Idea: Fundraiser to send CA groms to Phillip Island!

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

Jack Beresford
Legend (Contribution King!)

martin

Post by Jack Beresford »

Grumpy Martin,

My grandfather always said "Money Talks, Baloney Walks!" Thank YOU for supporting this cause financially - regardless of your own issues about how it came about. Input, when provided in a calm and rational manner, is always welcome and appreciated!

Glad to hear you and Shaun will be up at O-side this weekend!

Jack
jamie
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by jamie »

Big thankyou to Gavin Colman and Kiah Kelly for helping look after the groms out at the Woolamai house during the first 5 days of their stay and to Jim and Jill Brown who provided Hilton like service and conditions for the boys over the weekend.
Much appreciation to Pam Lewis(the better half of Gavin meathead Lewis) for getting the groms and Kiah VIP seats at the Penguin parade on the nite of Chris Linn's birthday.
The groms did KSUSA and their parents proud with their enthusiasm to go surfing in all sorts of conditions and to learn about Aussie culture and check out the local fauna.
Big shout out to their parents for entrusting their safety and well being to the kneelos residing down under.
All three groms showed a lot of courage in the comp , the surf was extremely testing on the bank that the groms and girls heats and finals went down. They all took a pretty severe beating in the shorebreak and on the inside of the main break but went back for more with little more encouragement than a few "Come ONNNNNNNNNNs!"
Jamie
hart

US grommets

Post by hart »

:)

great post Jamie

:D :D
"Mary Mary, Mother Mother,

You and me and..

God the Father.."

Richard Butler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a7TPaQV4zo
Tom Linn

Post by Tom Linn »

Met Chris and SeaBass at the airport yesterday. I asked if they were excited to be home. They replied, "we wanted to stay at least 5 weeks more and then move permanently to Oz." So I guess they enjoyed the stay.

Chris told me that he was beat during his heats and it was some of the hardest paddling he has ever done. He also loved seeeing the penguins and wallabies. His favorite times were definitely the surf sessions however.

Big thanks to Albert for originating this event. Big thanks to Jamie for picking the kids up at the airport and looking out for them the first few days. Big thanks to Gavin and Kia for taking the boys in thru the middle of the week. So cool for the boys to surf with the World Champ several times. Big thanks to Jim Brown for hosting the boys the last few days and returning them to the airport. Of course all you guys know you have a place to stay if you ever get over to SoCal. Big thanks to everyone for contributing funds (including Martin!).

Maybe next year you can sent a few groms this way. I thinking that we do a every other year exchange program.

Thanks Again!
DarcyM

Post by DarcyM »

This was so GREAT! I'm so stoked that we pulled this off (THANK YOU! to ALL WHO HELPED!) and that the guys had a great time. So STOKED that Sam & SeaBass advanced and placed! Congratulations! Chris - keep stroking! Your time will come. Good onya for going and hanging in what sounds like some challenging surf.

All our Aussie brothers and sisters - you're the BEST!

We have to try to keep this going, and keep it going both ways. This was a Really Good Thing.
dm

"Push the button, Max!"
mFox
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by mFox »

Hey Grommies, great to see you over here and charging!!!! (Your session at Kitties was a hoot) keep it up fellas. Take what you've seen and take it further cause you're the future of kneelos. Nows the time for you guys to start moving up on the current crew over your side of the world and give them a good shaking.
But next time............. all of you bring your own boards :-), some of the borrowed equipment just did not do you justice (it showed). well done again and hope to catch ya again.

Mark
Fox
jamie

Post by jamie »

All the groms travelled with their own boards for the trip to PI.

SeaBass was luck enough to borrow a board from Neil Luke for a couple of days, he normally rides a fins way back old school twin fin fish(john mel) and was trying out a fins forward thruster - as noted it was a massive change in equipment.

When you stand 5 foot nothing and weigh less than a jockey dripping wet it isnt easy to find a board to try something new, Seabass was apparently stoked after surfing the board at Kitty Miller bay :?, and then hating it on the larger lefts at Right point the next day.

Like any grom worth his salt he was having a go!
Jamie
wolruss

Phillip Island Classic

Post by wolruss »

Absolute congratulation to Neil Luke, Adrian, Rosy and anybody else who had anything to do with the organisation of the Classic - I am another thoroughly impressed competitor with the very professionally run event. Very glad :D :D to see the young 'gladiators' from the USA surfed well.....well enough for young Sam C to knock me out of the opens event :roll: :oops: :roll: :oops: .......well done Sam. The boys were well looked after by some of Australia's best ( surfers and hosts ). What an experience, the surf and the people...I will be a definite for next year, probably bring the "Minister for war and finance" with me next time.

Cheers Wolruss
DYdamo

Post by DYdamo »

"Minister for War and Finance" Very funny Wolruss,I Haven't heard that one before
I'm interested in apathy
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Driving Instructer, table etiquette monitor, fart detector :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: .........aarr but how I love her...... :oops: wouldn't have anything to whinge about otherwise.......she's a good stick, Damo, don't get me wrong, she puts up with me and my surf wanderings....she does give as good as she gets though.

Cheers Wolruss
MALLEE BULL

Post by MALLEE BULL »

WIFE
WASHING,IRONING,FOOD,ENTERTAINMENT.

CONGRATS ON PLACING IN THE ELDERS AT THE ISLAND RUSS. :P
LOVE FIXING UP OLD BOARDS
AND STAINED GLASS WINDOWS
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Thanks Mal, had just enough puff to make the finals and then it was a matter of survival. Did you catch up with news that the pointscore being postponed 'til the 9th at Thirroul then presentation afterwards ? Hope to see you there - got your new/old ebay board awaiting your arrival.

Cheers Wolruss