ASP Kneeboarding Specialty Event at Puerto Escondido??

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

surfhorn
Legend (Contribution King!)

ASP Kneeboarding Specialty Event at Puerto Escondido??

Post by surfhorn »

While doing a bit of schmoozing at the O'Neill Cold Water Classic this week, doing the publicity thing for our KB event at Pleasure Point next month, I ran into the ASP North America rep................and a fellow KBer!

He told me he lives in Puerto Escondido and has always wanted to put on an ASP KB specialty event in Puerto in August.

Well, I told him he was talking to the right guy (actually, the corerct organization). He wasn't aware of the KSUSA.org site so we traded contact info and he has offered to put everyone up at his house for such an event!

Damn, this KB thing keeps growing. And just when we thought that we were totally under the radar.... Oh, well - more fun for us all!

-Dan
kbing since plywood days
kneelonick
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

DUDE!!

Post by kneelonick »

when is this gonna happen???
geo
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by geo »

Sounds like you are taliking with Tom Chaney he is the ASP rep for Central America and a kneeboard who lives right outside of Puerto. I know Angel Salianis who owns Cenral Surf and has put on the Central Surf Longboard Contest the last couple of years. He wants to get a full on Surf Festival to inclide Specialty events such as Kneeboarding Bodysurfing and Body Boarding. I know the Longboard Contest is on for September. Can contact him to get the dates and any more info on the kneeboard event.
scoop

Post by scoop »

WOW

now Puerto would be one damn kewl kneelo destination....

Dan...pass me any info and i will pass it on this end as well

Tony
Love that "greenroom" feeling...(don't panic I finally found it)..... good ole' winki on a good day
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

I believe it is Tom. His dad used to own House of Paipo in Huntington Beach. I will pull his card out and contact him.
-Dan
kbing since plywood days