Idea: Fundraiser to send CA groms to Phillip Island!

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

Scott
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Scott »

Seems that there are some who dislike KSUSA Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes How the hell would I know what the politics of Kneesurfing Americana is ? This is the only contact I've had with kneelos from USA and has actually bought me into contact with some Aussie kneelo's I wouldn't have had a chance to meet with otherwise Very Happy Very Happy...Hey let's just have a surf and leave all the debating to the shitheads.
Well said, Wolruss--you are wise beyond your tusks!! We get a occasional pile of negative posting by some on this site, who can only conceive of the "politics of kneeboarding" being worked out according to one exclusive plan: theirs. We all have people like this we have to deal with at work, or a relative who is at every family gathering, and chaos always follows in their well-meaning but dismal wake. On this site, it usually puts a bit of a damper for awhile (others seem to love it), then we get back to doing what we do best, though imperfectly. Imperfection (read "things not being done MY WAY!") seems to just infuriate some folks.

Glad this site has you in touch with your mates in your area. It'll be fun to see who makes it to the next P.I. contest as a result of all this feather rustling; hopefully, a number of young guys.

I, too, have made so many great relationships and surfing experiences through the guys and gals on this site and its gatherings/contests, without which it would never have happened. I'M GRATEFUL!

Now, if the Santa Cruz area could just start to get some real waves....
Tom Linn

Post by Tom Linn »

I just read RW post and have no idea what he talking about. It is very bizarre.
albert

Post by albert »

Tom Linn wrote:I just read RW post and have no idea what he talking about. It is very bizarre.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :!:
Steeno
Legend (Contribution Guru)
Legend (Contribution Guru)

Post by Steeno »

if i am not doing it...its not cool :lol:
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather
hart

location, location

Post by hart »

:oops:

umm..I thought some locals may have picked this up so far but they haven't, so I gotta do it :!:

The HOMEPAGE mentions that Phillip Island is in South Australia

It is in fact in Victoria (a different state)

Just for those international transfers and all that stuff.. :idea:

Like Sidney, British Columbia kinda gets you no-where near Bondi (Sydney, Australia) huh :?:

:)

hart
"Mary Mary, Mother Mother,

You and me and..

God the Father.."

Richard Butler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a7TPaQV4zo
Jack Beresford

hart

Post by Jack Beresford »

Good catch Bruce! My mistake on the geography! Don't worry, we'll get 'em there!

Interest from our Junior Kneeboarders (aka groms) is starting to pour in - Oct. 1 is deadline. We'll be making a decision shortly after that.

Jack
Jack Beresford
Ler

The kids

Post by Ler »

God bless the children.
Greg Little
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Greg Little »

WOW :shock:
Just read Rw's rant. :oops:
I just have one thing to say.
Bob
You are a world class DOUCHE BAG :!: :!:
A.K.A.
NIPPLES
Kauaikneelo

the good, the bad, and the stoked

Post by Kauaikneelo »

I don't think anyone can say that without this site, none of this would even be possible. The ideas come up, the ideas are mashed to pieces, the ideas are reworked, the ideas are tossed or put into action. MAN, if our goverment could do that (and for free on a web site) what more could anyone ask for?????.

This site has opened more doors for KBer's than any other media could ever hope for: we meet each other, we talk story, we bring (mostly) good things to the table, and in the end of the day not a person on this site has ever said they would not put down thier swords and have a cold one (or burn one) together. WOW... are you taking notes "United Nations"??

The honest generosity of the the users of this site is UNREAL: boards, info, surf spots, $$, and the anyting you can think of is offered with open arms and usually without asking for anything in return. This IS aloha.

I personally love the way that we pound every topic = FREEDOM of SPEECH. The fact is the more we pound out topics the more we find out that we are not really that far apart. 8)

RW: dont be a nay sayer, get your kids together and send them too. How envolved IS the community. Lets have a "junior" gathering from all groups and send our best, not "most" deserving. Because those Aussie's sound like they want to do some butt kicking. :shock:

In the future. maybe a stop here in the islands for a tune up should be considered. Many here always have open doors (or tents :D ).

Some think "oh great give some "kid" a free vacation" SO WHAT. BFD, WTFC. Lots of small donations wont hurt anyone, but may change the life of a few. How is that a bummer for anyone??? IT IS NOT. Everyone can remember someone that made a difference to them. With this site, we ARE making a difference to the KB world and to a lot of people.

It's all good. No Really, it is all good.

Aloha to all
-scott

ps: "GO USA" :lol: :lol
alfredo zavala

Post by alfredo zavala »

Thoughts of the Unibomber crossed my mind as I read RW'S manifesto. . .

Wow! :?
skansand

Post by skansand »

malee bull, that be too 8) ...but im sure the shapers would rather have me buying boards off them then competing with me in the future...

...but if anyone knows Bert Burger??,id get a kick havin a chat with that guy :D ...im an epoxy shaper, full on...

Hart, THats why i couldnt find it on wannasurf.com !!! ,thanks buddy

GREG, i cant say i agree or ..understood :roll: RW...but he did drop my name into the hat, and for that i thank him....

martin, let greg stone who he wants :mrgreen: :wink: ... RW stones us all in his post!! Thanks for your support too,..is your family going to austrailia?

at the moment im not going to school or working...i can stay in Austrailia for more than few days and would love to check out some shaping bays and maybe see a xavier rudd show....
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon
skansand

Post by skansand »

Subject: PI event
To: skansand@yahoo.com
Skansand, I've watched and read your posts and I must say for me,.. I would vote for you to go on the PI event as you seem to have your head into it! and espeacially with your rising experience of boardshaping and design and your over all stoke!! thats how I feel, for what its worth! good luck!......Rick

thanks rick!!!
rick carne
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by rick carne »

Yep! I'd vote for ya skan!.. but I doubt that I'd get a say, (as most wont) I think thats already been predetermined (who gets to choose) but you'd be a great canadate! ....touche!! thanks for reposting the PM I shoulda done that originally.. next time!
Now for the"Hate mongers" that hate the so called "hate monger" ..dont personalize if your not connected or you only understand that you feel someone attacked the message board you post on with your buddies..you gotta realize that what RW is talkin about is his work bringing a Kneeboarding club(AKC) into the Local surfing community thru actual participation in the separate local communities here in San Diego thru meetings, events i.e. beach clean ups, work with special needs kids(not you guys) thru the w***an*** surf club and other local surf clubs and charity events(spinal injury research) and yes contests too! as well as sponsorship of these events I know of a few events he even made the trophies for the event so what he's talkin about is valid from his perspective!... open your little minds and listen to the message not the delivery!! Its about time KSUSA started doing something for.. rather than just "lookit me!" ... the way to revive this sport is to bring it to the public eye rather than just horde it among yourselves(see the local coverage in santa cruz) and what better way that than in the local area surf communities. RW's work as well as other members of the AKC have done just that just that..whens the last time you saw a Kneeboarding heat in your local contest or heard that a kneeboarding club is doing work and sponsoring other club events? HMMM?!! if it is happening in your area Great~then jump on the wagon!! it will only grow thru participation and If your not doing that ,..but are ready to throw stones then you my flipper'd friend are a DOUCHE BAG!!!!
skansand

Post by skansand »

well i read and reread RWs post using a dictionary this time :lol: ...

i have to say it wasnt nearly as bad as i thought it was before,, but its still on the negative side.....

"Unbelievablly arrogant and unforgivable behavior" = a rude exageration,

Rw's post makes ksusa sound like a message board for a group of child molesters trading fresh meat over the web...

..but i understand now hes only a concerned parent trying to channel this "IDEA" into a legit fundraiser with a proffesional course of action...

yes, theres positive thoughts in his post but shrouded in negativity
alfredo zavala

Post by alfredo zavala »

I'm sure Mr. RW has some relevent things to say.Its too bad he obliterates it with all the other unfortunate attacks.
There is an uber sense of entitlement in his "manifesto" that is hard to understand in an adult.
Really quite an eye opening read. . .
I have so many things I'd like to say but it probably is all too obvious to everyone but him and his supporters. . .
What I must comment on is this creepy line, "My kids are not availible (sic)to the KSUSA now or never."
MY KIDS?
MY KIDS?
Bro, you better ponder where your head/ heart is at with that line.
It may be an insight to help you go to a better place.
I said it before, Wow. :shock: