November Contest @ PP

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

DK
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by DK »

Cripple crusader,
Maybe you give me some lessons on how you pursuaded your better half in the first place.
that sounds like a whole new forum topic.
Poidog

PP

Post by Poidog »

i want to thank all of you who responded to my post for directions to the contest at PP. i went to mapquest.com and used the address to the best western at capitola by the sea for referance just to see how long and far the drive would be and it came back as a 358.30 mile/6 hr and 19 min. drive from my house.
"aaaaaaaaahhh" i didnt expect it to be so far away. i will definatly have to think about this. i would have to leave my house @ 1am sat. morning just to get there on time for the start of it. if i do decide to make this trip, i will need to have lots of coffee to say the least. hope i can make it.
aloha,
Big Russ
surfhorn
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by surfhorn »

Poidog - The contest runs on Friday and Saturday.

The key here is to get to the are early in the week so you can sample the variety of waves this area has to offer. From Moss Landing in the middle of the Monterey Bay to the sheltered reef breaks of Santa Cruz and on up to the wild reefs covering the 20 miles north of Santa Cruz, a KBer can find a wave style to his/her liking.

So many waves - so little time.
kbing since plywood days
Poidog

PP

Post by Poidog »

for some reason i thought the contest was on a saturday and ended on sunday, duh. if i can find some cheap lodgeing near the contest it would make the trip more likely to happen for me. i will look into it.
aloha,
Big Russ
Cripple Crusader
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Cripple Crusader »

DK wrote:Cripple crusader,
Maybe you give me some lessons on how you pursuaded your better half in the first place.
that sounds like a whole new forum topic.
DK, over the years we've been together, my wife has come to notice the psycological effect a surf has on me - I get really grumpy if I don't surf for a while!!! And living in London, the nearest beach is about 224miles away, so I'm generally a grumpy git most of the time!!!! (Get in 3 week-ends every 2 months if the gods smile and I can the social life).
So since we moved over here, the missus realises that me not being 15 mins from the beach and surfing 5 days a week like the good old days in SA, if I generally mention I'm going surfing she tends to look on the plus side that I'll be smiling for at least a week afterwards!!!!
As for letting me go wander the globe on my own - part of the pre-nuptual agreement!!! :mrgreen: OK, I don't know how I get that past her!!! As they say, every woman's a mystery!!!
On your knees, if you please
Jon Manss

russ

Post by Jon Manss »

Russ try the Ocean Echo or the Sunny Cove motel. They're both in the point area and cheap. If you do choose one of these let me know. I live in the neighborhood. Jon
Poidog

Re: russ

Post by Poidog »

Jon Manss wrote:Russ try the Ocean Echo or the Sunny Cove motel. They're both in the point area and cheap. If you do choose one of these let me know. I live in the neighborhood. Jon

i will check these out for sure.
thanks jon.
aloha,
Big Russ
SFKneelo

Women's Division

Post by SFKneelo »

Seeing Darcy's response in another thread...
Why not?
It should be a mission amongst us all to spot women kneelos
and convince them to attend. From another thread, there are
sightings, and even folks that know 'em.
Jack Beresford

PP

Post by Jack Beresford »

Tom - are you staying at the Venitian in Capitola? I've got a hold on a suite there too. As we get closer to the event, let's consolidate if we need to.
Jack Beresford
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

The Venetian is a good call. Its just a short drive to The Point and I am available to p-up/drop off, if need be.

The Venetian is at the base of the Capitola pier and less than a 100 yard
walk to restaurants, bars and shops. there is also the Wharf House restaurant at the end of the pier. If any of your wives/partners/friends enjoy shopping, then this is the call.

If you have any specific questions, please contact me and I will gladly help you out.

-Dan
831-662-3368
kbing since plywood days
Tom Linn

Post by Tom Linn »

Jack- regarding the Venetian, I was planning on staying there. Maybe we can share a suite. Greg Shewman and Tom Backer were planning on staying with me. I will be arriving on Wednesday night. Let me know if that works for you...........Tom
Jack Beresford

Venitian

Post by Jack Beresford »

Tom,

Yes, Greg L and I are going up Wednesday. My brother and Dave W may join us (although Dave's current plan is a family trip). Looks like we may just stay through Friday night and bail from the event on Sat.

I'll try to firm up our plans - as much as possible with these characters.

(Dan: "partners?" Not that there's anything wrong with that but no thanks:)
Jack Beresford
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

OK, Jack. I just was't sure if you were a quad or thruster kinda guy. lol

Looking forward to grabbing some waves with your crew. I'll keep everyine posted on wave conditions that week so you'll know whats going off.

Dan
kbing since plywood days
Jon Manss

hotels

Post by Jon Manss »

Jack, the Venetian is an exelent idea. I sugested other hotels but if you got prices there you should post them or maybe the phone number. Capitola is a great little town to hang out in plenty of restuarants, Margaritaville and shops all local, no chain stores. In fact if you'll put me up for a night we could close down Margaritaville. On second thought you close down the bar and I'll see you the next morning. And whats this leaving before the finals? Your reputation preseeds you. I'm not buying it. The North shall prevail!
Jon