ASP drops LongBoard tour

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

Greg Little
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Greg Little »

I couldn't have said it any better!! Red you hit the nail on the head. THANKS.
And Darcy, as for Blue Crush the movie. I think its funny that hollywood used MEN with wigs, to show the general public how so called model type women can surf. It all a JOKE, so they can pocket some cash.
Greg....
surfhorn
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by surfhorn »

And I thought those 9'0" boards were just tandem kneeboards.........
kbing since plywood days
ross

Post by ross »

its hard not to be negative with this subject.
i'll ride a long board when its under two feet to avoid doing housework(my lawns are a foot high and the neighbours hate me.its not my fault they've got nothing better to do than manicure their yards :twisted: ).
but to be honest i couldnt give a toss if the longboard tour fell off the face of the earth.i wager you'd be lucky to find a longboarder who gave a fig about kneeboarders(and anyone else who has taken off inside them).
as kneeboarders we have our own house to keep clean.and things like this site are the way forward.
when i was a kid my old man said something wise to me after i'd been beating my chest about some pathetic shampoo tube i thought i'd gotten
"son there's no need to talk up your surfing ability.far cooler to shut your mouth and if your good enough,other people will do the talking up for you
"
trying to pander to the requirements of the asp or the surf media is futile for any style of surfing outside the shortboard realm.
we already know this and longboarders are about to find out 8)
its not going to affect my wave count if a few pro surfers have to got to work like the rest of us.you can hardly feel sorry for them,they should feel privileged to have had a time in their lives when they lived their dream
grot
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by grot »

Right on Red, I honestly think we can't get it much better at the moment, the vibe we all got out of the Coffs weekend just can't be bought with any amount of money or mainstream sponsorship. My only dream for our future is to see an influx of grommies, then I'll drift away a happy old kneelo :D

ps
What bigger critic than a 16 year old teenager and mine says the kneelo's are the coolest bunch of misfits she knows.
8)
grot
Beeline2.0

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eqKneelo

Post by eqKneelo »

A home run ROSS.
Perfectly stated and realized.
EQ
MWROBERTSON

Post by MWROBERTSON »

Wow, this is great! So many of you see what I see. It appears that we love the hardcore/underground movement that Kb'ers have always had. Do we honestly even want to be asociated with the "Big surf Machines"?
Do we want them to define what's valid and what's not? We have always carved our own path!

At this point in time, with all the commericalism, I feel more proud than ever to be involved in something that we all do purely for the joy of it!

It's great what we have going on here. So many of you that I talk to just want top get back to the roots of your surfing....riding/ripping waves.

We and a few other forms of wave riding are the last bastion of "true soul"!
Ler

CONTEST

Post by Ler »

I'm glad the kneelo is underground, but are we? We are planning a big hoop de do in 2006, in U.S. soil. It seems like we want the underground scene and contests and everything in between. I don't think any contest kneelo would pass on sponsorship from the surf industry. I know back in the day, I would have taken it. Just a slight twist. If mainstream wanted the kneelo in there contest would we impress them or tell em to get lost? Maybe I'm thinking to hard.

Ler
ScottMac

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

I see the 2006 Worlds as just one big 'ol KB Gathering...not a glitzy, neon-painted ASP-like circus. I can't wait to cook spaghetti with clams for 350 people!

We can add a new, anti-commericalism rule: all KBs have to be painted flat black....we'll leave that area of expertise to Ler!
kbing since plywood days
Jack Beresford

Ler

Post by Jack Beresford »

Ler has a good point. I'd jump at the chance to surf a few KB heats at Lowers (or even HB) as part of a special demo at a pro contest - not that anyone's asking.

Kneeriding is way too pure to be compromised.
ScottMac

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ler

CLOSE OUTS

Post by Ler »

I could surf close outs all day, but for way different reason. Funny stuff.

Mike
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

I went down to 26Ave for the first International Beach Day. Besides picking up a bit of trash, I was able to watch a KBer surfing good waves and then pulling into 4'-5' close out barrels on the inside. The KBer was getting all the set waves and did the KB community proud;

He was pulling into close-out barrels for the right reason.
kbing since plywood days
strudle

Post by strudle »

Close out barrels are great! :twisted: You almost never get barrels that are clean and makeable at my local, so when it is tubing, it's almost always a close out. Just to get the feel of a real tube I pull in and just before being crushed, dive through the back. Must look like a killing from the shore, but I usually get through the back of the wave before being totally trashed. :D