Thanks to organizers of the Contest

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

Steeno
Legend (Contribution Guru)

amazed

Post by Steeno »

i am so stoked to hear all this good vibe coming from you guys, its inspirational. I am also amazed to here Kenny actually put a wetsuit on, I have seen him numerous times surfing in his dick pointers inVictoria's icey waters at low 50's F when myself and evryone else is kitted up with all the gear.

Anyway, stoked you guys are all buzzing

:D
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Kenny won a heat!

Kudos to all that were involved... it was truly an amazing event. There was sooooo much stoke! In no particular order...
- Mary Lou Drummy and company ran a very professional event. Water patrol was effective... we had minimal non-competitor interference
- Waves were quite contestable... thanks Neptune!
- Trophies were awesome! I'll post a pic. Great Job!!!
- Ler, you're da man! Thanks for getting Hurley involved!
- The organization is in the black!
- Bill Lerner, great to see you! We'll have to hook up with Steve Colton
up this way...
- Scoop, Kenny, Efrain, and the rest of the Int'l crew... thanks for coming out, it was great to hang out with you! BTW, that rum was kick-a$$
- Tom, Don, John and Dan... thanks for all the hard work you put in, and
making it darn near impossible to work today!

It was great to meet other kneelos, and see old friends. Many thanks to
all for making this a memorable event!
Jon Manss
Legend (Contribution King!)

reply to jack

Post by Jon Manss »

Now I see why you all have so many stories about Jack. The Mother Ocean has blessed you with a gift that I can't fathom. Jack Beresford the king of contest. Jon
PAUL CROWLEY
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Contest

Post by PAUL CROWLEY »

Much Much thanks to everyone involved in this event. Truly one of a kind. No sideline NSSA or USSF event, just us! And it felt good! I think Don Harris may be the unsung hero of this thing, without the website few of us would have known about it. John Mel was huge. Behind the scenes politicking for us. Thanks for the motivation from Kenny Stapleton.
Props to Chris A Who seemed to be in the water all day Fri, everytime I looked he was cranking off the top again. And to Ed Quinn, Who I agree, had the turn of the contest when he banged the top of that one, and they scored him funny, and I should know I saw it, up close and personal!!
I now also believe that Jack B is the devil. add to his reperatoire of evil, the ability to make the ocean go flat for all his competitors. Best advise is dont draw him in a heat.
Lets not wait 10 more years for an event like this. Lets keep this thing rolling and go out with a bang. Lets talk about a nor cal v so cal thingy-
meet in Ventura or Jalama and go nuts. (we get Bob Schiff, He's up here now)

Whats Next? I'm ready, and training! (i didnt even supersize my combo meal today)

P.S. Much thanks to Dan Young, for generating the hype, and to Mike
Butler for being Mike Butler. And Freddy Peterson for showing up.

With Sincere Gratitude Paul Crowley
MWROBERTSON

Santa Cruz

Post by MWROBERTSON »

My brother Danny & I drove home Saturday after the after the awards ceremony and talked for hours about the contest and what a TOTAL STOKE the whole event was. :D ( A BIG THANKS to all the organizers and Prize donators! -Don Harris, Dan Young, The Manass Bros-Un believable trophys, John Mel-my idol, Tom Linn, Paul Duquet, Mike Butler, Bud Mc Cray, Davis Parkes, Eric Schlokopf, The Puerto Rician Team-so much passion!, Kenny & Tony from Australia. God I love those guys!)

I think it may be the first event/contest of it's kind where everyone got to come out, surf four times + in fun waves, and feel comfortable in their respective divisions.

This certainly enabled all the riders to have a blast as well as come out and participate without being freaked out about competition. So many of us over the years have surfed for soul, stress relief, friendship and often times solitude. Many of us wanted nothing to do with contests. I think this event changed that a bit.

