WORLD TOUR

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

Ler
Legend (Contribution King!)

WORLD TOUR

Post by Ler »

Is there any chance of a Kneelo World Tour or maybe piggy back on the Pro circuit for a few events? Pro Kneeriding with some corperate sponship type deal. Just thinking aloud.
Don
Admin

Baby steps...

Post by Don »

Ler,

The KSUSA Titles / Festival in Santa Cruz is getting a lot of attention and people on the sidelines looking in... IF we pull this off with style, grace and hot surfing we'll be in good position to be included in whatever we want.

I don't think anyone will retire as a "Professional" Kneerider, but we could have some fun along the way and help defray some of the costs associated with running our Gatherings and Comps. I think the Hawaii Gathering will get attention this year for sure as Bud layed the ground work and tested the waters.

So, let's get the November gig under our belts, prepare for the Hawaii event if it happens and then there's Tahiti for the WT's in July...

I'm pretty stoked these days just to get a session in w/ my buddies... whatever happens beyond this is icing on the cake. :-)
Don Harris
Ler

Hey

Post by Ler »

Was just day dreaming, I know I would watch it. Alot of talent out there.
Tom Linn

Post by Tom Linn »

Hey Ler,
Don and I brainstormed about offering a cash prizes to the winner of the KSUSA Open IF we could find a sponsor to put up the dough. That idea lasted about five minutes. But, it could turn into reality if Hurley wanted to be the prize money sponsor!! (just kidding, for those of you who don't know, Ler works for Hurley).
DK
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by DK »

What we are moving toward Ler is a network of contests and gatherings around the world with sites such as this and others acting as a central point of information disemination.
The cool thing about it is it is just evolving as kneelos in different areas see what others are up to and get in on the act.
Next year it looks like the four contest Aussie circuit will be back underway- we have a contest in Cornwall in October, November Santa Cruz, in Feb a team of Junior New Zealanders will be coming to Oz for a junior contest and gathering, World titles in June, Hawaii gathering, gatherings up the West Coast of the US- in South Australia- the Southern Kneelo Assoc has monthly gatherings and trips and on the East coast of Oz three clubs Sydney,WAKA nad Novo have monthly comps.
Not to mention the regular get togethers in the UK and most probabaly the single fin weekend again on the South Coast of NSW.
We may not have a world tour - but we have a whole lot of kneelos of different abilities getting together and having fun. What more could you want/?
Ler

Post by Ler »

Your right. I couldn't or shouldn't ask for more. I've only been to one gathering, I can't make it to monthly stuff going on around here, but I do think it would be fun to watch or here about a World Kneelo Champ after a series of events. I know its a pipe dream.
DK

Post by DK »

Ler,
Sorry mate- "What more could you want", is a bit of Aussie slang and wasnt directed at you directly. It kind of means everything is good.
Its a great pipe dream- the circuit in Oz has prze money not a lot mind you - and an elite series of events wouls be real fun to watch.
DK
Ler

Its all good

Post by Ler »

No need to apologize. Your right, lots of good things happening for the kneelo. Things were dead in the U.S. for a little bit, but thanks and props to the KSUSA there a pulse over here. Once you get to know me DK you'll find out I only open my mouth to exchange feet. My intentions is good though. Take care follow brethen
Jon Manss

ler

Post by Jon Manss »

Are you coming up to the Santa Cruz festival "contest" ? I wonder, cold water. lots of rights, hippies everywhere asking for donations for who knows what, and Paul W in the line up.. Are you really ready for this? :roll: Jon
Steeno
Legend (Contribution Guru)
Legend (Contribution Guru)

Post by Steeno »

I wish I could make it
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather
quadfin

Hurley

Post by quadfin »

Hey Ler,

Here is one of your boys in CR., JB Englerth. Take care of him, his Dad's my board builder.
Attachments
surf205.JPG
(62.17 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
Surf Hard Live Slow
quadfin

Post by quadfin »

One more. There's the )(
Attachments
surf310.JPG
(30.35 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
Surf Hard Live Slow
Ler

Post by Ler »

By looking at JB Englerth's photos, I'm stoked his a Hurley rider. Very clean!

Hey Jon, I'm working on going to Santa Cruz. Having a little trouble with funds, but if I don't surf the event, I will try to go up that weekend. I want to go more than anything.
Jack Beresford

SC

Post by Jack Beresford »

Ler,

Let me know if you need some help with the entry fee - I'll sponsor you! Of course, I'll expect priority if we meet up in any heats!
Jack Beresford
Ler

Hey

Post by Ler »

Entry fee and for my soul. Its a deal. Where do I sign in blood, of course.