Note to All competitors... Comp starts on Thursday!

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

Don
Admin

Note to All competitors... Comp starts on Thursday!

Post by Don »

NOTE:

We are targeting 60 people for the competition in November at the Santa Cruz Festival. This is great news and we should all be proud of spreading the word. We have 4 Puerto Ricans coming to the event, one South African (in the States working) and potentially some Aussies coming over!

We MUST start Round 1 for the Open, AA and AAA divisons Thursday as we have a very large turnout for the event.

So make your plans to take another day off work, get your hotel reservations in order 'cause it's going to be a rockin' time!

The donations have been very generous by various surf industry reps so bring some extra doe for the raffles and help support KSUSA !!!!!
Last edited by Don on Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don Harris
Steeno
Legend (Contribution Guru)
Legend (Contribution Guru)

Post by Steeno »

Damm Wish I could be there
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather
Ler
Legend (Contribution King!)

Contest

Post by Ler »

Wow a three day Kneeboard event at Pleasure Point, Santa Cruz. Looks like your making U.S. Kneelo history. I know you can't see me but I'm raising my glass and now drinking my glass. Oh hell with the glass I'll take a hit right off bottle. Any way Good Job and Thanks.

Mike Butler aka, Ler

P.S. Your the best friend, I've ever had and I'm not just saying that....
Hicup
ivandill
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by ivandill »

Is not fair we Puerto Rican are going to freeze our ass off.Any sugestion on wetsuit and were to get the cheapest there.See ya soon.
VANCHEE
Don
Admin

Post by Don »

I'm sure someone will gladly lone you a suit in exchange for some Rum!

Post your sizes and we'll see what we can do...

Glad you all are making the trip!
Don Harris
Tom Linn

Post by Tom Linn »

Don't forget that we also have one Canadian coming down from British Columbia!! Stoked to see you in the event Matt.
ivandill

Post by ivandill »

Im 5"7, 160 pounds, never used a wet suit, so iam not sure how is measure but my spring suit say 50/medium. Ill make sure you get some of Puerto Rico finest BARRILITO premiun rum,Good on the rocks.See ya soon.
VANCHEE
Jon Manss

Mike Butler

Post by Jon Manss »

Get your board up here as early as you can there are waves to ride beyond the contest sight. From what I understand you are the Paul W of the South. If thats the case I will personally set you up with a Paul surf trip and I will try to hang in there with you two. Oh!,, what am I getting myself into. I'm too old for this. Jon
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

To Our Warm Water Friends -

You will definitely need full wetsuits for the Santa Cruz area. 4mm/3mm will probably be the best for this time of year (we wear 5/3mm during the winter with booties, hoods and sometimes gloves).

We can probably arrange wetsuits for whomever needs one. At the least, we can borrow some rental suits from John at Freeline Design Surf Shop;
they're 3 mm full suits. Plus, I have a few older suits/booties that can get you by in a pinch.

I will also look into arranging for 4/3 demo suits from some of the manufacturers. Also, think about booties - which may mean you will need a larger size swim fin......

Today's water temp is 57 degrees and there is a good NW pushing so we may lose a degree or so by tomorrow. But we have clear weather and offshore winds predicted for this weekend - which really heats up the air and the water.

Dan
kbing since plywood days
Matt
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Surfs up Im feeling sick...

Post by Matt »

Thanks Tom, guess I will have to drive a bit quicker from Canada to get there for thurs... good thing its downhill.

--------
Surfhorn great news about the water temp!, I can leave my drysuit behind .
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Dry suit? What's a dry suit? lol

Peter Mel and Adam Repogal just returned from a tow-in surf trip to Canada. I'm not sure where but my bet is on somewhere near the coast....
kbing since plywood days
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

LOL, Ler!!!
You are DA MAN!
stemple

Post by stemple »

I have a couple extra Large 4/3 that will work for someone in the 200 lb range. I will bring them to the contest

Stemple
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

re: Parking.

Contest site/on-site HQ is at the junction of East Cliff Drive and 32nd Avenue.

The summer time, tourist parking restrictions are off for the winter so you can park on any of the side streets without having to buy a parking permit.

Since the road that follows the coastlines at Pleasure Point - East Cliff Drive - is one way, running west to east (we are on the northern cusp of the Monterey Bay), probably the best/most direct access street will be driving down 30th Avenue to East Cliff Drive. 30th Avenue can be found off of Portola Drive, the first, major east/west access, large road about 1/2 mile up from East Cliff Drive and the Point.

I would suggest everyone take a look at a map to get their bearings before driving around in too many circles. We should be posting map(s) soon, outlining the area and establishments who have agreed to support the KSUSA's efforts for this contest.
kbing since plywood days