ksusa titles: radio mention.

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

KenM
Legend (Contribution King!)

ksusa titles: radio mention.

Post by KenM »

My good friend Eric "Bird" Huffman tells me he will be mentioning the upcoming contest during some of his radio surf reports. They are heard 3 times a day on 94.9 in SD.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Country or Hip Hop :?:
To do what I want to do
I have to do what have to do

Craig
toofast3
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by toofast3 »

rock/alternative
Bob

Post by Bob »

Is that "the Eric Huffman" of San Diego kneeboard fame?
KenM

Post by KenM »

Bob, yes , it's that Eric Huffman, brother of the infamous Rex. There is a picture of Eric (Bird) kneeboarding at Big Rock in the Warren Bolster photo book. Eric runs the Southcoast Windansea surf shop in Pacific Beach so stop in and say hi if your in the area. Although now a standup surfer, Bird is stoked to support kneeboarding.
ezak

Post by ezak »

Ha,ha,ha :oops:

The jokes on me. I went to Southcoast several months back when I was selling some of my old standup boards on consignment. I talked to Eric for I don't know about 20 minutes about surfing in general. Really nice guy. Somewhere along the lines I said I've been getting more into kneeboarding, that's why I was selling most of my standup boards. He kind of smiled and said something along the lines of he didnt know many people kneeboarded anymore. 8)

Pretty big shop and there were a lot of boards there!
Maybe we could talk him into stocking some kneeboards once in a while?
surf with soul
KenM

Post by KenM »

ezak said, "Maybe we could talk him into stocking some kneeboards once in a while?
Ezak, i've asked him about that several times and he feels that kneeriders are too individualized in what they want in their boards to do stock ones. He is more than happy to discuss designs and ideas and has access to great shapers if you want to order a new board. His kneeboarding experience included keel fin fishes, single fin pintails and roundtails, quads and even a roundtail with keel fins. Among his current standup quiver are some very cool round pin quads. He has gotten several boards done for me over the years and they have all come out great.
ezak

Post by ezak »

You are right Ken. It's hard to beat a board that is shaped for you. Not even just the board but the whole process, experience, and interaction with an experienced shaper to create a board. But I think it would be pretty cool to see some kneeboards in the shops someday too. Other than the many fish I ooh and awe at when I look around a shop. :) Or the ocassional wow that standup board would make a good kneeboard if it was just a little .......
surf with soul
Bob

Post by Bob »

Rex Huffman! That's right! I remember, now. Photos of Eric and Rex when I was first starting kneeriding.
Mark Ramirez

Post by Mark Ramirez »

Yes Eric is one of the nicest guys you'll meet. He's just a footsurfer only now, but I remembered when he kneerode. Eric wasn't as good of a kneeboarder as his other brother Mark. Rex and Mark were the hot ones of the Huffman family.
Dr. Bronner
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Dr. Bronner »

I remember Eric would kneeride Bigrock on takeoff , then stand after the tube.Mark is a top cyclist in SD now.