"NOW & THEN" Simon Farrer Kneelo Premiere

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

Ler
Legend (Contribution King!)

PREMERE

Post by Ler »

Can there be a premiere of Simon's movie at the Santa Cruz Contest and Festival Nov. 18,19, or 20????? That would be nice.

Ler
albert

Post by albert »

Last night when Steen and I were skating he got a call from someone that heard about the premiere on the radio... Steen was doing some of the promotion for it but he never would have guessed that people would start calling him asking him about it...

Should be a damm good night.
Steeno
Legend (Contribution Guru)

Post by Steeno »

if your keen to stay over night, the bouy charts are saying some of our locals may be on fire for the early saturday morning. this is one of them.

http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather
geetee
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by geetee »

hope the premiere goes well for you guys. I would love to be there but I am going to Crescent for the weekend to catch a few up that way.
Just surf
farbz
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by farbz »

G'day Steen , I can't make it on Friday night but I will be heading down the coast on Saturday morning. Im going to that "A day on the Green " wine and music festival at Coolangatta on Saturday arvo. We are staying at Gerringong and my mate and I are heading down early before the two wheelers to have a surf.
Might see ya's in the water.
I don't know Wollongong very well , is that beach the one sort of near the footy field?
Steeno

Post by Steeno »

yes ad, but just down the beach south a little shhh!

dad
coach
godfather
scoop

Post by scoop »

steen

looks like I will be there maybe drag Clingan too
is your floor still available
would love a peaky early surf... to cap it off
let me know

Tony
Love that "greenroom" feeling...(don't panic I finally found it)..... good ole' winki on a good day
Steeno

Post by Steeno »

No worries Tony, plenty of lounges to crash on
give me a ring

check you PM

dad
coach
godfather
Don
Admin

Now & Then - US Premiere at the Santa Cruz Festival...

Post by Don »

All,

Just spoke to Simon. KSUSA will be the US distributor for the new Simon Video - Now & Then. Initial sales will be cash sales at the Santa Cruz event. Details will follow for ordering after the comp (most likely PayPal).

It's been an extremely arduous event putting this video together and we're pleased to have it available to the US timed with our Santa Cruz Kneeboard Festival. Simon is a star and his long awaited efforts are sure to be a crowd pleaser!

If you haven't signed up for the comp there's still time. If you don't want to enter in the comp but just want to come by for the premiere it will show on Thursday November 18 at Margaritaville in Capitola.

We are working out the logistics but plan on the first US showing at 7:00 PM. We will have 75 copies of the DVD and a handful of VHS for sale (pricing will be forth coming in the next day).

KSUSA will handle all US sales (check w/ Bud McCray for Hawaii and the island areas... Simon is still working out distribution details internationally).

Our initial shipment will be 75 copies and a handful of VHS.

Just another reason NOT to miss Santa Cruz in a couple weeks!

Oh yeah... and here was the surf report for my local beach today. I paddled out this afernoon with stiff offshores and caught 8 waves until a bomb of a set wave broke literally on my head and broke my leash! Longest swim in I've ever had. No 8'0" for me... only my 5'10 fish :mrgreen:

Fall is DEFINTELY here!
Thursday 11-4-04 at 7:25 AM PST
This morning was made for every one of us who's ever complained, "Man, I wish the waves were bigger!" Well, today's your day! Surf conditions are good, but there will be few takers at the biggest spots this morning because the surf is BIG- solid 3X's overhead. Plus, the lips are pitching out top to bottom on many waves. It looks like a meaty, mean swell. To add more salsa to an already spicy burrito, the waves look stacked up- very consistent, many waves in each set, and the waves are close together. So even if you make it out, which is looking doubtful at the moment, the drops look very challenging. This is experts/crazies-only territory, 8'0"s or no goes, bowel stimulating surf. Be careful. The weather is partly cloudy and cold at the coast.
Don Harris
Ben B.

