BIG SUR 2005!

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

Jon Manss
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Jon Manss »

Some one has got to be the one to here, "Man you really missed it , You should have been here yesterday. And that was me on friday night as I arrived. And they had pics and video to prove it. So I drowned my sorrows in Salmon, thank you Wessley, Awesome, and got to meet some new bros. Nice to meet Jack, Jonathan, Paul, Mike, and Mark. It is always fun to get the crew together and we did have fun surfing both Willow Creek, and Sand dollar. My favorite moment was introducing to big time posters. I brought Dan up to where Rob was standing at Willow Creek. I asked Rob if he new this guy and he replyed no They exchanged hand shakes and names. But I said no, Surfhorn meet Beeline. I left them beaming as if they just met an old friend. And they had.
ScottMac

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
HALFMANRIPS/MIKE GARRETT
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

GREAT TIMES !!

Post by HALFMANRIPS/MIKE GARRETT »

:P THANK'S BROTHER SCOTT :P
I NEEDED THIS GATHERING BAD. NEEDED TO KNOW I STILL CAN SURF AFTER JALAMA.

THANK'S BROTHER BARRY FOR REMINDING ME I NEED TO GET IN SHAPE TO KEEP UP WITH YOU :evil:

ALSO A SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL YOU FRIGIN RACOONS :twisted: FOR KEEPING ME UP CHASING YOU AROUND ALL NIGHT.

GREAT SURF / FOOD / FRIENDS OLD & NEW :lol:

LUV YA"ALL ( MIKE & CATHY & MOLLY)
mutiny

Post by mutiny »

Many Thanks to Scott Macdonald for bringing us all together in such a pristine setting. It was great to meet and surf with some of the norcal kneelos and hook up with friends. I believe kneelos attended from as far south as san diego (Mark) to humbolt (willy and wessly) and as far east as yosemite ( mike and his lovely wife)
The BBQ on sat. night was killer unfortunately all that tryptophan made everyone go to sleep early, thanks jon and nora :roll: :D

I know barry and scott wessling scored that secret spot :twisted: while Manss me Sharkbait and Dr. Strange duckdived for an hour or two at sand dollar! alright, Manss, sharkbait and the dr. were getting good waves, maybe it was just me duckdiving 20 waves in a row on the inside!

And to Beeline, next time lets go up together I'll remind you not to forget anything :shock:

tom b.
Last edited by mutiny on Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
DrStrange

Post by DrStrange »

Manss me Sharkbait and Dr. Strange duckdived for an hour or two at sand dollar! alright, Manss, sharkbait and the dr. were getting good waves, maybe it was just me duckdiving 20 waves in a row on the inside!
I though that was only me duckdiving inside trying to get thru the inner sandbar dumpers.

All comments above I second. Great fun in every way!
DarcyM

Ohmigod

Post by DarcyM »

A few days away from the internet and there's 226 posts that I haven't read yet! You guys gotta pace yourselves! Information overload!

First off thanks to ScottyMac for putting together a class gathering at some killer surf spots with gorgeous weather to boot and some very nice waves as well. And thanks to Jon & Nora and Wesley and everyone who brought so much food that all the food I brought is now back in my refrigerator! A couple of great feasts on Friday and Saturday night, those who left early missed the Manss' superb smoked turkey and all the other dishes were a true gourmet's delight. The waves at Willow Creek were another kind of gourmet -- stay tuned I'll be posting some pictures soon.

Even though I didn't get to surf, the dogs had a really great time running the Big Sur beaches and chasing raccoons at midnight, and I think they'll be sleeping it off for the next 4 days. I got lots of great pictures on Friday and a few on Saturday as I was limping around trying to catch up to all of you early risers. The camping was lovely and so far I'm clear of any poison oak rashes ... :!: Thanks to everyone for putting up with the crazy mutts and me! It was great seeing you all and catching up.

dm
dm

"Push the button, Max!"
sharkbait
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by sharkbait »

Add my thanks to all the above--what a warm, generous group of people you are! I've felt high and happy for days. Thank you, esp. Scott for making it happen.

Personal highlights...

--Conversing w/ doc. strange, on the drive there and back. The three hours whizzed by like thirty minutes...

--Finally matching faces and real live 3-D people to those nutty posts. Some surprises, comparing what I imagined people looked like to how they really were. Case in point: Beeline. Somehow I just didn't expect the clean-cut, youthful, rather suave fellow he turned out to be...

--Spending time with folks and seeing more facets to their personalities. I'm thinking, at this moment, of the sight of HALFMAN RIPS/MIKE GARRETT, relaxing after another amazing dinner in his folding chair, gently stroking his and Cathy's super-cute mini dachshund (MOLLY), who was snoozing blissfully in his lap...

(I believe he was talking about shootin' and killin' stuff with his gun at the time :P )

--The totality of Barry and Jody's groovy trip: hammock, vintage VW van, youth/beauty and last but not least star power in the water...

--and while on the subject, the realization that while I was happily splashing in the small surf, he and Scott W. were having a very different experience up the coast. Trippy. So strange that it was SO MUCH bigger there. The amazing ocean.

Anyhow, thanks again, and oh yeah--thanks Will K. for the go out on your board. Very enlightening. What a pleasure to meet you all. Definitely gotta do it next year!

Jonathan