North vs South @ Jalama ?????

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

Jimbo
Legend (Contribution King!)

Jalama

Post by Jimbo »

Scott - thanks for the link. Brings back a lot of memories for me. can't wait to meet everyone. Mike - $$$ and license info is incoming. Thanks for organizing the camping situation.
Ler

Go for it

Post by Ler »

Full contact or not. The North will get worked. I can't wait to see the slaughter.
Greg Little
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Jalama & Reservations

Post by Greg Little »

Mike Thanks for all the work your doing for us. That being said I am confused. I have talked with the people at Jalama and I was told there are NO reservations for single campsights. But you can reserve the group campsight, and it holds up to 10 tents. The pic that John posted Does'nt show much of the park, and if I remember that looks like the area that the group sight is in. So is the $18.00 for a single???? or is it for the group sight???? The answer to this question is going to determine whether we get up at 0400 or 0900. Greg.....
barry

Jalama

Post by barry »

Greg
The $18 is for 1 night in a single campsite. There are NO reservations at Jalama that is why Mike is asking everyone who wants to commit, to send him a check made out to Jalama and their car license # so he can buy the spot with your info and 18$check when it becomes available so when you show up later in the day there will be a camp spot still available(reserved) for whomever sent him a check and their arrival info. No body has to do it this way. You or anyone else can always gamble that there will still be a campsite available upon your arrival. Looking forward to seeing everyone at Jalama.
P.S. hadn't thought about the demolition derby heat before. wouldn't want to have a new stick for that heat :oops:
Barry
Ler

Jalama

Post by Ler »

Can you buy a day pass or do you have to get a camp site? I only plan to be there one day, Saturday.
barry

Jalama

Post by barry »

Yes Ler
you can buy a day pass just check their website for the fee.
You may need to purchase wave priority for a fee as well :lol:
Glad you will be attending even if it is only for 1day.
Barry
mike schmaeling
Local (More than 25 post)

Jalama gathering

Post by mike schmaeling »

Hi everyone,

If we get a swell like today's, we are in for a great time!!! Hope you all are planning some serious water time during the next few days. The surf is UP.

As has already been stated, we will not be in one of the group areas, but rather, we will have several single sites together. They will be in the middle and back part of the campgroud (near the Playground). Please don't tell others that we got reserved spots, We are being treated very well and I would like to keep these arrangements available for future possible Gatherings. Day Use Passes are also available and if you want to stay in a motel, let me know and I'll get you a list of nearby places.

Well, I going to go get in the Hottub to thaw out from this afternoon's session. You warm water southerners - be warned!!!!!

Mike
ROCKTJOK
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

I'm jealous

Post by ROCKTJOK »

Must be nice being able to plan a trip to Jalama without airfare. Hi Guys, I have been following this thread for awhile and finally got my Jalama pics uploaded to this site (http://www.ksusa.org./Forum/album_personal.php) If this link does not work, go to Photo gallery,user personal Galleries,rocktjok. I first found Jalama in 1987 on my first work trip to VAFB. I launch Titan Rockets. Since then it has been my favorite break. I always request 2nd shift so I can catch the offshores in the AM. I live in Cocoa Beach Fla and have been a Kneeboarder since 72 (greenough days). I don't know who to root for in this "contest". I was born in the Bay area but moved to Fla in the 3rd grade (1964) so I guess I'm a little closer to SoCal. It sounds like you are all going to have a great time. I'm sure you will post the results with blow by blow details of who ate the most crow. Have a blast, wish I was there.
Milon Wyle
Cocoa Bch Fla
ScottMac

North vs South @ Jalama ?????

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ROCKTJOK

Jalama

Post by ROCKTJOK »

Hey Scott, I tried to surf on base and the only place I found was called "the wall". I looked at it one day but never surfed it. To be able to take advantage of the surf spots you have to join the VAFB surf club. This is a new thing only about 4 years old. You have to be badged to get on base and can only surf with an airforce excort (ie a guy/gal who is in the AF and in the club) You also have to pass a safety/first aid course, swim a 1/4 mile and some other stuff. I tried to set that up last time I was out but it is really hard to get it all together.

Milon
Cocoa Bch Fla
Greg Little

Post by Greg Little »

Barry, thanks for the info. The check is on the way to Mike. I'm not one to gamble when driving 4 hours. ( I've been SHUT DOWN at Jalama before) its NOOOO fun. Give Stumpy a.k.a. Erik a call. I'm trying to get him to come up as well. I'm thinking it might help. Thanks again & see you in Jalama, or O'Side tomorrow. Greg.....
matt cunningham

Expression session and such

Post by matt cunningham »

Fellow Tube Dogs

I see Bob Gove (not grove), Billy Lerner, and I think Jack and Dave from the south among many others. So what about an age graded handicapp kinda like a horse only a lot better. I mean Bob is my hero, he's got a picture of George Greenough in his bedroom that get's older while he stays the same age, very spooky. Billy is at least 4/10 of a century old and ithe other day as I was talking to Jack I noticed he had a receding hairline, a sure sign of impending senility, somnolence and general old age.

So like the old nags we are, one extra point per year after forty. Grey hair 1/2 a point, bad back 1/4 (you must have doctor's reports which Billy L will provide data for a nominal fee). Hearing loss doesn't count since it only works in your favor if you have kids or are married.

What do you think
Matt the Rat Cunningham
The sneakiest of all pigs
Last edited by matt cunningham on Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ler

funny

Post by Ler »

Thats too funny, Matt. really like the part of hearing, married or kids. I have selective hearing myself. You'll get all the extra points you need.
Greg Little

Post by Greg Little »

Hey now. We have plenty of old kneelo's in the south, and one with a bent leg. I guess there will be alot of handicaps on both sides.... Greg....
DANO

Jalama

Post by DANO »

Barry,
Please place myself and Hosey Pette on the list to repersent the North.
Thanx for doing all the work.
Dano Gildea.