Nov. contest report

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

Jon Manss
Legend (Contribution King!)

Nov. contest report

Post by Jon Manss »

Seeing's how everyone usually on line is up here away from there computer you'll have here the first report from me. Wed. looked like typical contest conditions. FLAT TO FLAT AND WINDY Very depressing when you think of all the effort was being made by so many to get here.
The forcast was for rain and then more rain with a increase in swell from flat to not so flat. Thursday arrived with a little swell building and the rain staying north of us. We ended up with overcast and glassy conditions all day. The swell kept building ,slowly, all day and would hit us every other heat. This first day has been very good to all of us. we're getting glimpses of the talent out here as everyone is snagging a good ride now and then. The most amazing thing to me right now is all the boards lying around on the cliffs, and all grins on the faces. Everyone seems to be walking around with the same thought."Who are these guys". I'm sure you'll here more from the rest of the clan soon enough.
All is going great ,the management of the event is higly proffesional and is running smoothly. For those worried about Darcy out there in a cold tent all by herself, don't. Last time I saw her she was soking her sore muscles in a hot tub. Talk about roughing it. Jon
DarcyM

conest update

Post by DarcyM »

thanks Jon, you just blew my "tough as nails" cover ... :)

The contest is just amazing. Everybody rips and the right wave to the right person in any one heat is all it takes to win it. There is so much talent out here it just boggles the mind. Best of all, there's a great positive vibe and everyone seems to be having fun.

And you should see the trophies Jon has made ... they are SOOO BEAUTIFUL!!! Anyone who wins one of these babies is going to be the envy of all of us.

Rain last night but clearing today (hopefully) ... and I AM going camping, just after the contest ... when the rain is gone ... LOL!

Darcy
dm

"Push the button, Max!"
Steeno
Legend (Contribution Guru)
Legend (Contribution Guru)

Post by Steeno »

great to here about your stoke, keep it up, wished I was there for your first comp in ten years
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather