wearing those masseur sandals and I haven't worn them since.
DG
john -

Post by john - »

Thanks ook

Juliana and I road the wave of generous kneelo spirit and decided that "yeah" we'd be there....then the next wave of life broke out back and swamped us again, so no...not even me on my own

but thats cool - we are still in organisation mode after the move to the coast and the birth of kid two

next year rain hail or shine and im keepin a non doc certified sickie up my sleave for red's skins on the friday.

and if anybody happens to be around the Bellarine peninsula try Bancoora at Bremlea Beach at half tide when theres a 3 to 6 ft swell - no smaller than 3ft - just started surfing here lately - takes a north and has a tube - finally ive found a tube wave to get some prac on - its in a sorta of outa the way location but near a popular long boarder wave - which keeps them away - its a quality wave and ive been hearing some tall stories about when its solid six ft
merely labled
scoop

Post by scoop »

well Timo make sure you pack the laptop so you can keep in touch

Tony
john -

Post by john - »

TIMO

see you then!
merely labled
albert

Post by albert »

Countdown to Red's Coopers Cup!!!!