Hands On Rail

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

matt holzman da kauai boy
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by matt holzman da kauai boy »

So now the juges can't respect our
style?.... :evil:
Get Wet Stay Wet!!
Dave Lindsey

Post by Dave Lindsey »

Rail grabbing was just a natural style when I started kneeboarding back in '69. The first time I saw a K'ber NOT grabbing was watching a video clip in a surf shop near Margarette River, WA. The guy was ripping, but it seemed unusual to me. Since that time ('89), I've adapted a "dual style". Grab when you want to, don't when you don't. I was really suprised to see it be a point of contention when I started surfing this web-site. I truely didn't think that such a small issue would seperate people of such a strong bond. Having said that, I was also suprised to see a kneeboard with a round tail (fishman)! :oops:
"Plugs"
Beeline2.0
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dave Lindsey

Post by Dave Lindsey »

Boy, that plank really does get in your way, doesn't it :lol:
"Plugs"
ross

Post by ross »

had a chuckle the other day.
i sent those shots i've posted for you guys the other day to my father in-law, in his younger years he was also a kneelo(mid 70's).
he particularly liked the bottom turn shot.

the first thing he said to me was,

"mate don't you reckon you coulda cranked that turn a little harder if you grabbed your rail?" :D :lol: 8)

i had a chuckle and explained the amount of contraversy that kind of talk can ignite.

man if this topic goes on any longer, i'm going to start thinking some people have got their hands on something else besides their rail :lol:

how cool is this- i'm a kneelo,my dads a kneelo and my father in-laws a kneelo!!
if i have kids and they're not kneelos.i wont hide my dissapointment.(just jokes peeps)