2007 KSUSA Titles - Let's See The Results!

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

gumby
Legend (Contribution King!)

Re: reschedule

Post by gumby »

D.R. wrote:Open it back up for registration after you get the new dates, I'll make my brother fly me out.
Jack Beresford wrote:Yes, score it RAIN 1, KNEELOS 0.

Hopefully we'll have some new dates for the event next week - likely we'll reschedule for sometime in early 08.

Everyone is welcome to gather tonight about 6 p.m. at Hensley's (Tamarack exit off the 5). No reason to hold back since tomorrow will probably be ugly as well.

Drive safe.

Jack

As I understand it we were limited out with entrys. But maybe that may be possible because sume of the contestants may not be able to come back :cry:
To do what I want to do
I have to do what have to do

Craig
RT
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by RT »

Too bad about the rain ordinance in O'side. It was the cleanest water I've surfed in for a month...way cleaner than S. Cruz Tgiving weekend.

Didn't see any waves looking better than O'side on the way home to Vta Cty.

Look forward to a reschedule in '08, hopefully not weekdays so us working stiffs don't have to take a day off???

RT
toofast3
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by toofast3 »

I know I won`t be there for the re-schedule... So someone can that my place
C J Gagner

Post by C J Gagner »

RT wrote:Too bad about the rain ordinance in O'side. It was the cleanest water I've surfed in for a month...way cleaner than S. Cruz Tgiving weekend.

Didn't see any waves looking better than O'side on the way home to Vta Cty.

Look forward to a reschedule in '08, hopefully not weekdays so us working stiffs don't have to take a day off???

RT
I will have more vacation time and am saving it with high hopes!
Though the course may change sometimes rivers always reach the sea!!!!
Markem

My contest thoughts.

Post by Markem »

First a huge thanks to everyone who does so much to put on an event of this type. Don, Mark, Jack, Brad, Randy and I'm sure many many others put great effort and personal time into it and I am truly grateful to them for thier sacrifice and dedication.

My contest experience was really good, meeting up with guys I haven't seen it years and meeting new ones as well. These events aren't to me about the 20 mins. per heat when we strut our stuff as best we can in the conditons at the moment. It's so much more of experiencing the friendships, talking design, recent waves, and just as importantly how's the family and so and so doing. I had one heat with five other guys and we all entered as well as exited the water with a smile. No one won or lost anything.

I completley agree with the lifeguard calling the event due to the potential of raised bacterial levels. From my own experience of many years of getting really sick surfing during and right after winter storms at or near river jetties and run off sites. Before they published these types of things I, and I'm sure others on this site had ear infections, pneumonia (single and double), strepp throught, and even one year got trench mouth (teeth get loose, gums bleed, strange secretiosn appear etc...), I am glad for the disclosure of this threat. Could you imagine what would happen if 70-80 kneelos all became really sick and were not surfing during the winter swells. The standies would get all the waves, the deepest barrels would roll in empty for possibly months, it would be the end of the world as we know not. (Ok a bit over the top there).

I have one complaint regarding the Thurs. night event.
When the judge was taking the time to explain the contest in great and specific detail, there were several guys (you know who you are) who wouldn't shut up so he could be heard. I personally went over and apologized on behalf of all present for those guys lack of consideration. I also thanked him for his professionalism, thoroughness, and maturity (even though most in the room are twice his age) for his effort.

again available for the conference calls, given a little notice.

To all Happy Holydays see you out there,
M2
toofast3

Post by toofast3 »

I couldn`t agree more with what Markem said. I too, had a GREAT experience. In and out of the water. Everyone was great !!!
Also, I don`t want any to miss read what I wrote about being in the re-scheduled contest.. If the contest is rescheduled for a fri and sat , I won`t be able to take the fri off. So someone can take my place and have fun like I did..
randiego

Post by randiego »

Actually Mark - All I did was sell raffle tickets and yell as loud as I could.

The heavy lifting was done by Mark, Don, Tom Linn, Jack, Brad Colwell and Greg Little. (sorry if I left someone out).