The BUZZ up on the cliff was that no matter what the individual results were in each heat, the majority of those that attended are now MORE STOKED & REJUVINATED ON KNEERIDING THAN EVER! :P

The placers in the OPEN-AAA & AA should all be commended for their efforts and results! There was a lot of hot action going on in each heat.

My HAPPINESS today stems from seeing this whole KB vision starting to go where many of us so often talked of over the years. I think KSUSA is providing that in an unquestionable fashion now.

1. Bringing the stoke and friendhip back to our sport.
2. Having a couple of contests each year.
3. Someone hosting monthly to at least quarterly gatherings at locales up and down the coast & other parts of the globe.
4. New & progressive board design & fin placement and a real positve progression in our sport.

Thanks also to all the new and old friends that I met!

Let's face it, we are a NEW BREED and moving way forward. Our roots are deep but the train has pulled out of the station. Climb aboard because it's going to be a fun and beautiful ride. :wink:

MARK & DANNY ROBERTSON
Steeno

Post by Steeno »

What!!!!!!!!!! kenny won a heat....ohhh the beer drinking heat lol

dad
coach
godfather
Jon Manss

kenny victory

Post by Jon Manss »

Yeah ,Yeah, Kenny won a heat and the embarassing part was he beat me. But I think I have grounds to protest. That boat he rides must have a motor in it somewhere. Jon
Steeno

Post by Steeno »

Kenny's boards have always been big but not as big as his heart and his love for kneeboarding. That man is a legend here in australia

dad
coach
godfather
PAUL CROWLEY

Kenny did a turn

Post by PAUL CROWLEY »

I had the pleasure of surfing with Ken in a heat. And Kenny did a turn.
Its on video tape!! Its all good and pretty damn impressive
Steeno

Post by Steeno »

there would be no kneeboarding in Australia without Kenny. Ken missed one season running the circuit here in Australia and past the duties over to others and it all fell apart. Ken is the man.
Last edited by Steeno on Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dad
coach
godfather
Jon Manss

Post by Jon Manss »

Kenny kept the crew on the cliffs entertained with a running story on everything in the surfing world. I sat with Tom B , Mike B and Wayne K and listened to the tales and I felt like a kid again rapt in awe and humor. You have a treasure there. He still rides a boat. Jon
Scott

First Pics Now Up In KSUSA Photo Album

Post by Scott »

First Pics Now Up In KSUSA Photo Album!

Higher resolutions of my 15 photos from the Pleasure Point Kneeboard Festival can be viewed in the following Yahoo site:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/spjk5

Looking forward to what the rest of you will posting--there were so many cameras on that cliff!

Scott
Craig
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Contest

Post by Craig »

Wow! what a great event. I'm still in full stoke mode. A big thank you to all the above mentioned devoted orgainizers, helpers and sponsers that pulled this off with so much class!. It was an incredibly positive three days spent w/ 60 + Kneelos! cheering each other on, how huge is that :D I've come away from this expeirence a richer man in many ways. New friendships first and foremost. Great board design and inovation that I plan to plug to my quiver. Wacthing incredible Kneelos ripping it up w/ grace power and speed, Thank you for that, I learned from you. I also came away wanting to share and promote our sport in all it's fasets w/ the young groms out there, thanks to big Kenny & Tony for your infectious stoke.
Another + is my Bride Lynn was as stoked as I was, she had a great time. On the way home she said I should order a Blast or one of thoses other cool boards, and when are we going to Austraila! I almost crashed the truck :lol: That my freinds is a serrious good vibe.

Still a Grom!
kneemor

Wish was there!

Post by kneemor »

Too much work caused me not to attend. Maybe I should rethink my priorities :)
Iñigo
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Reading the messages I envy all the people who where there

Post by Iñigo »

It is true, reading the different messages I envy all the people who could be present in the event. Of course I will be aware and a representation from the Basque Country will be present in the next. I am now saving money for it and I hope to know you and be able of enjoying the ambient.
Do not take much time in organising another event OK?