Post by Ben B. »

Will there be a distribution for the central coast or are we part of sydney. :)
Xmas

Post by Xmas »

Fortunate enough to attend the premiere of "Now and Then" tonite. Let me tell u it is well worth the wait. Came home and watched my newly purchased copy. I just want to go surfing!!!!!!!!!!! Problem is that's 1am. Only 5 hours to sunrise... 8)

Get your hands on a copy ASAP - 10/10. :D :D :D :D :D
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Xmas - Maybe Santa will bring you a head lamp this year for some nite sessions.
kbing since plywood days
Xmas

Post by Xmas »

Yes Surfhorn - and I've spoken to one of the elves about a pair of waterproof nite vision googles.

Go to go and watch and the movie again..............
Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

First of all I'd like to thank and congratulate Steen for organising such a great night. The place was rocking especially when Steen joined the band on the bongo's 8)
Heaps of new & old faces all having a few beers & plenty of laughs & cheers! :D at a great location.
Bec & I were very flattered with the kind words & feed back about the video.
If you read this Tony (Scoop) if you got any good photos would love to see them. I will send you a photo of Steen you & I.
Maybe try & get a couple of shots up on this page?
I wouldn't have a clue how to do it :?
Steeno a photo is coming your way.
Xmas, glad you enjoyed it & hope you got that surf this morning.
See you at the Island
To every one else who is wondering how to get a copy & have not yet received any info here it is!

It's that time again & because you supported the movie, The Sparrow Has Landed & Friends, we want you to be the first to know that the next long awaited DVD by Simon Farrer, The Sparrow "Now and Then", is now available to purchase!!

Featuring Simon, Steen, Nov, Parksey, Kyle, The Simpson Brothers, Dean, Albert and the late Peter Crawford plus more. The Sparrow "Now and Then" is a combination of what's happening "Now" in the world of kneeboarding and visits the past, "Then" with some classic footage of the 70's and 80's. Supported with music from the beautiful girls, FORH, Lowride, The Next, 4Tune and Square Roots & the Pleasure Point Horns.

So order now and view 55 minutes of the latest video available.

Ordering details

For ordering details, please contact these addresses below as the videos will be available in these countries.

US/Canada/Puerto Rico - Don Harris dharris@ksusa.org
Hawaii - Buddy McCray mccraya001@hawaii.rr.com
Japan/Asia - Michael Boyce mike@surfquest.jp
UK/Europe - Tony Bonner tony.bonner1@btconnect.com.
Australia/all other areas - Simon & Bec Farrer farrer@optusnet.com.au

To order a copy within Australia

Payment by Australian Postal Money Orders only, made out to either Simon Farrer or Rebecca Farrer, to be sent along with your name and address written clearly please to the following address.

18 Heron Place
Shellharbour NSW 2529

DVD $38.00 plus $5.00 postage & handling
VHS $35.00 plus $5.00 postage & handling
* Please note, if ordering the DVD please make sure that your DVD player is compatible with DVD-R.
95% of all DVD players are now compatible though some of the older players may not, this is as per our duplication facilities.

If unsure please feel free to contact us at farrer@optusnet.com.au .
Ph. 02 42 96 8684
Simon's mobile : 0408 460 668

Thanks again for your support!

Simon
Steeno

Post by Steeno »

It was awesome to see Legend Surf Photographer from the 80's Mick McCormack turn up to support the kneelo's, plus all the old school locals that came out of the woodwork. We also had three olympians in the lounge bar at the start, aswell, plus australian pro boxer Shannon Taylor

no need to thank me mate, the guys at the Suga Lounge did all the work, but thanks anyhow....It was a fun night....send me those pics and I will re-size and postem for ya. We partied on for a while after the lounge bar back at my place, where I had to save Tony from getting his ear chewed off by one of my girlfriends. funny.
Then we got up this morning, Mark McLeod, Scoop, Myself and Chayne Simpson and went and surfed some great waves at one of my locals (actually the one pictured in this forum) in pristine clean conditions. A nice cap to the 24 hours.

congratulations to you and bec :D seeya down the Island, will ring ya when I get down there

Me, Simon and Tony
on the bongos

dad
coach
godfather