Idea: Fundraiser to send CA groms to Phillip Island!

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

skansand
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by skansand »

:D ,its awsome these guys can go, they all rip and will make a great US team... :D

im not bummed at all, now i can enter the OSIde contest knowing ill make it there in time and im sure ill find waves somewhere during that week...

three weekends of camping coming up, malibu this weekend, then ocean beach, then santa cruz 8)

good luck to the groms , cant wait to see the photos :)
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon
DarcyM

Post by DarcyM »

Congratulations to the three lucky groms, well deserved all of them! I add my thanks also to the many people here and in Australia who donated to this worthy cause, and to those in Oz who will be taking care of our boys when they're over there! I hope it turns out to be a great learning and sharing experience for all involved, and one we can repeat for many years to come.

Good onya!
8)
dm

"Push the button, Max!"
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Congratulations guys, I hope to catch up with you at Phillip Island. An absolute chance of a lifetime - I really hope this does continue not only for Americans to compete at P.Island but visa versa, Kiwis, Poms ..... globally, obviously not every comp. but selected events. Congrats also to Albert and Jack for the inspiration and the boys behind the scenes at KSUSA, its a tribute to all Kneelo's, all over, that we could make this happen on such short notice, now thats (what was it Kauaikneelo & Smoking called it ?) Ohana. Now M.Murph and R.W. it would be really great if some of those relevant ideas you guys came up with were put into action in conjunction with what the KSUSA and the global kneelo family has acheived, to set in stone something truely special.
Skansand I really liked your post, shows some character, my hats off to you, and hope to catch up with you in the future.
Cheers Wolruss
MALLEE BULL
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by MALLEE BULL »

WELL SAID RUSS 8)
LOVE FIXING UP OLD BOARDS
AND STAINED GLASS WINDOWS
SamC
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by SamC »

I am sooo STOKED!!

Thank you everyone who helped contribute to this fund to let me and a couple of other groms have an expierence of a life time, surfing in Australia, with some of the best kneeboarders around.

Can't wait to see everyone in australia, and hope to not be too much of a pain to be around :wink:
Bintang Bob

Post by Bintang Bob »

congrats to the groms.... 8) you groms are here with given notice that you may spend my contribution on Aussie beer.... :!: remember if you can't out surf em, out drink em.... :P
Last edited by Bintang Bob on Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kneel before the majesty of our mother ocean
WayneK

Post by WayneK »

At a Boyz :D Wishing you all a fantastic trip :D
Matt, your heart is in the right place. Your wonderlust will get you down under soon. I'll see ya in Oceanside. Wayne
LinnBBK
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by LinnBBK »

SO STOKEd

so excited to come out and i want to thank everyone wh helped mwake this happen. super stoked i cant wait i also know that sebass is super stoked

i want to thank everyone again for making this happen
Bintang Bob

Post by Bintang Bob »

now I want you young men to realize my husband was just kidding when he said to spend his contribution on beer.... you should buy your mothers a nice present while your in Australia....
signed, Mrs. Bintang Bob
Bintang Bob

Post by Bintang Bob »

you groms don't listen to my wife.... :!: :!: :!: jeez, what's happened to a husband's right to rule the roost here.... :?
Doc Turbo

Rule the Roost

Post by Doc Turbo »

Bob I am surprised she let you even use the computer....

grom power

Post by Jack Beresford »

UPDATE: Sam, Sebastian and Chris leave for Oz tomorrow night. The crew is very stoked - we had a fun scrimmage on Sunday in O-side to get them some heat time. They can't wait to meet and surf with Simon and Gavin. Our hosts are also ready to show them an awesome time. The forecast looks like they will be getting plenty of surf in Phillip Island. No doubt the next week will be one they'll never forget!

Thanks again to everyone who chipped in to make this all possible! You are all huge!

BEST OF LUCK TO THE U.S. GROMS - TAKE NO PRISONERS (but maybe their girlfriends)!!!

Jack
albert

Post by albert »

The sentiment is the same from here Jack!

The forecast is a bit iffy at the moment but there is no doubt there will be plenty of swell (could actually be pretty big :shock: ! towards the end of the week)

Thanks
ross

Post by ross »

have fun down there lads!!

oh yeah, like Jack said, girlfriend stealing might be the only option. They don't call it blokes island for nothing :lol: If you were to find yourself down the coast in Lorne at any point you would be in the end of school vacation epicentre for Melbournites 8) .

that aside, soak up the experience !!!!
SamC

Post by SamC »

haha I'll keep that in mind! :wink: