World Titles 06 - Guys who should be there .

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

wino
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by wino »

Steen, that is a bummer!!! I was looking forward to cathing up with you next winter. However, I know about being in business for ones self. Come visit us during our prime time before or after you get swamped with work. You don't need the contest as an excuse, bill it as a drapery research trip.
The welcome mat is always out,
Dave.
john -
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by john - »

martinmurph wrote:
dorje wrote:Nice work Jamie

We all surfed his boards in the early to late eighties and my biggest wave session ever was on a strapper. Scoop deck turpo finned gems
dorje,

please forgive my ignorance, can you describe a strapper for me? Do you have any photos?
MM...
scoop deck inspired by spoon... but foam/fibreglass...subtle but noticable scoop planned out of deck.....ended back from the nose and under the shins, then regular tail...mine was a swallow for memory....turbo fins were slightly curved...an old friend i think has one in his shed , i dont think he surfs anymore so i should call him up at Christmas...good for historical and interest purposes
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

John Mel at Freeline was building KBs with scooped decks back in the 1960's. My first Freeline was a little 5'0" twin with a tail that was the predecessor of the swallow/fish tail. It had a scooped out deck from about18" from nose on out to a flat, normal deck at the tail.

We used to also scoop out decks and glue in a camping mat so the mat would be flush with the deck of the KB.
kbing since plywood days
Beeline2.0

Post by Beeline2.0 »

l..
Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frencho
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by frencho »

Puerto Rican Crew:

Albert Muñoz
Amilcar Rivera
Chief
Jose "Camello" Maldonado
Ivan Flores
Rex Roettger
Carlos "El Pollo" Banuchi
ivandill

te falto el chino

Post by ivandill »

Te falto Mr el Rollo Chino Arengo

nos vemos
VANCHEE
frencho

Post by frencho »

Ramon "Chino" Orengo definitely has to be on that list.
red

Post by red »

Pete Fairweather from the Peninsula
Big man, big heart - absolutely rips

Di Stasio surfs the Surfing Victoria state rounds. He got 4th at the last state titles - still rippin'
Steeno
Legend (Contribution Guru)

Post by Steeno »

how could i forget peter fairweather,........the man surfs solid....I'll second that
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather
ross

Post by ross »

hey people,
before i get into it i'd like to say i'm quite happy to attend the worlds as some sort of drinks biatch/kneelo groupie/wierdo clingon :shock: .as i'm planning on being over there anyway but;
i was just trawling through the KSA site and happened to notice world title eligability requirements for Australians.
as i understand,anyone who has failed to enter the 05' PI contest is already out of the running.have i read this correctly? and if two contests must be surfed for eligability,is Coffs harbour not to be included?
how big are the allocated numbers for the Australian team?and how well must you surf to get the nod?
i do remember the two contest rule being implemented in order to ensure healthier attendance at the major yearly contests and maybe discourage nobodys from grabbing a kneeboard and entering.fair enough i say 8) .
after reading through the names above i wondered if maybe their could be a peer poll of sorts so that the surfers themselves could nominate a couple of wild cards for each countries team.even if the nominated surfer is unable to attend it would be an honour for them to have been considered.
something like this might give the WA,Tassie and south Oz guys a look in to :wink:

curious Ross :?

PS a couple more names for the list ; Phil Aurthur from Nubeena Tasmania.those of you unfamiliar with Phil check out Wandejar the Brendon Margo movie(billabong)at the end of the movie you'll see Phil surfing some sick right points that you'll never surf :twisted:
and that WA bloke who sent the shots of himself surfing ulu last year on the yellow flashpoint belting lips.always room for that type of surfing in a worlds contest eh?maybe bruce can identify him?
crox

Post by crox »

Hi Ross

That's Alex Noye......& he grew up surfing the same breaks as me here in Cornwall....[& is missed by the local kneelos] I'm just waiting to hear from him 'cos I asked if he would like to surf for the British team....he did a few contests here before he went to Oz.
I heard via someone who had just spoken to his brother he was keen to go...but I'll wait till I hear from him before confirming!
Steeno

Post by Steeno »

hi ross
that rule has been running for quite a few years now, and i dont think its really that fair. If your from any other country, you can just enter the world titles, go compete, have some fun and catch up with some mates. But if your from Australia, you have to compete in at least two comps..your where correct in your reading Ross.
There is 3 comps between now and US worlds, Bendalong, Coffs, Phillip Isl. So still time if you want to go that way.
Although, I know of an aussie who has attended the last 2 world titles and competed, but had not competed in any Australian comps.
I personally think the world kneeboard titles should be open to any one who wants to enter and restrictions shouldn't be put on Aussies :idea: :wink:

hey crox
strangely enough, Alex emailed me today....he has a baby due shortly
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather
crox

Post by crox »

Thanks for the good news Steen....perhaps that's why I haven't heard from him!
Did he mention the world titles?
Iñigo

Post by Iñigo »

world kneeboard titles should be open to any one who wants to enter and restrictions shouldn't be put on Aussies

I agree with it, restrictions should come once the number of participants overpass the workable number for the contest
red

Post by red »

with no restrictions on entries, possibly there is room for a "social world champ" who completes the decathon of social events at the worlds with the most class.

Possible events:
Baby kissing (strictly political style, not twisted)
Amenability with non kneeboarders
the depraved alcohol and drug triathalon (not that we could officially condone THAT one!)
transportation genius
the helping hand
most new friends...

Of course judging by peer vote

Darn, if Steen was going he might win both the worlds and the social worlds
Mind you, I think there are a few kneeboarders who would be strong contenders for both. Jamie, I think you need to work on a second list!