UK Nationals a great success

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

Tony B
Local (More than 25 post)

UK Nationals a great success

Post by Tony B »

Hi guys.
We have just held the first ever British Kneeboard Surfing National Championships. It was a great success with about thiry kneelos on the beach. We had great support from the British Surfing Association. They provided us with all we needed and even cleared a contest area on the beach. We had great surf too - 3 to 4 feet clean walls. We have never seen anything like before on this side of the pond. Did you ever get the feeling that kneeboard surfing is about to explode?
Tony B
stemple
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by stemple »

That sounds great tony. Could you post some pictures? what were results? How guys I met in Hawaii do?

Syd
Don
Admin

Re: UK Nationals a great success

Post by Don »

Tony B wrote:Hi guys.
We have just held the first ever British Kneeboard Surfing National Championships. It was a great success with about thiry kneelos on the beach. We had great support from the British Surfing Association. They provided us with all we needed and even cleared a contest area on the beach. We had great surf too - 3 to 4 feet clean walls. We have never seen anything like before on this side of the pond. Did you ever get the feeling that kneeboard surfing is about to explode?
Tony B
Tony,

Great news! So many memories of comps going off in poor conditions, it's nice to see Mother Ocean dealing us a few good ones lately! Internationally we are looking very strong and it's good to see the UK and US getting their respective org's in place. I think the next step will be groups of travelers hooking up ... we've got a gathering in Costa Rica, St. Marten sure sounds great and then there's the usual suspects... so many waves, so little time :wink:

Looking forward to the pics and story... Send the good luck our way for the KSUSA TItles!

Cheers,

Don
Don Harris
Ler

results

Post by Ler »

British Men British Women International International
1st Richard Hewitt 1st Jodie Troth 1st Marc McCloed (Aus)
2nd Karl Ward 2nd Susan Hawkins 2nd Karl Ward (UK)
3rd Chris Diplock 3rd An drew Lewis (SA)
4th Scott Powell 4th Richard Smith (UK)

Here are the results. Gradulations to everybody!

sorry it came out all messed up I tried to copy and paste. I should have known better I can't chew gum and walk.

Ler
Tony B

Post by Tony B »

Try this Ler.
British Nationals 2003 - Fistral Beach Newquay

Mens Open:
1st Richard Hewitt
2nd Karl Ward
3rd Chris Diplock
4th Scott Powell

Ladies Open:
1st Jodie Troth
2nd Susan Hawkins

International division:
1st Marc McCloed (Aus)
2nd Karl Ward (UK)
3rd Andrew Lewis (SA)
4th Richard Smith (UK)

and go to http://www.kneeboardsurfing.co.uk/html_ ... otices.htm for pics
Ler

Thanks

Post by Ler »

Hi Tony, Thanks.

Ler
DarcyM

UK Winners

Post by DarcyM »

Congrats to all the UK winners!

Special "way to go, mates" to Karl Ward and Marc McLeod! These guys are absolute rippers who I got to see cutting loose in a lot warmer water over at the Oahu Gathering this past March. Gotta give 'em credit for going from the tropics to the extreme north and still delivering the goods! They're tougher than me, that's for sure! :)

dm
dm

"Push the button, Max!"
crox

Post by crox »

I have put a few shots up in the photo gallery from the Brit's & International contest - a really good day was had by all!
Attachments
Imga5248.jpg
Karl Ward - just for Darcy!
(28.67 KiB) Downloaded 154 times