Putting together events like this is hard work, and these guys do it not because they get paid, but because they love it.
jim richardson

Post by jim richardson »

8) Good times, good friends, good waves...Well two out of three aint bad. Many thanks to the organizers off the event Don, Tom, Jack, Greg, and Mark and the rest of the boys Im sure Im leaving someone out but you know who you are. Thanks to Sprocky, Credlier and Miss Wooley, who on a wet and rainy Friday afternoon took us in and showed us the meaning of hospitality. Thanks for the brew and tacos :mrgreen: .
On Friday evening while waiting for the boys to get ready before the trip to Hensley's, eight of us were trying to escape the rain under my 8'X8' easy up. We stood in tight quarters trying to stay dry, telling stories of the day and jokin around when, we were approached by a man. We stood in silence as the stray camper told us a tale about the day he met his good friend George Greenough up at Rincon. Jetty Eddie as he is known far and wide was shaping a fin out a piece of driftwood with a rock that he had found on the beach when George came up to him to say," Thats cool man..." They have been friends ever since. A special thanks to Jetty Eddie for his donation to the raffle, allowing us to use the area for the contest, a great story and for watching over the campsites while we were away at the bar. He took the time too roll up Scott's awning and catch and fold up my easy up before any real damage was done by the wind.
I believe you Jetty Eddie. :D
alfredo zavala

Post by alfredo zavala »

Just wanted to say Thanks to all the good folks who made this weekend happen.
I also want to say it was relly cool to get to meet so many of you guys.
Thanks for the comeraderie and good vibes.
Surf report Central coast =small and south wind. :cry:
So pretty much skunked for surf down south and home, but hangin with so many classic kneelos made the trip worth it.
This week is looking pretty amazing. . .
Go get it and I hope to see some epic shots of this coming week!
Scott

Post by Scott »

Echoing Markem's, Fredo's and the rest of you. Really fun weekend, even without the contest. Sorry for all the work necessary to try to reschedule the event for the steering committee.

The group surf between the jetties right after the contest was called will always be a great memory--50 kneelos scattered up and down the beach just chatting, catchin' waves, trading boards, and generally insulting one another as needed. Priceless...

The fun and the excitement on the final evening together at the tavern was just as if everything had all come off just as planned. That's a testimony to the comraderie. Thanks to all...

Now, on to massive surf in the next few days!
Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

For anyone who saw the howling onshores Saturday, and can make it to the rescheduled event, you'll be glad the contest was canceled.

My condolences go out to Jose Maldonado and his wife, Peter Deacon and his girlfriend, David Parkes, Paul Duquet, all the NorCal/MidCal guys, and anyone else who travelled really far for a contest that never happened. I hope you all had a good time regardless, and hope you score when you get home.
Why do Moroccan tree climbing goats make great pets?
a. They'll mow, and fertilize, your lawn.
b. They can climb trees!
c. Goat's milk, cheese, yogurt, etc is pretty tasty
d. The goats themselves are pretty tasty.
e. All of the above
Jack Beresford

reschedule

Post by Jack Beresford »

Looks like it may be later this week or early next week before we have new dates. I'll echo Sprocky's sentiment - while it's a bummer to reschedule - the waves really stunk Friday and Sat. Better to take our chances on some new dates. Hopefully we can run the comp in some solid surf!
Cripple Crusader

Post by Cripple Crusader »

Well it was cracking good fun while it lasted!!!!!! At least I can say the English contingent was never out of the US titles!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Great to catch up with some old faces and meet a bunch of new Yankie kneelos!!!
Hopefully be back for another comp in a couple of years..... and on the bright side at least we only drove down from LA, and didn't cross the pond especially for the event!!!!
Peter & Skye

PS..... Think I'll ebay my ticket into Round 3!!!!! :twisted: :roll: :D
On your knees, if you please
EasterIslandDi
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by EasterIslandDi »

I'd like to add my thanks to the organizers of the event and all the folks I met while there.

Being a stranger to the group, I didn't quite know what to expect, but I was blown away by how friendly and genuinely nice everyone was - sorry if this ruins anyone's image, guys - you're a great bunch of people!

I thoroughly enjoyed all the stories I heard, too - and the plot thickens. I look forward to hearing more at the rescheduled event and watching some kick-a** kneeboard surfing!
D.R.

Post by D.R. »

Looks like it worked out that I'll be in California for this. Just don't know if I'm going to enter the contest. Haven't kneeboarded in 10 years at least. Don't know if 1 day of practice will get me up to my full potential for contest surfing. Will definitely be down with my brother to cheer him on, and surf just outside the contest zone...